Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do so many people hate on the PC

+26
adro
Mental_Gear
Epzaos
AlliDfense
nextgen4life
AnAsianKid
Franko
Teckno
SlySonji™
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Gutzahn
HellJumper
Pizzy3C
Dehumanizer
BlackStigma
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Reaper
gir123321
Invincible
solidstudios
Zillah
TRF
Angelus the Wraith
FaytSaratome
Freemon34
Permafry_42
30 posters

:: General Gaming :: PC

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why do so many people hate on the PC - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do so many people hate on the PC

Post by AlliDfense Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I think many people dont game on the PC or prefer consoles over PC because you constantly have to delve more money into it to keep up with the games because as the games get better graphically and overall you need a better video card, bigger hard drive , more ram etc etc etc.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Why do so many people hate on the PC - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do so many people hate on the PC

Post by TRF Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:03 pm

AlliDfense wrote:I think many people dont game on the PC or prefer consoles over PC because you constantly have to delve more money into it to keep up with the games because as the games get better graphically and overall you need a better video card, bigger hard drive , more ram etc etc etc.
Do you need a new console every time a new game comes out? No. The same applies for PC. The games don't graphically improve THAT much every year.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm

AlliDfense wrote:I think many people dont game on the PC or prefer consoles over PC because you constantly have to delve more money into it to keep up with the games because as the games get better graphically and overall you need a better video card, bigger hard drive , more ram etc etc etc.

I had my PC for two years and i didn't had to spend any money to keep up with the games, i guess my PC is a really tough one. Why do so many people hate on the PC - Page 3 329361
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Teckno wrote:
Jack-_-Franko wrote:pc is good but not great (nerds, hackers, OS changes and many more) but RTSs AlWAYS win on pc (AOE3)
AOE2 >>>>> AOE3
Never will be Aoe2 will beat AOE3 (thx MS for closing down Ensemble Studios I HATE MS Why do so many people hate on the PC - Page 3 842992 )
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Jack-_-Franko wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Jack-_-Franko wrote:pc is good but not great (nerds, hackers, OS changes and many more) but RTSs AlWAYS win on pc (AOE3)
AOE2 >>>>> AOE3
Never will be Aoe2 will beat AOE3 (thx MS for closing down Ensemble Studios I HATE MS Why do so many people hate on the PC - Page 3 842992 )
Aoe3 is trash..
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Mental_Gear Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm

I do indulge in PC gaming on the side and though I can appreciate it, I prefer consoles overall. And no, not because of price, because saying 'PC gaming is the priciest' is just plain ignorant.

Controllers - The mouse is as accurate as you can get. That's undeniable. However - the keyboard offsets it. I love playing FPSs with the accuracy of the mouse but the keyboard is just uncomfortable. WASD for movement, R to reload and T to crouch (I re-assign it to T, what kind of halfwit dev thinks Ctrl is good for crouching?!)...it doesn't feel as natural as dual thumbsticks and face buttons. Ideally a multi-button joystick and multi-button mouse would be better for shooters. That's why I'm intrigued by move - but for other games like RTSs, Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age, the keyboard has its advantages.

The 'hiccups' - this is one of the big issues I have with PC gaming. Console gaming hardly gets more complicated than insert game, download patch, mandatory partial install. PCs on the other hand...the bugs are ridiculous sometimes. Fire Warrior won't run on DX10 despite only requiring DX9. On Vista, Knights of the Old Republic (non-Steam versions) will NOT run unless you use a no CD crack. Morrowind won't run unless you check 'run as administrator' because otherwise it fails to load a snow mesh. Digital versions of Warhammer Dark Omen are ridiculous - install.exe runs a few lines of code in command prompt and then closes. To install, you have to cancel the command prompt process while it's running, and it leaves behind registry files - run them to install.

The BIG problem with that usually is that it varies by OS. Ditto this with mods too - none of the Morrowind Enhanced mods run on Vista, and swapping OS and retaining files can be a bit tricky. Searching for solutions can be troublesome. It's not just the amount of people with the game like on consoles - it's the amount of people with that game, getting that error, on that OS, and (in the case of mods) using that mod.

I know I've said often that PC + PS3 > PS3 + 360, but I'm starting to think that's wrong. Take out the shared exclusives like ME2 THEN look at the libraries - to be frank, there's more true 360 exclusives than true PC exclusives that interest me.

The PC fanboys are the worst, frankly. It's the elitism they throw about that makes them so annoying. I've yet to see ANY console fanboys refer to their install base as the 'master race'. They hypocritically call consoles 'welfare gaming' before pointing out deals on steam and begging for gifts on steam, and go on about 'consoles have no games' despite loving their emulators.

The problem with them is that they don't realise the debate isn't between consoles and PC - it's between a console and the benefits of upgrading your PC from what you already have. They try to be objective about something subjective.

Case in point: this laptop in front of me. I didn't buy it with gaming in mind. It's mainly for word processing, internet, videos and storing my media. But it can also play many games - Civilization IV, Morrowind, Deus Ex, Knights of the Old Republic, Quake, Doom - more or less most games up to (and including) last gen, plus most of the emulators PC fanboys treasure so dearly.

