Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Medal of Honor" or "Crysis 2"?

+6
solidstudios
TRF
xxDEATH METALxx
SlySonji™
AnAsianKid
CyberpunkCentral
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Medal of Honor" or "Crysis 2"? Empty "Medal of Honor" or "Crysis 2"?

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

After watching some gameplay footage of "Metal of Honor", i have to say that i'm not too impressed with what i've seen. The game looks like "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" without vehicles really. I wasn't expecting the game to have vehicles, (even though it would be nice if it did) but so far from what i have seen, the gameplay doesn't bring anything new to the genre. But that doesn't stop me from purchasing the game.

The main reason why i want to buy "Medal of honor" is because i need a good online game that i can play with my PSN friends. However i might change my mind and just buy "Cyrisis 2" instead. Since the game is probably going to be different from the modern shooters out there. Plus the sci-fi/shooters genre appeals to me. I don't know? I haven't made my decision yet. It all depends on what both games will offer and the amount of people who's going to buy them.

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"Medal of Honor" or "Crysis 2"? Empty Re: "Medal of Honor" or "Crysis 2"?

Post by AnAsianKid Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 am

Well IDK are you really into the army shooter like genre?
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:57 am

AnAsianKid wrote:Well IDK are you really into the army shooter like genre?

If it has a good online multiplayer experience then the answer is yes.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:After watching some gameplay footage of "Metal of Honor", i have to say that i'm not too impressed with what i've seen. The game looks like "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" without vehicles really. I wasn't expecting the game to have vehicles, (even though it would be nice if it did) but so far from what i have seen, the gameplay doesn't bring anything new to the genre. But that doesn't stop me from purchasing the game.

The main reason why i want to buy "Medal of honor" is because i need a good online game that i can play with my PSN friends. However i might change my mind and just buy "Cyrisis 2" instead. Since the game is probably going to be different from the modern shooters out there. Plus the sci-fi/shooters genre appeals to me. I don't know? I haven't made my decision yet. It all depends on what both games will offer and the amount of people who's going to buy them.

Medal Of Honor is just like Battlefield because they're running on the same engine.

I for one am buying Crysis 2.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Im getting both. I never played a Medal Of Honour game before, and i have money so why not.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm buying Medal of Honor, renting Crysis 2.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:56 pm

i still don't know about Medal of Honor. I'm definitely getting Crysis 2 first
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Medal of Honour has never been about vehicles, infact Medal of Honour used to be about stealing uniforms and identity papers, and sneaking around with silenced pistols.

I'll be getting both anyway, but im not expecting much from Crysis 2, most people i talk to about the first game say it was pretty but boring. And the PS3 gets a special edition of Medal of Honour which includes a re-mastered version of Medal of Honour : Frontline, in my opinion the best MOH game.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:18 am

Crysis 2 will own the shit out of the game. Vastly superior graphics, vastly superior AI, bigger levels, and the gameplay is going to be shitloads better than on the original Crysis. Medal of Honor is nothing but BFBC2 but without vehicles and destructible environments.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 am

BlackStigma wrote:Crysis 2 will own the shit out of the game. Vastly superior graphics, vastly superior AI, bigger levels, and the gameplay is going to be shitloads better than on the original Crysis. Medal of Honor is nothing but BFBC2 but without vehicles and destructible environments.

But you haven't even played the beta to even judge it.
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 am

BlackStigma wrote:Crysis 2 will own the shit out of the game. Vastly superior graphics, vastly superior AI, bigger levels, and the gameplay is going to be shitloads better than on the original Crysis. Medal of Honor is nothing but BFBC2 but without vehicles and destructible environments.
Because you've obviously played the Beta. Scratching Head
But seriously, Crysis 2 might have all that, but I doubt it will be 10% as much fun.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Depends, if u get BFBC2, theres no point in getting MOH.

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:20 pm

WOW. Tahmidk, you really need go to the escapist and watch Zero Punctuation. Its not all about the multiplayer. Even in a shooter's case. If a game is great then it should be all around great, not just good in the multiplayer. So yes, if you have BFBC2, get MOH..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Actually MOH will have driveable vehicles like quadbikes and helicopters, im just sayin Wink
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Sonji wrote:WOW. Tahmidk, you really need go to the escapist and watch Zero Punctuation. Its not all about the multiplayer. Even in a shooter's case. If a game is great then it should be all around great, not just good in the multiplayer. So yes, if you have BFBC2, get MOH..
WOW. Sonji, i've seen every zero punctuation vid anyways multiplayer is a big part in shooters these days because most shooters have no replay value whatsoever or very shitty replay value. Also BFBC2 and MOH multiplayer are almost identical except MOH sucks dick and lags like fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Sonji wrote:WOW. Tahmidk, you really need go to the escapist and watch Zero Punctuation. Its not all about the multiplayer. Even in a shooter's case. If a game is great then it should be all around great, not just good in the multiplayer. So yes, if you have BFBC2, get MOH..
WOW. Sonji, i've seen every zero punctuation vid anyways multiplayer is a big part in shooters these days because most shooters have no replay value whatsoever or very shitty replay value. Also BFBC2 and MOH multiplayer are almost identical except MOH sucks dick and lags like fuck.

Did you mention it's a beta not a demo? Nice!
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

yeah but there so far in development i doubt much will change especially in the graphics department

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

tahmidk wrote:
yeah but there so far in development i doubt much will change especially in the graphics department[/quote]

OF COURSE they'll probably use the laggy servers for the official. Only makes sense.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:30 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

yeah but there so far in development i doubt much will change especially in the graphics department
You do realize this is an incredibly early beta and doesn't represent even close to the finished product, right?
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:33 pm

I say Crysis 2.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 pm

TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

You do realize this is an incredibly early beta and doesn't represent even close to the finished product, right?
wait but i thut the games coming out like in september? anyways i meant the graphics probably wont change that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

i believe the game comes out in October. they have 3 MONTHS to improve. i believe they can do alot in 3 months. oh yeah its a beta too Facepalm
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:04 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

wait but i thut the games coming out like in september? anyways i meant the graphics probably wont change that much.
The game comes out in October, but this beta was a pre-E3 build.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
Zillah wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

Its the same engine as BFBC2 Facepalm
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 am

Reaper wrote:

Actually MOH will have driveable vehicles like quadbikes and helicopters, im just sayin Wink

Oh, well the beta doesn't, so I kinda assumed it didn't. Non the less every one I know and people from youtube say it's just like Battlefield Bad Company, without destructible environments. And honestly, I thought BCBC2 was a steaming pile of shit.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next