Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do we Pay for XBOX LIVE, AND ARE OK WITH IT

+11
gow
TRF
SlySonji™
Zillah
gamer22
Padders
chobo500
TheJubJub5721
MEGAlan
BlackStigma
yonny616
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why do we Pay for XBOX LIVE, AND ARE OK WITH IT - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do we Pay for XBOX LIVE, AND ARE OK WITH IT

Post by Stoney Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:43 pm

tahmdick wrote:lol alan is kinda fail

You are fail. The minute you comeback to this forum you troll the 360 one. Fucking posting disgusting pictures.What mental disability do you have? Im guessing Autism.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Why do we Pay for XBOX LIVE, AND ARE OK WITH IT - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do we Pay for XBOX LIVE, AND ARE OK WITH IT

Post by chobo500 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:

I'm trying to be as fair and unbaised as possible. Use common sense. Most PS3s, unlike most Xboxes, come built in with wi-fi. I can safely say that most PS3 owners use the wi-fi for online gaming considering the fact that PS3s don't come with ethernet cables. P2P connections are based off of host consoles acting as the servers. Your connection to the game depends on THEIR connection as well. A wi-fi connection, in the best conditions, would still not be as good as a wired connection for hosting. This is a logical explanation as to why its more common to experience some lag on multiplatform multiplayer games on the PS3. This was if and only if both PSN/XBL are equally as friendly to P2P connections. I'm sure they are to an extent, but I'm open minded to the fact that it may be for a different reason.

Alot of people get on XBL using the $100 Wierless adapter and they funtion just like the built in Wi-Fi in the PS3 (however, i think the newer ones are a bit stronger) I use it, and the Wi-Fi in my PS3 and I exprience No problems online.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Alan, I was making references. Obviously, if I we weren't talking about cake but that's IRRELEVANT. lol.
Back to the topic.

- It's more of an instant messaging system to you, but it's still party chat. No matter how you want it to be. I'm not assuming. I never assume. That makes an ass out of u and me.

- My Wi-fi connection is 100%. Seriously, I can make a video.
*blows pistol* I'm not the only one in the world that has 100% or somewhere close to that.
If that was the case, Gears 2 would NEVER lag. Or that's like saying, no 360 owners would be Wi-Fi since it didn't come with it.

- YES YOU CAN. lol. That's what you don't know. You can play Single-Player games, Offline-Multi Player games. If you don't play online, then it will download. Simple.

I'm just giving you you information so you wont be ignorant to the topic.
Don't debate PS3/360 if you don't know the others. If I don't know 360's, I will ask.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:11 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:Alan, you can do a lot of things while backround downloading on PS3 Facepalm

You shouldn't debate on XBL vs. PSN if you don't own a PS3 -_-

My brother owns a PS3, and I game on it. Not only that, but I always follow Sony's updates to the service. Besides, that's the biggest hypocritical thing I've ever heard you say. You ALWAYS debate about PS3 vs Xbox 360 topics and you don't own a X360. So what's with the double-standard? Atleast I'm well informed about the competition.

Zillah wrote:Alan, I was making references. Obviously, if I we weren't talking about cake but that's IRRELEVANT. lol.
Back to the topic.

- It's more of an instant messaging system to you, but it's still party chat. No matter how you want it to be. I'm not assuming. I never assume. That makes an ass out of u and me.

- My Wi-fi connection is 100%. Seriously, I can make a video.
*blows pistol* I'm not the only one in the world that has 100% or somewhere close to that.
If that was the case, Gears 2 would NEVER lag. Or that's like saying, no 360 owners would be Wi-Fi since it didn't come with it.

- YES YOU CAN. lol. That's what you don't know. You can play Single-Player games, Offline-Multi Player games. If you don't play online, then it will download. Simple.

I'm just giving you you information so you wont be ignorant to the topic.
Don't debate PS3/360 if you don't know the others. If I don't know 360's, I will ask.

