Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it

4 posters

Go down

Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it Empty Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/2010/09/03/kinect-is-stupid-and-microsoft-should-kill-it/

A bit late to the party, we finally got to try out Microsoft’s ambitious hands-free controller, Kinect, and we pretty much think it’s awful. Albeit, the only game we managed to demo was Kinect Adventures, famously seen on Jimmy Fallon, the tech was what was most unimpressive. After flowing through a river of rapids, we started on part two, which was an on-rails token-collection mine cart minigame. After a slight technical hiccup (which was blamed on “hardware still in development”), we got rolling. Bluntly put, the game was gimmicky and stupid, and not at all beyond the tech that my QuickCam had six years ago.

While a lot of the boring experience could have been attributed to the software, the actual Kinect hardware was terribly unresponsive and laggy, something that we had not expected. Simply navigating menus proved to be inconvenient at best, and throughout the entirety of the demo, our movements were misread and sometimes ignored completely. Microsoft’s official position on the Kinect hiccups were stating that it’s is still in development, and doesn’t necessarily represent the final product. With only a few months before Kinect hits shelves, we’re calling BS.

Don’t get us wrong, we certainly understand that Microsoft isn’t necessarily marketing to the hardcore gaming crowd. That being said, when the tech is fundamentally flawed and the games (at least the ones we’ve played) are generic at best, even a sale to the casual crowd will be tough.

A bit harsh O_O!

Last edited by SlySonji™ on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it Empty Re: Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it

Post by gow Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:22 pm

I expect Kinect to get killed the moment MS realizes that every buys a wii instead
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it Empty Re: Kinect sucks and Microsoft should kill it

Post by BlackStigma Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:21 am

Can we get a link? Like you know, how the Admin tells us we're supposed to put.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:12 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Can we get a link? Like you know, how the Admin tells us we're supposed to put.

I found it on Reddit so I'll try to find it again.

Note: It isn't a big site, more like a medium sized one. So don't expect a link with IGN, 1UP, or Kotaku in the URL.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah, you do need to link your stuff. Remember that next time so you don't have to search through Reddit again to find things.

Anyways, I think whoever wrote this (if I had a link, I'd know) was being awfully generous to Kinect, but they display my thoughts exactly.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm

TRF wrote:Yeah, you do need to link your stuff. Remember that next time so you don't have to search through Reddit again to find things.

Anyways, I think whoever wrote this (if I had a link, I'd know) was being awfully generous to Kinect, but they display my thoughts exactly.

FOUND IT!

http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/2010/09/03/kinect-is-stupid-and-microsoft-should-kill-it/
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down