Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

+10
MEGAlan
chobo500
Reaper
TRF
Jamin
adro
SlySonji™
Stoney
CyberpunkCentral
Padders
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360 Empty Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

Post by Padders Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 pm

From Ico to God of War to Sly to Beyond Good & Evil, the PlayStation 3 is currently being inundated by high-definition ports of classic PS2 games. The Xbox 360? Notsomuch.

“I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea,” Microsoft Game Studios Corporate Vice President Phil Spencer told IGN. “I’m going to think about it from the customer’s perspective, and are we really delivering something of value to the customer at a price that they want?”
Source: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/10/microsoft-not-so-keen-on-hd-re-releases-for-xbox-360/
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360 Empty Re: Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:47 pm

In other words they have no Blu-ray.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360 Empty Re: Microsoft Not So Keen On HD Re-Releases For Xbox 360

Post by Stoney Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:08 pm

HD remakes are meh. I guess they appeal to some people. Would change my mind if they released MGS 1 - 3 in HD though.

Yup, I realise how hypocritical my previous statement is. Smile
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Stoney wrote:HD remakes are meh. I guess they appeal to some people. Would change my mind if they released MGS 1 - 3 in HD though.

HD Re-releases are great. Imagine this: Ratchet & Clank Collection or Jak Collection.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

i still have my ps2, and I still have ico and sotc. and for some odd reasons i'm excited for the collections, and i'm gonna buy it... confused
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:40 pm

adro wrote:i still have my ps2, and I still have ico and sotc. and for some odd reasons i'm excited for the collections, and i'm gonna buy it... confused
I have no choice but to buy the ICOllection. I've never played the games before, so I was going to get them used for PS2, but its actually cheaper to wait for the release of the ICOllection.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 am

SlySonji™️ wrote:
Stoney wrote:HD remakes are meh. I guess they appeal to some people. Would change my mind if they released MGS 1 - 3 in HD though.

HD Re-releases are great. Imagine this: Ratchet & Clank Collection or Jak Collection.

TBH I've never played an R & C game nor Jak. I don't even recall ever hearing of Jak or Sly Cooper (Few people seem to mention it on this site) from last gen, oddly enough. Embarassed
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:54 am

Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:

TBH I've never played an R & C game nor Jak. I don't even recall ever hearing of Jak or Sly Cooper (Few people seem to mention it on this site) from last gen, oddly enough. Embarassed

Are you serious?! Shocked

Do yourself a favor, and buy these HD collections once their released.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 am

I've heard of them for a long time, but sadly, I never had the opportunity to play Sly or Jak.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 am

Jamin wrote:I've heard of them for a long time, but sadly, I never had the opportunity to play Sly or Jak.
You're really missing out, man. Pick up the Jak trilogy at your earliest convenience. They were some of the best games on PS2. Naughty Dog's greatest franchise, easily.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Well at least the MS guy was proffesional here, unlike that Aaron Greenburg or Don Mattrick, he got made a fool of by Geoff Keighley.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Reaper wrote:Well at least the MS guy was proffesional here, unlike that Aaron Greenburg or Don Mattrick, he got made a fool of by Geoff Keighley.

Yeah, Phil Spencer is the only guy from Microsfts gamign division i have respect for.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:49 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:In other words they have no Blu-ray.

That has nothing to do with it.

Average Xbox game is 3-4 GBs Rolling Eyes
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how Microsoft can't deliver the same value as Sony's HD collections.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about how Microsoft can't deliver the same value as Sony's HD collections.

What do you mean?

And are you being serious? Same "value"? WTF? They are just graphical enchancements to the original. Don't try to sugar coat it.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

What do you mean?

And are you being serious? Same "value"? WTF? They are just graphical enchancements to the original. Don't try to sugar coat it.

It's more then just graphical enchancements. It's also about bringing all these games into one. That's where Blu-ray comes in.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:04 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

What do you mean?

It's more then just graphical enchancements. It's also about bringing all these games into one. That's where Blu-ray comes in.

Alright? So you meant it as a space issue?

They could still manage to fit 2-3 Xbox originals on one DVD disc. And if worst comes to worst they could always use more discs (The COD: War collections included COD 2, 3, and WaW on separate discs.)

I'm sorry but the Blu-ray excuse is REALLY stupid.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

What do you mean?

Alright? So you meant it as a space issue?

They could still manage to fit 2-3 Xbox originals on one DVD disc. And if worst comes to worst they could always use more discs (The COD: War collections included COD 2, 3, and WaW on separate discs.)

I'm sorry but the Blu-ray excuse is REALLY stupid.
I agree with Alan there lol

HD-Remakes are good for people who miss out on some good games on the PS2.
I am looking forward to the Ico collection.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:36 pm

You are absolutely Alan. Why stick with 1 Blu-ray disc when we can have multiple DVDs instead. What was I thinking?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:You are absolutely Alan. Why stick with 1 Blu-ray disc when we can have multiple DVDs instead. What was I thinking?

Why are you trying to twist my words?

Learn how to read.

I said they could already fit 2-3 Xbox original onto one dual-layed DVD if they needed to. And IF WORST COMES TO WORST, they could use another disc.

Now buzz off.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:You are absolutely Alan. Why stick with 1 Blu-ray disc when we can have multiple DVDs instead. What was I thinking?

Learn how to read.

I said they could already fit 2-3 Xbox original onto one dual-layed DVD if they needed to. And IF WORST COMES TO WORST, they could use another disc.

Now buzz off.

And I say it's more then just graphical enchancements.

DVD just doesn't offer the same value as Blu-ray. Period.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:07 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Learn how to read.

Now buzz off.

And I say it's more then just graphical enchancements.

DVD just doesn't offer the same value as Blu-ray. Period.

Facepalm

Dude, you have completely shifted arguements...

What is up with you? Please stop acting dumb. I know you are smarter than that.

It's not "value" it's "storage space". And everyone knows that Blu-ray has more storage space. What I'm argueing, which you have yet to counter, is that the extra storage space is NOT needed if MS were to release remakes of Xbox originals. Xbox originals are an average 3-4 GBs while a 1 disc Xbox 360 game is 7 GBs.

Besides, you are also argueing that 1 disc is ALWAYS more convenient. In the Halo ODST package, there are 2 discs; the ODST campaign disc and the Halo 3 mythic multiplayer disc. The reason they did this is because they are 2 separate games.

You were implying that MS doesn't want to release remakes because of storage space problems which was beyond stupid.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:16 am

CC, if Retro Studios can fit two Gamecube games (with improved graphics and motion controls) and a Wii game into one Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, then I'm sure Microsoft could do the same with, say, Halo.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:25 am

TRF wrote:CC, if Retro Studios can fit two Gamecube games (with improved graphics and motion controls) and a Wii game into one Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, then I'm sure Microsoft could do the same with, say, Halo.

"Metroid Prime: Trilogy" is not in 720p upscale. That's the point i'm trying to make. Sure Microsoft can make a "Halo" collection, but will the DVD have enough space to upscale the games into 720p? With Blu-ray you don't have to worry about all that.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:40 am

TRF wrote:CC, if Retro Studios can fit two Gamecube games (with improved graphics and motion controls) and a Wii game into one Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, then I'm sure Microsoft could do the same with, say, Halo.
I think they only needed usage for motion controls... I dunno.

Anywhoo. Wouldn't it require more disc space if you are going to do graphical enchancements?
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next