-With text chat on PS3, the ONLY thing you can do is send instant text to your friends. There is no party functionality what-so-ever. Another example of a party system, would be like Call of Duty's lobby system. If text chat was a party system or a party chat, Sony would have called it that.

-It's a known fact that Wi-fi connections aren't the best for P2P online gaming. Why do I have to explain this to you when you already probably know so? Bringing up Gears 2 is irrelevant as I was talking about MULTIPLATFORM multiplayer games. I'm assuming that both versions of a multiplat game have similar netcodes. If the amount wi-fi connections are the only extreme factor, then PS3 users are more likely to get some lag during gameplay. It's a conclusion based off of common sense. I never said no X360 users use wi-fi, I'm saying that there aren't as many. Don't over-complicate things.

-You can play SOME singleplayer games. Just like how you can use custom soundtracks on SOME games.

-You are giving me negligible information that hardly contributes to my main points. Oh you were able to make some comments about 1-2 of my points, I guess that makes my other 10 or 11 points irrelevant. And that makes me ignorant too. I know alot more about PSN's feature set and XBL's feature set than you do.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:24 pm

You fail to mention update -_-

Oh and when I debate about Xbox 360 vs. PS3, I use every knowledge I know on both consoles.

CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 pm

OH YEA?!!??!??! IN SOVIET RUSSIA, YOU UPDATE TO MENTION FAIL.

"Oh and when I debate about Xbox 360 vs. PS3, I use every knowledge I know on both consoles."

So, not much?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:OH YEA?!!??!??! IN SOVIET RUSSIA, YOU UPDATE TO MENTION FAIL.

"Oh and when I debate about Xbox 360 vs. PS3, I use every knowledge I know on both consoles."

So, not much?

I know enough.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:51 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You are fail. The minute you comeback to this forum you troll the 360 one. Fucking posting disgusting pictures.What mental disability do you have? Im guessing Autism.
no the only reason i went to the shitty republic was so that i could ask for a second chance on this one, lol u actually think i would stay in that fanboy infested retardness?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm

tahmdick wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

no the only reason i went to the shitty republic was so that i could ask for a second chance on this one, lol u actually think i would stay in that fanboy infested retardness?

Well it would be a perfect forum for you then. Seen as you obviously have some mental retardation.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 pm

OMG.

I N C E P T I O N

Seriously, wtf?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Alan, add me on PSN. Or at least make an account on your brother's PS3. Don't tell me you can't. HJ gave me the same BS. Laughing

As for your other points, I wont bother re-typing cause it's pointless at this point.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:14 am

Kind of ironic to the arguement, but my brother's PS3 is a launch model 20 GB version (with a swapped out 80 GB HDD) with no wi-fi.... The modem is thankfully in MY room so I can get a wired connection without much trouble but my brother is currently trying to find a way around that issue. I think he is trying to either get a 100 foot ethernet cable and drill a hole through the wall OR try to find a 3rd party wireless adapter that works on the PS3 (if one does exist). For me, the simple solution is to just simply bring his PS3 to my room to play online multiplayer....but my brother doesn't let me do that very often.

This is part of the reason why I want to get my OWN ps3 and not have to worry about that being able to connect online....that and he is a BITCH when it comes to sharing.

I guess and I can create a PSN account off the playstation site and then whenever my bro let's me borrow his PS3 I can recover it on the console. Alright?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:10 am

FUCKING HELL ALAN U DONT HAVE A PS3 NOR DOES UR BROTHER UR JUST MAKING UP BULLSHIT EXCUSES
soz for caps

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm

tahmdick wrote:FUCKING HELL ALAN U DONT HAVE A PS3 NOR DOES UR BROTHER UR JUST MAKING UP BULLSHIT EXCUSES
soz for caps