I haven't even bought a gaming PC, yet I own a fair chunk of what they boast about.
Mental_Gear
Mental_Gear
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm

for ME, PC is better than consoles at every point, technicaly, the online, the graphics... everything. everything but one point and it happens it's what matters the most, the Games. if I wasn't an RTS fan ther would be litteraly nothing for me on PC (exclusives of course). sure there some interesting games from times to times, but there is just not enough big blockbuster games, I mean wth does the PC had this year for example, starcraft 2 aaaand... maybe some more rts or mmo and thats about it.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 am

It's funny reading all these comments that you can plug your PC into a LCD TV and use a standard controller. Why not just play on a console? Sounds like that's what you're trying to turn it into.

Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:24 am

Invincible wrote:It's funny reading all these comments that you can plug your PC into a LCD TV and use a standard controller. Why not just play on a console? Sounds like that's what you're trying to turn it into.

no mods...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am

HellJumper wrote:I dont hate PC gaming,I just hate the PC fanboys.i hate their elitism

can you please give me a example
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 pm

gow wrote:
HellJumper wrote:I dont hate PC gaming,I just hate the PC fanboys.i hate their elitism

can you please give me a example

Are you serious or no?
Serious? Facepalm
PC Fanboys are like, god of jerk-offs. They act like, "We have PC's and you don't. You wont be shit in life."

You never saw Blackb0nd vids huh?
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
Invincible wrote:It's funny reading all these comments that you can plug your PC into a LCD TV and use a standard controller. Why not just play on a console? Sounds like that's what you're trying to turn it into.

no mods...

No one cares.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

Here you go:

Facepalm
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm
In Mass Effect 2? Mods are hell of a lot important. Any game on PC like that.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Zillah wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm

How are mods important to any game? They increase the longevity but they are NOT important.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Zillah wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm

How are mods important to any game? They increase the longevity but they are NOT important.

They increase longevity in a game... Which is very important when we talk about getting ur moneys worth... But onto the non asshole response Mods have the ability to improve a game or completely change a game. For instance w/o mods MW2 wouldn't have some of the maps they do, I forget which ones, but some maps were submitted into to IW on COD4's create ur own map contest and were hijacked and put into mw2 as there own work. In COD4 u can play MW2 with all the guns and maps because of mods. In half life u can play the old NES classic Contra in 3D because of Mods... The list goes on... MODS>Developers Smile

The only ppl who don't understand/like mods are ppl who have never played 'em... Just sayin....
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

Facepalm
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Zillah wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm

They increase longevity in a game... Which is very important when we talk about getting ur moneys worth... But onto the non asshole response Mods have the ability to improve a game or completely change a game. For instance w/o mods MW2 wouldn't have some of the maps they do, I forget which ones, but some maps were submitted into to IW on COD4's create ur own map contest and were hijacked and put into mw2 as there own work. In COD4 u can play MW2 with all the guns and maps because of mods. In half life u can play the old NES classic Contra in 3D because of Mods... The list goes on... MODS>Developers Smile

The only ppl who don't understand/like mods are ppl who have never played 'em... Just sayin....

Erm.....I just said mods increase longevity, but that doesn't mean they are important to games like Mass Effect 2.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Zillah wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm

Erm.....I just said mods increase longevity, but that doesn't mean they are important to games like Mass Effect 2.

Ok... Ur just the type of person that has fun playing the same thing over and over. I'm not, so I like mods to give me a new feel to the games I purchased and getting way more bang for my buck. Rather than going through the same levels over and over until I've memorized every outcome of every scenario... Lol I can't even believe I have to explain why mods make games better... Facepalm I'm done...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Zillah wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

no mods...

No one cares.

... Facepalm

Ok... Ur just the type of person that has fun playing the same thing over and over. I'm not, so I like mods to give me a new feel to the games I purchased and getting way more bang for my buck. Rather than going through the same levels over and over until I've memorized every outcome of every scenario... Lol I can't even believe I have to explain why mods make games better... Facepalm I'm done...

Im NOT talking about MP games were mods would obviously be welcome. Fuck sake, I asked Zillah how mods are important to games like ME 2, as he stated, that are solely single player games. Stop twisting my words.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:19 pm

How are mods important to any game

I deserve liek, an award or sumthn. Lmao.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:53 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:Im NOT talking about MP games were mods would obviously be welcome. Fuck sake, I asked Zillah how mods are important to games like ME 2, as he stated, that are solely single player games. Stop twisting my words.

Half Life 2 has a Contra mod, I believe I've said this, where u can play the NES classic in 3d. Already have 2 separate games on your one purchase. Value>
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:45 pm

I like how people think that Mods are largely exclusive to PCs.

The LBP series and Halo series (mainly Halo 3 and Reach) have user generated content and they AREN'T on PCs.

Mods and the allowance of user generated content are something that the developers decide to enable in their games, it's not a specific feature of the PC platform.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:I like how people think that Mods are largely exclusive to PCs.

The LBP series and Halo series (mainly Halo 3 and Reach) have user generated content and they AREN'T on PCs.

Mods and the allowance of user generated content are something that the developers decide to enable in their games, it's not a specific feature of the PC platform.

it's kinda true, but then again that's nothing like mods
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:I like how people think that Mods are largely exclusive to PCs.

Good, 2 games w/ limited mods as opposed to an entire library w/ unlimited expansion...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next