Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comparison of Game engines PART 1

+5
TRF
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
Zillah
MEGAlan
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Comparison of Game engines PART 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Comparison of Game engines PART 1

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:05 am

gamer22 wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:I stand corrected.

It's still nothing special. No matter what labels you use. Even the recent videos showing damage look mediocre. In racing sims, cosmetic damage isn't their forte.

If you think GT5 is more colorful then I can't honestly debate further with you. Laughing No one said you couldn't prefer one's color pallete over another.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-head-tracking-underwhelming-but-damage-looking-beautiful/

Actually the damage system applied if very impressive. It's procedural based on angle and speed of the collision all calculated to real life performance. Now the level of difficulty will determine how performance will be effected. If you choose a level of expert driving than you're a crash driving at 100mph would render the vehicle completely useless and you lose the race. No way of being able to recover.

Ofcourse, that's mechanical damage. It affects driving performance. Just like in Forza 3.

I'm talking about visual/cosmetic damage. Which doesn't look that impressive. I mean I don't see GRID or Burnout developers talking about "real-time" damage in their games yet they have really good looking cosmetic damage. All cosmetic damage in racing games are pre-scripted polygon models.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3