Boy, I can't WAIT to prove you wrong.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Microsoft basically holds part of your games for ransom so that you have to purchase XBL. If you dont pay Microsoft for Live, all your games that have multiplayer are useless. They literally chop your game in half and hold it over your head. That shit pisses me off. I shouldn't have to pay Microsoft to connect to the DEVELOPERS SERVERS so that I can play online. Its shit.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Jamin wrote:Microsoft basically holds part of your games for ransom so that you have to purchase XBL. If you dont pay Microsoft for Live, all your games that have multiplayer are useless. They literally chop your game in half and hold it over your head. That shit pisses me off. I shouldn't have to pay Microsoft to connect to the DEVELOPERS SERVERS so that I can play online. Its shit.

I don't believe multiplayer is half the value of a game. The only one that truely fits in the arguement are MMOs, which can only be played online. The scope of that arguement is also significantly decreased when you think about just how many titles you play online multiplayer on. I mean if you just play one online game then yea it is pretty shit, but if you play multiple then is it really such a big deal?

Though I agree to an extent. I don't mind paying for Live, since there are alot of features I like about it, but there are also alot of features that I don't really even use. They need to give X360 users more options on their subscriptions. There is a huugge gap between the features of Silver and Gold.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:Microsoft basically holds part of your games for ransom so that you have to purchase XBL. If you dont pay Microsoft for Live, all your games that have multiplayer are useless. They literally chop your game in half and hold it over your head. That shit pisses me off. I shouldn't have to pay Microsoft to connect to the DEVELOPERS SERVERS so that I can play online. Its shit.

I don't believe multiplayer is half the value of a game. The only one that truely fits in the arguement are MMOs, which can only be played online. The scope of that arguement is also significantly decreased when you think about just how many titles you play online multiplayer on. I mean if you just play one online game then yea it is pretty shit, but if you play multiple then is it really such a big deal?

Though I agree to an extent. I don't mind paying for Live, since there are alot of features I like about it, but there are also alot of features that I don't really even use. They need to give X360 users more options on their subscriptions. There is a huugge gap between the features of Silver and Gold.

Almost every single FPS on the market is heavily focused Online, and without paying M$ for XBL, the game is practically useless.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Almost every single FPS on the market is heavily focused Online, and without paying M$ for XBL, the game is practically useless.

Yes, and FPS's are oversatured this generation. When you think about it, there is Halo...then there is COD, and than a shit ton of clones of each.

When you pay for Live, you aren't paying for JUST multiplayer. There are advantages to playing on XBL than the other platforms.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Yes, and FPS's are oversatured this generation. When you think about it, there is Halo...then there is COD, and than a shit ton of clones of each.

When you pay for Live, you aren't paying for JUST multiplayer. There are advantages to playing on XBL than the other platforms.

What does Xbox LIVE add to the gameplay? Just asking.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

I've already listed the advantages of Xbox Live. The advantages of XBL are largely extra convenience in UI rather than direct gameplay bonuses..
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

I've already listed the advantages of Xbox Live. The advantages of XBL are largely extra convenience in UI rather than direct gameplay bonuses..

Game Share > Everything?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Yeah, but they don't add anything to the game itself.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree. Multiplats aren't better on Xbox 360. But the service is though.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
tahmdick wrote:FUCKING HELL ALAN U DONT HAVE A PS3 NOR DOES UR BROTHER UR JUST MAKING UP BULLSHIT EXCUSES
soz for caps

Why do you have to wait? Ar eyou far from your brother? When's the last time you've been online?
Yeah, you're lying to me.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:29 am

Zillah wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
soz for caps

Why do you have to wait? Ar eyou far from your brother? When's the last time you've been online?
Yeah, you're lying to me.

Bro, did you read? My brothers PS3 isn't connected online. The only time I can connect online is when he lets me bring it to my room (with the modem) so I can connect it through ethernet. O.o

I thought you just wanted to play with me but after re-reading it, it seems that you are just testing the credibility of my knowledge.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next