Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

+10
MEGAlan
chobo500
Reaper
TRF
Jamin
adro
SlySonji™
Stoney
CyberpunkCentral
Padders
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360 - Page 2 Empty Re: Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

Post by Ezio Auditore Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 am

Xbox 360= FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ezio Auditore
Ezio Auditore
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360 - Page 2 Empty Re: Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:36 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
TRF wrote:CC, if Retro Studios can fit two Gamecube games (with improved graphics and motion controls) and a Wii game into one Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, then I'm sure Microsoft could do the same with, say, Halo.

"Metroid Prime: Trilogy" is not in 720p upscale. That's the point i'm trying to make. Sure Microsoft can make a "Halo" collection, but will the DVD have enough space to upscale the games into 720p? With Blu-ray you don't have to worry about all that.

Face Desk Stupidity

CC, the majority of a game's disc content has nothing to do with a game's output resolution. There is a certain part of the disc space (average 100 MBs) that are used for basic game engine assets. Even then, the resolution of a game is pretty much entirely dependant on RAM budget. If anything the X360 is more capable of producing a 1280 X 720 framebuffer than the PS3 is since it has a high-bandwidth 10mb eDRAM attached to the Xenos GPU as opposed to the PS3's RSX which doesn't. Not only can it run a hypothetical Halo collection in HD, but they can also probably squeeze 2xMSAA or 4xMSAA considering the older Halo's have really simple textures.

Hell, they could probably use the Reach engine to create the Halo collections and it could STILL fit on one disc. Halo Reach has more content than Halo CE and 2 combined. It's called progression in game engine technology and compression techniques. Smile

The amount of storage required for movies and videos on the other hand is largely dependant on the resolution. Pre-rendered video files take up MUCH more space than game content actually does.

Now please dude, just stop. ROFL
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:42 am

TRF wrote:CC, if Retro Studios can fit two Gamecube games (with improved graphics and motion controls) and a Wii game into one Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, then I'm sure Microsoft could do the same with, say, Halo.
The reason why all three games fit on one disc, is because Metriod Prime was only 1.3 gigs, Prime 2 was only 1.4 gigs, and Prime 3 was 4.3 gigs. Thats only 7 gigs, that's why it fits on one Wii DL disc. Microsoft uses nearly 2 gigs of their discs for security.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:08 am

Bluray >> DvD FACT

Bluray = more space for resolution, high-res texture and high quality sound. FACT

Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 am

We all know cartridges are the best so just shut up. Smile
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Stoney wrote:We all know cartridges are the best so just shut up. Smile

THIS.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

"Metroid Prime: Trilogy" is not in 720p upscale. That's the point i'm trying to make. Sure Microsoft can make a "Halo" collection, but will the DVD have enough space to upscale the games into 720p? With Blu-ray you don't have to worry about all that.

Face Desk Stupidity

CC, the majority of a game's disc content has nothing to do with a game's output resolution. There is a certain part of the disc space (average 100 MBs) that are used for basic game engine assets. Even then, the resolution of a game is pretty much entirely dependant on RAM budget. If anything the X360 is more capable of producing a 1280 X 720 framebuffer than the PS3 is since it has a high-bandwidth 10mb eDRAM attached to the Xenos GPU as opposed to the PS3's RSX which doesn't. Not only can it run a hypothetical Halo collection in HD, but they can also probably squeeze 2xMSAA or 4xMSAA considering the older Halo's have really simple textures.

Hell, they could probably use the Reach engine to create the Halo collections and it could STILL fit on one disc. Halo Reach has more content than Halo CE and 2 combined. It's called progression in game engine technology and compression techniques. Smile

The amount of storage required for movies and videos on the other hand is largely dependant on the resolution. Pre-rendered video files take up MUCH more space than game content actually does.

Now please dude, just stop. ROFL

Fine Alan, you prove your point. Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray. Happy now?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:57 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:Fine Alan, you prove your point. Xbox 360 doesn't need Blu-ray. Happy now?
You got trashed, CC. FATALITY. Laughing
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Um....no.
I HAZ TWO FLOPPY DISKS.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Reaper wrote:

Um....no.
I HAZ TWO FLOPPY DISKS.

I HAZ 3
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Jamin wrote:
The reason why all three games fit on one disc, is because Metriod Prime was only 1.3 gigs, Prime 2 was only 1.4 gigs, and Prime 3 was 4.3 gigs. Thats only 7 gigs, that's why it fits on one Wii DL disc. Microsoft uses nearly 2 gigs of their discs for security.
A better example is this: Halo: Reach. It's a massive game, but was somehow compressed or something to be under 9GB. If Reach can be put on one disc, then so can 2-3 Xbox Originals.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 pm

QFT
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Reaper wrote:

Um....no.
I HAZ TWO FLOPPY DISKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcfgvsCScsA&feature=channel

1:20 to 2:00

dun wury i hav .... 2 FLOPY DISKZ!
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 pm

I dont care about HD releases except if it had "halo" on the cover
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am

HellJumper wrote:I dont care about HD releases except if it had "halo" on the cover

Of course you don't. You don't own a PS3 Laughing
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:57 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
HellJumper wrote:I dont care about HD releases except if it had "halo" on the cover

Of course you don't. You don't own a PS3 Laughing

OWNT
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2