Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss

+15
xxDEATH METALxx
TheJubJub5721
Teckno
Zillah
adro
Padders
Pizzy3C
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
igame
chobo500
gow
BlackStigma
SlySonji™
Stoney
CyberpunkCentral
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss Empty "Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 pm

"Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss Mike_f10

Do you feel that the DVD format is holding the Xbox 360 back in terms of its lifespan? A lot of people are saying that embracing Blu-ray would extend the 360's shelf life.

I think people may have spoken about that originally, but that's long gone. I think people now recognise what a smart decision it was to keep the pricing low, and actually Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format. People have moved through from DVDs to digital downloads and digital streaming, so we offer full HD 1080p Blu-ray quality streaming instantly, no download, no delay. So, who needs Blu-ray?

Source: X360A
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss Empty Re: "Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss

Post by Stoney Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:40 pm

If MS think they can get away with Digital Distribution for their next console well they'll be sorely mistaken.

Blu-Ray is the future when it comes to physical copies as opposed to DVD, or until a better format comes out.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

"Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss Empty Re: "Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format,” says Xbox UK boss

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Soo..

DVD next gen?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:Soo..

DVD next gen?

Custom format is my guess.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

DVD next gen?

vDD?!?!?!

God, I hope not. I'm not buying the next Xbox next gen, but for Microsoft's sake, I hope they do something about it..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:29 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

DVD next gen?

vDD?!?!?!

God, I hope not. I'm not buying the next Xbox next gen, but for Microsoft's sake, I hope they do something about it..

What's wrong with a custom format?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

DVD next gen?

vDD?!?!?!

What's wrong with a custom format?

I was still talking about the whole Blu-Ray will be passed by thing. I didn't mean to respond to you.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 pm

lol, thats why Blu ray made Toshiba drop HD DVD, thats why devs are laughing at M$ because they didn't choose Blu Ray (Capcom Lost Planet 2, Konami Lord of the Shawdows) 5-6 awesome PS3 exclusives would have never existed. FAIL M$ just pure FAIL!!!! they do realise that there not supposed to compete with Kotick when it comes to stupid comments

Last edited by gow on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 pm

And i thought Activision was stupid.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 pm

How can you say that with a straight face? lol
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 am

lol @ the pic...

Well everything is going to be passed sooner or later, technology is getting better and better.

I think in the next 3-5 years and good contender will come about but for now Blu-Ray is the leading HD format.

Who noes ?
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:43 am

3d gaming is the future. Since they're coming out w/ 3d tv's w/ no glasses I'm sure ppl will jump onto those. All I've seen from 3d is a demo at Best Buy and my God I was blown away... Can dvd do 3d? Cuz if not their up shit creek without a paddle...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 am

Pizzy3C wrote:3d gaming is the future. Since they're coming out w/ 3d tv's w/ no glasses I'm sure ppl will jump onto those. All I've seen from 3d is a demo at Best Buy and my God I was blown away... Can dvd do 3d? Cuz if not their up shit creek without a paddle...

Course it can, the Avatar game can be played in 3D on both the 360 and PS3. Crysis 2 will be playable in 3D as well. There are others as well, although i don't remember all of them.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:50 am

Got to remember that Sony as been a very ambitious with their video game consoles and pushing the market even further.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 pm

mikenuge wrote:lol @ the pic...

Well everything is going to be passed sooner or later, technology is getting better and better.

I think in the next 3-5 years and good contender will come about but for now Blu-Ray is the leading HD format.

Who noes ?

The future disc format with be HVD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

But don't expect to be released for a good while.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:3d gaming is the future. Since they're coming out w/ 3d tv's w/ no glasses I'm sure ppl will jump onto those. All I've seen from 3d is a demo at Best Buy and my God I was blown away... Can dvd do 3d? Cuz if not their up shit creek without a paddle...

Course it can, the Avatar game can be played in 3D on both the 360 and PS3. Crysis 2 will be playable in 3D as well. There are others as well, although i don't remember all of them.

I think it have something to do with the 360 not just the DVD, cause in movies there no 3D DVD.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
mikenuge wrote:lol @ the pic...

Who noes ?

The future disc format with be HVD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

But don't expect to be released for a good while.

In 3-5 years? Na.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 pm

How bout we all stick with Blu Ray for next gen and not go bankrupt just for HVD Nice!
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Teckno wrote:How bout we all stick with Blu Ray for next gen and not go bankrupt just for HVD Nice!

Psh, bankrupt sounds good to me! Laughing
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:24 am

^

Blockbuster much Very Happy
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am

Blu-Ray is needed for games. Microsoft will be kicking themselves next gen.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by suwukila Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:11 am

naaaaaa HVDs wont be here for a loooooooong time simply because theres to much space wtf r u gona do with 6 terribites?????? lol thats bigger than my hard drive & THEN SUM also those discs are really expensive to make RITE NOW . blu ray WILL be the leading format for the next 5-10 years. & as for streaming lets say u hav no internet or ur internets down U will always hav ur discs PHYSICAL COPY> STREAMING anyday
suwukila
suwukila
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

suwukila wrote:naaaaaa HVDs wont be here for a loooooooong time simply because theres to much space wtf r u gona do with 6 terribites?????? lol thats bigger than my hard drive & THEN SUM also those discs are really expensive to make RITE NOW . blu ray WILL be the leading format for the next 5-10 years. & as for streaming lets say u hav no internet or ur internets down U will always hav ur discs PHYSICAL COPY> STREAMING anyday

Please try not to revive old threads. :rules: but you are right there
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by suwukila Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

lol dont much new threads tho....
suwukila
suwukila
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:31 pm

I never understood the praise about blu ray(in games or movies).Its barely a jump from DVD compared to the jump between VHS and DVD.Blu-Ray may make a movie a little more nice looking but id much rather stick with DVD then have to buy all my movie library again on Blu-Ray.Blu-Ray is just a small luxury imo

Still, I hope that the next xbox isnt digital distribution...
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next