Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Gears of War 3 Thread

+20
MEGAlan
gamer22
CernaML
gow
Reaper
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Teckno
Zillah
Epzaos
BlackStigma
Gutzahn
AnAsianKid
NoelX2
SlySonji™
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
xxDEATH METALxx
solidstudios
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
TRF
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Official Gears of War 3 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Gears of War 3 Thread

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:07 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
XenoTorment wrote:Not a huge fan of Gears, movement was too... stiff for my liking.

I don't see what you mean. Did you try high sensitivity?

I think he means going to cover, going out of cover, moving, etc.

Ironically, Gears of War got praised for it's cover system. It's actually was one of the first few TPS's with a decent cover system.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

The Official Gears of War 3 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Gears of War 3 Thread

Post by chobo500 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
XenoTorment wrote:Not a huge fan of Gears, movement was too... stiff for my liking.

I don't see what you mean. Did you try high sensitivity?

I think he means going to cover, going out of cover, moving, etc.

Ironically, Gears of War got praised for it's cover system. It's actually was one of the first few TPS's with a decent cover system.

I found the controlls in Gears to be to clunky for me. I didn't like killzone for the same reason. I liked the uncharted and Batman AA controlls alot better IMO.

Im saying Batman AA because it runs on almost the exact same engine as Gears. But i found the controlls in Batman AA to be alot more fluid.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:09 pm

chobo500 wrote:Im saying Batman AA because it runs on almost the exact same engine as Gears. But i found the controlls in Batman AA to be alot more fluid.
But Arkham Aslyum is a beat 'em up action/adventure game and Gears of War is a third-person shooter. Shadow Complex uses the Unreal Engine, if I recall correctly, but it would be unfair to compare it to Gears of War in terms of controls.

Gears of War has one of the best cover systems out there, but I know what you mean about the game's controls being too tight.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:49 pm

TRF wrote:
chobo500 wrote:Im saying Batman AA because it runs on almost the exact same engine as Gears. But i found the controlls in Batman AA to be alot more fluid.
But Arkham Aslyum is a beat 'em up action/adventure game and Gears of War is a third-person shooter. Shadow Complex uses the Unreal Engine, if I recall correctly, but it would be unfair to compare it to Gears of War in terms of controls.

Gears of War has one of the best cover systems out there, but I know what you mean about the game's controls being too tight.

im not complaining about the cover system. that worked great. i just didn't like the movement and controlls. I find the controlls of Uncharted to be better IMO.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4