Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Halo: Reach" Reviews Go Up

+12
igame
Zillah
BlackStigma
EvilMrChicken
Gutzahn
TheJubJub5721
TRF
SlySonji™
yonny616
gow
Epzaos
CyberpunkCentral
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"Halo: Reach" Reviews Go Up - Page 3 Empty Re: "Halo: Reach" Reviews Go Up

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
tahmidk wrote:BACK ON TOPIC
halo reach rules

Yes it does! the matchmaking is really addictive!

How can matchmaking be addictive? Matches can be addictive, but matchmaking? Maybe i understand something wrong here, but if you say matchmaking, you think of the stuff, that puts you together with other people to start a game???

If im correct and anyone understands the shit i just said then :

dedicated Server > any kind of matchmaking

Thats why Cod 4 at the pc > Cod 4 at the console

If you dont know what I mean then you fail
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:12 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
halo reach rules

How can matchmaking be addictive? Matches can be addictive, but matchmaking? Maybe i understand something wrong here, but if you say matchmaking, you think of the stuff, that puts you together with other people to start a game???

He said Matchmaking cause Online Halo 3? Laughing
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
halo reach rules

He said Matchmaking cause Online Halo 3? Laughing

:?:
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 am

I've been playing more of the campaign and it's quite fun. I'd give it an 8.5 so far.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:50 am

TRF wrote:I've been playing more of the campaign and it's quite fun. I'd give it an 8.5 so far.

Yeah, the campaign is good. But its not amazing, to be honest I never liked Halo campaigns that much anyway. The MP and FireFight is the real meat of the game
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:00 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Reaper wrote:God i hate Destructoid, their reviews shouldnt be allowed in Metacritic, such troll reviews.

Anyway good for Reach i actually like the look of it, its about time Halo had some space battles. After all, thats the main reason the humans were losing the war because although they won quite often on the ground, they were gettin thumped in space.

The user reviews seem to be ok aswell, even with the troll reviews. Gotta love troll reviews they have the worst reasons for hating a game. Killzone 2 got alot of troll reviews and i quote

"i hate the shitty graphics, i mean c'mon people lets b serious, it looks like friggin pack man and the gameplay is like putting an elephant dick in your throut, impossible, no i do not have a ps3, and this doesn't help me, i,m glad with my 360, ps3 sucks major balzzzzzz"

Author : "guywhohateskillzone"

dude what the fuck is wrong with destructoid? they were the only ones man enough to give ffxiii a 4 which someone who's not a ff fanboy could have done yet everyone on every other web pretty much just gave it high scores which were pretty bullshit

True, but they tend to go against the grain just to get page views, i mean they gave Deadly Premonition a perfect 10 while Heavy Rain (a much more polished game) gets a 7 for fucks sake Face Desk Stupidity
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Reach is pretty awesome the gameplay is addicting, the online is amazing (hate playing as elites though) I don't get why everyone says that its so hard. Have the same people played killzone 2 in elite mode.
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:33 pm

After playing more, the campaign is getting a little frustrating. Multiplayer is fun, but I get bored playing a lot of it at once. I tried the Forge World and it was a lot smaller than I thought.

The game is incredibly underwhelming. It's fun, and I see why people like it, but I'd give it an 8, and I actually somewhat regret buying it.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:36 pm

TRF wrote:After playing more, the campaign is getting a little frustrating. Multiplayer is fun, but I get bored playing a lot of it at once. I tried the Forge World and it was a lot smaller than I thought.

The game is incredibly underwhelming. It's fun, and I see why people like it, but I'd give it an 8, and I actually somewhat regret buying it.

I feel that way sometimes. One month after I bought Red Dead Redemption, I was so mad at myself for buying it..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:56 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TRF wrote:After playing more, the campaign is getting a little frustrating. Multiplayer is fun, but I get bored playing a lot of it at once. I tried the Forge World and it was a lot smaller than I thought.

