Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do so many people hate on the PC

+26
adro
Mental_Gear
Epzaos
AlliDfense
nextgen4life
AnAsianKid
Franko
Teckno
SlySonji™
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Gutzahn
HellJumper
Pizzy3C
Dehumanizer
BlackStigma
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Reaper
gir123321
Invincible
solidstudios
Zillah
TRF
Angelus the Wraith
FaytSaratome
Freemon34
Permafry_42
30 posters

:: General Gaming :: PC

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why do so many people hate on the PC Empty Why do so many people hate on the PC

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:22 am

i've never understood why people hate on pc and their fans so much. after all, without pcs and computers in general, there wouldn't be video games to begin with.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Why do so many people hate on the PC Empty Re: Why do so many people hate on the PC

Post by Freemon34 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:25 am

No PC= No shooters or RPGs
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Why do so many people hate on the PC Empty Re: Why do so many people hate on the PC

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 am

Freemon34 wrote:No PC= No shooters or RPGs

??
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Because without the PC the 360 would have exclusives? I'unno people are just dumb that way.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:

??

If the PC didn't exist, games like Halo and Mass Effect/Dragon Age wouldn't be on consoles.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:40 pm

There is only one legitimate reason for people to hate the PC. That reason is the software. Micro$oft has been feeding the consumer crappy OS for years (although I've heard good things about Windows 7). Because of Micro$oft people associate PC with unreliable.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the PC. But Micro$oft made people hate the PC. Micro$oft is to blame.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

If the PC didn't exist, games like Halo and Mass Effect/Dragon Age wouldn't be on consoles.

every video game ever created had a PC used in the process of making and selling the game.

Angelus the Wraith wrote:There is only one legitimate reason for people to hate the PC. That reason is the software. Micro$oft has been feeding the consumer crappy OS for years (although I've heard good things about Windows 7). Because of Micro$oft people associate PC with unreliable.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the PC. But Micro$oft made people hate the PC. Micro$oft is to blame.

why would they hate something they can quite easily change? it's not like it is the hardest thing in the world to change OS for pc.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

True, but that's the case with every game. I'm fairly certain Halo: Combat Evolved started out on the Xbox. Well, originally it was going to be a Mac title, but Microsoft paid Bungie teh big bux.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm

TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

True, but that's the case with every game. I'm fairly certain Halo: Combat Evolved started out on the Xbox. Well, originally it was going to be a Mac title, but Microsoft paid Bungie teh big bux.
Halo was originally Marathon which was released on the PC around 1998.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

Marathon is a totally different series.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:52 pm

- iDon't like Windows .

iCan't wait for Google to come out with their OS .
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 am

ive never rly heard about ppl hating PC fans. i love gaming on PC! mods= endless fun
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:54 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:- iDon't like Windows .

Google Chrome OS is mainly for use with netbooks.

solidstudios wrote:ive never rly heard about ppl hating PC fans. i love gaming on PC! mods= endless fun
I've found certain PC fans to be very snooty and condescending, like anything below PC is trash. That doesn't apply to everyone, but I've met enough to know that it makes a sizeable chunk of the user base.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 am

TRF wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:- iDon't like Windows .

Google Chrome OS is mainly for use with netbooks.

solidstudios wrote:ive never rly heard about ppl hating PC fans. i love gaming on PC! mods= endless fun
I've found certain PC fans to be very snooty and condescending, like anything below PC is trash. That doesn't apply to everyone, but I've met enough to know that it makes a sizeable chunk of the user base.
well there is those ppl. but im not one of em
solidstudios
solidstudios

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:54 am

TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

Things like duel wielding and the style of weapons in Halo were originally in Marathon.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 am

Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

Things like duel wielding and the style of weapons in Halo were originally in Marathon.
That doesn't mean that the PC was the reason that Halo exists.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemon34 Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:54 am

TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Freemon34 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

??

That doesn't mean that the PC was the reason that Halo exists.
It helped halo get get established Early.
Freemon34
Freemon34
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 am

Because most people would rather play games on their comfy couch on their nice big LCD big screen. That and PC games aren't the powerhouse they use to be in the 90's. These days games look just as good if not better on a console. Did I mention a mouse and keyboard suck...
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 am

Invincible wrote:Because most people would rather play games on their comfy couch on their nice big LCD big screen. That and PC games aren't the powerhouse they use to be in the 90's. These days games look just as good if not better on a console. Did I mention a mouse and keyboard suck...

you can hook up a pc to your "nice big LCD big screen", PC will eventually be able to emulate any console game that comes out do to indie ports (it just is a matter of time) and you (or someone else) can mod the controls for any game available if you really don't like keyboard and mouse as controls (PC is even coming out with a motion controller now.)

i still don't see why people don't like PC...
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
Invincible wrote:Because most people would rather play games on their comfy couch on their nice big LCD big screen. That and PC games aren't the powerhouse they use to be in the 90's. These days games look just as good if not better on a console. Did I mention a mouse and keyboard suck...

you can hook up a pc to your "nice big LCD big screen", PC will eventually be able to emulate any console game that comes out do to indie ports (it just is a matter of time) and you (or someone else) can mod the controls for any game available if you really don't like keyboard and mouse as controls (PC is even coming out with a motion controller now.)

i still don't see why people don't like PC...
Plus they already made TVs that double as monitors.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by gir123321 Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

people don't like games on the pc because most of them can be moded like half-life and fallout.
gir123321
gir123321
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

https://www.youtube.com/user/gir123321

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

gir123321 wrote:people don't like games on the pc because most of them can be moded like half-life and fallout.
.. Modding is the reason why games on the PC are better.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:13 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
gir123321 wrote:people don't like games on the pc because most of them can be moded like half-life and fallout.

- Some people don't like that, like she said .

Halo and Mass Effect 2 are WAYYY better on PC .
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:

- Some people don't like that, like she said .

Halo and Mass Effect 2 are WAYYY better on PC .
true dat
solidstudios
solidstudios

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed May 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Its not so much the PC as the PC fanboys...you will never meet such elitist twats anywhere else.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next