Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness

+10
chobo500
Epzaos
Stoney
igame
Reaper
TheJubJub5721
Ezio Auditore
MEGAlan
CyberpunkCentral
SlySonji™
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness Empty PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm

A Bioware representative, Nathalie Edelmann posted lots of new information about what PS3 gamers has in store in terms of content. According to her, these new detials come from ME 2′s producer Casey Hudson:

* The game will have an interactive comic known as Dark Horse which will narrate the backstory of Mass Effect and allow the player to make decisions which will affect their playthrough during ME 2.
* The three previously released DLC “Kasumi: Stolen Memories”, “Overlord” and “hiding the Shadow Broker ‘ will be included in the blu-ray.
* A unique code will also come with the game which will allow you to access all the content released so far for ME 2.
* Most interestingly, a new mission which offers about 6 hours of playtime will be included in the PS3 version.

These details are really neat and it looks like PS3 fans are in for treat when the game releases next year.

* Share This

Last edited by SlySonji™ on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness Empty Re: PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

EA loves us =3
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness Empty Re: PS3 owners are in for some Mass Effect 2 goodness

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Title is misleading.

It's not the same experience, but it's amazing that Bioware has done something about the issue.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:52 pm

MEGAlan wrote:Title is misleading.

It's not the same experience, but it's amazing that Bioware has done something about the issue.

Edited the title.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezio Auditore Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game. Good for PS3 owners.
Ezio Auditore
Ezio Auditore
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Ezio Auditore wrote:Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game. Good for PS3 owners.

This. ME2 is an amazing game and deserves more sales.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

B-b-b-but i thought 360 owners bought their games? Silly
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Reaper wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

2 million copies were sold, I say it did well.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 pm

MEGAlan wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

"God of War III" sold more then that. And PS3 owners don't buy their games Silly
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:51 am

MEGAlan wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

According to XBR logic, thats a flop.

I say otherwise.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 am

sweet theres gonna be a lot of content added Very Happy and i got a code for ME2 inside my Dragon Age GOTY edition game
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Reaper wrote:
MEGAlan wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

According to MLD logic, thats a flop.

I say otherwise.

Fixed. Not everyone at XBR is retarded Silly
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm

NEW 6 HOUR MISSION MANGZ!
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:43 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:NEW 6 HOUR MISSION MANGZ!

I hope that mission is related to the introductory module, because if its exclusive Mass Effect 2 DLC, then Bioware will truly have fucked over the 2 million plus people who have played their ME on either 360 or PC.

There will be uproar, considering how story heavy Mass Effect is.

Last edited by Stoney on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Stoney wrote:

I hope that mission is related to the introductory module, because if its exclusive Mass Effect 2 DLC, then Bioware will truly have fucked over the people who have played their ME on either 360 or PC.

The introductory module is already there. Did you read it?

It will tell you the story and let you make decisions. It doesn't matter how story heavy Mass Effect is, the PS3 owners won't be lost.

Also, that 6 Hour mission is basically exclusive DLC.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:45 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

I hope that mission is related to the introductory module, because if its exclusive Mass Effect 2 DLC, then Bioware will truly have fucked over the people who have played their ME on either 360 or PC.

It will tell you the story and let you make decisions. It doesn't matter how story heavy Mass Effect is, the PS3 owners won't be lost.

And if it is exclusive that BS. Simple as that.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Why? Why would it be BS? You win some you lose some. All the companies do it.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:49 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

The Mass Effect fan base consists of 2 million plus 360 and PC players, yet Bioware think its OK to make exclusive DLC for the PS3. The same people that paid for DLC and have been loyal fans of the series since day 1. You don't think thats BS?
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 pm

You know what's even more bullshit? PS3 is probably going to be the lead console for "Mass Effect 3". But we all know that the best version is going to be on PC.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

The Mass Effect fan base consists of 2 million plus 360 and PC players, yet Bioware think its OK to make exclusive DLC for the PS3. The same people that paid for DLC and have been loyal fans of the series since day 1. You don't think thats BS?

Alright then, Devil May Cry 4 going over to the 360 was BS. They fucked over their entire fanbase. Not only that, the game was superior on the 360.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:06 pm

How is "Devil May Cry 4" better on Xbox 360? Scratching Head

Last time I checked both versions look the same.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Alright then, Devil May Cry 4 going over to the 360 was BS. They fucked over their entire fanbase. Not only that, the game was superior on the 360.

But there was no changes to the story. I'd understand that if they cut out a portion of the story and kept it exclusive to the 360 but besides performance issues they were exactly the same. You have to understand it from the perspective of someone who will be playing it on either 360 or PC. They're missing out on the a part of the story.

@ CPC, Yes performance wise Mass Effect 3 will probably be superior seen as EA are using the PS3 as their lead platform, but 360, PC users get the whole trilogy. Anyway, lets not turn this into a debate.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Stoney wrote:

But there was no changes to the story. I'd understand that if they cut out a portion of the story and kept it exclusive to the 360 but besides performance issues they were exactly the same. You have to understand it from the perspective of someone who will be playing it on either 360 or PC. They're missing out on the a part of the story.

@ CPC, Yes performance wise Mass Effect 3 will probably be superior seen as EA are using the PS3 as their lead platform, but 360, PC users get the whole trilogy. Anyway, lets not turn this into a debate.

So what you're saying is that games like AC:B are BS because the PS3 gets a world expansion/mission expansion which is relative to the story. 360 owners will not be able to experience that part of the story so it's BS.

Amirite or amirite or amirong
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Actually "Assassin's Creed" was ment to be a PS3 exclusive. But then it went multiplat probably due to the PS3's poor reputation at launch. So now PS3 is the lead console for the "Assassin's Creed" series.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 pm

http://www.gamezone.com/news/item/assassins_creed_brotherhood_gets_exclusive_playstation_3_content/

It's side mission about Copernicus. The main story is about Desmond Miles, this DLC is solely about Ezio. It's still a great bit of DLC but not relevant to the overall story, the impending 2012 doomsday prophecy. So it's not quite the same as Mass Effect.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next