I feel that way sometimes. One month after I bought Red Dead Redemption, I was so mad at myself for buying it..
I felt the same way with Red Dead Redemption as well, but I actually did get into that game and ended up loving it, which is why I think I'm going to hold onto Reach for a little bit. Most of the fun I had in Halo 3 was with the awesome custom maps. I'll give the creative folks a few months to whip up some awesome maps and gametypes.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 pm

felt the same way about Lost Planet 2
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 am

So far aside from ODST, this game is averaging lower then the prior main Halo games.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 am

which is odd because this is supposed to be Bungie's last hurrah and because of the fact they put every resource they had into Reach
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:51 pm

gow wrote:which is odd because this is supposed to be Bungie's last hurrah and because of the fact they put every resource they had into Reach

Well actually, it is better than Halo 3, a lot better, Expectations for Halo Reach were much higher so there was a lot more scrutiny in the reviews. And technically, it isn't actually a main Halo game, sort of a spin off really.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:which is odd because this is supposed to be Bungie's last hurrah and because of the fact they put every resource they had into Reach

Well actually, it is better than Halo 3, a lot better, Expectations for Halo Reach were much higher so there was a lot more scrutiny in the reviews. And technically, it isn't actually a main Halo game, sort of a spin off really.

I think that the jump from Halo 3 to Reach was alot bigger than Halo 2 to Halo 3. The expectations for Reach were much higher because it was Bungie's last hurrah and they put every resource they had in to the game. Well many of the reviewers said that the only thing missing from Reach was a 4 on the boxart and because Reach was basically a main entry into the series. LOL you can't put Reach into the same catagorey as ODLC (just had to Laughing ) or Wars
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm

gow wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I think that the jump from Halo 3 to Reach was alot bigger than Halo 2 to Halo 3. The expectations for Reach were much higher because it was Bungie's last hurrah and they put every resource they had in to the game. Well many of the reviewers said that the only thing missing from Reach was a 4 on the boxart and because Reach was basically a main entry into the series. LOL you can't put Reach into the same catagorey as ODLC (just had to Laughing ) or Wars

Yes you can, because Master Chief is the protagonist, not Noble 6. Also, there was no "Halo" in Halo Reach.

Spinoff - Media spin-off is the process of deriving new radio programs, television programs or video games or even novels from already existing ones. Spin-offs work with varying degrees of success.

That's what Reach is. A "4" wouldn't work because it doesn't continue the series.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yes you can, because Master Chief is the protagonist, not Noble 6. Also, there was no "Halo" in Halo Reach.

Spinoff - Media spin-off is the process of deriving new radio programs, television programs or video games or even novels from already existing ones. Spin-offs work with varying degrees of success.

That's what Reach is. A "4" wouldn't work because it doesn't continue the series.

In all this, are you serious?
Reach is just a spin-off? In Devil May Cry 4, Nero was the protagonist, yet it wasn't a spin-off right.

9 times out of 10, you wouldn't place Reach with ODST or Wars.
It's the next Halo Shooter. End.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Zillah wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Reach is just a spin-off? In Devil May Cry 4, Nero was the protagonist, yet it wasn't a spin-off right.

Didn't Microsoft say:

''Reach is Halo 4 in all but the name.''
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Zillah wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Actually, if you played far enough into Devil May Cry 4, you would know that Dante is also the protagonist, and you actually play as him for the second half of the game.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

ummmm in MGS 2 you play as Raiden for most of the game and there's still a "2".

Just because Reach fits the description of a spinoff that doesn't make it one.

MGS 3 is a prequel to the whole MGS series and although it doesn't continue the series it adds to it and is a main entry just like Reach. I'd also like to add that even MS treated Reach as if it were a main entry
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:03 pm

gow wrote:ummmm in MGS 2 you play as Raiden for most of the game and there's still a "2".

MGS 3 is a prequel to the whole MGS series and although it doesn't continue the series it adds to it and is a main entry just like Reach. I'd also like to add that even MS treated Reach as if it were a main entry
MGS 2 and 3 are spin-offs.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:26 pm

TRF wrote:
Actually, if you played far enough into Devil May Cry 4, you would know that Dante is also the protagonist, and you actually play as him for the second half of the game.

Dude, GTFO. Lol. Trying to prove a point! Meh
Also, SPOILER: You play with Nero more than you do Dante, I beat it about 3-6 times.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Zillah wrote:
TRF wrote:

Dude, GTFO. Lol. Trying to prove a point! Meh
Also, SPOILER: You play with Nero more than you do Dante, I beat it about 3-6 times.

Dante is still the protagonist though. I beat that shit like 5 times and got all the achievements; which were ridiculous btw.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 am

TRF wrote:
gow wrote:ummmm in MGS 2 you play as Raiden for most of the game and there's still a "2".

what do you mean
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 am

TRF wrote:

No they're not. You're looking at the franchise the wrong. Just because they don't have Solid Snake as the lead character, doesn't mean it's a spin off. They are all part of the mains stream story line of the MGS universe.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next