Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comparison of Game engines PART 1

+5
TRF
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
Zillah
MEGAlan
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Comparison of Game engines PART 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Comparison of Game engines PART 1

Post by gow Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
gow wrote:Great Topic

GT5 obviously looks 100x better because it came out 1 year later. But lets be honest Alan_1994 Forza 4 won't be able to beat GT5. Also GT5 can everything in 3D with PSeye Head Tracking, with an amazing frame rate, 1080p resolution (I think it can do 3D and 1080p correct me if I'm wrong), and breathtaking wheather effects

Cool, a couple things wrong with that post though..

-I never said anything about Forza 4.

never said you did that was a statement lol

-GT5 doesn't look 100x better, but I know you were exagerrating.

obviously but it does look alot better

-GT5 is 3D capable, but it runs in sub-1080p and has to be upscaled to achieve full 1080p.

thank you for correcting me, just like ALL 360 "1080p games" Silly

-I read on GT planet that the head tracking is garbo..

really based off the video's that Ive seen it looks great

But on the topic of Forza 4....There was a huge improvement in graphics from Forza 2 to Forza 3. I'm not saying we can expect the same leap, but they never said they maxed out the X360 while Polyphony actually said that they completely drained the PS3's resources. I think Forza 4 will atleast be on par in a technical standpoint...but both games have their signature artstyles and looks. Forza tends to look more colorful and crisp, GT tends to look more authentic. We will see next year what Turn 10 has to offer, but for now lets hold the speculation.

how is forza 3 more colorful than Gt5 I just saw 2 to 3 vids of GT5 and its alot more colorful than Forza 3 (base off of the demo that Ive played and videos that I have seen

Last edited by gow on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Comparison of Game engines PART 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Comparison of Game engines PART 1

Post by gow Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:49 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:I highly doubt "Forza Motorsport 4" will look up to par with "Gran Turismo 5" in terms of graphics. But I will say that it is possible for "Forza Motorsport 4" to look better then the previous titles on Xbox 360.

why do you do that? you realise you can just write Forza 4 or GT5 and we'll know what you're talking about

Last edited by gow on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:50 pm

On the topic of Forza and such, wasn't the team behind PGR purchased by Activision? Does that mean that the next game in the series will possibly go multiplatform? Or does Microsoft own it?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 pm

gow wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:I highly doubt "Forza Motorsport 4" will look up to par with "Gran Turismo 5" in terms of graphics. But I will say that it is possible for "Forza Motorsport 4" to look better then the previous titles on Xbox 360.

why do you do that? you realise you can just write Forza 4 or GT5 and we'll know what you're talking about

Because it's the proper way of doing it Smile
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:54 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:On the topic of Forza and such, wasn't the team behind PGR purchased by Activision? Does that mean that the next game in the series will possibly go multiplatform? Or does Microsoft own it?

the team was bought but MS owns the IP I'm also pretty sure that Turn 10 is making PGR5
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:54 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:On the topic of Forza and such, wasn't the team behind PGR purchased by Activision? Does that mean that the next game in the series will possibly go multiplatform? Or does Microsoft own it?

Microsoft owns the PGR IP.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:

Ah. I've never played any of them and I've had quite the interest to do so lately.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 pm

gow wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

GT5 obviously looks 100x better because it came out 1 year later. But lets be honest Alan_1994 Forza 4 won't be able to beat GT5. Also GT5 can everything in 3D with PSeye Head Tracking, with an amazing frame rate, 1080p resolution (I think it can do 3D and 1080p correct me if I'm wrong), and breathtaking wheather effects

-GT5 is 3D capable, but it runs in sub-1080p and has to be upscaled to achieve full 1080p.

But on the topic of Forza 4....There was a huge improvement in graphics from Forza 2 to Forza 3. I'm not saying we can expect the same leap, but they never said they maxed out the X360 while Polyphony actually said that they completely drained the PS3's resources. I think Forza 4 will atleast be on par in a technical standpoint...but both games have their signature artstyles and looks. Forza tends to look more colorful and crisp, GT tends to look more authentic. We will see next year what Turn 10 has to offer, but for now lets hold the speculation.

how is forza 3 more colorful than Gt5 I just saw 2 to 3 vids of GT5 and its alot more colorful than Forza 3 (base off of the demo that Ive played and videos that I have seen

It is more colorful than GT5 (demos). You can't seriously base the graphics of the full GT5 on largely off-screen videos with some trailers that used photomode asset which enhances lighting and colors.

You also can't base how head-tracking works off of a video. A feature like that can't be observed. That's like trying to observe how well GT5's 3D mode is based on off-screen videos.

This is not me trying to be a fanboy or trying to be negative. It's an honest observation when I say that Forza seems more colorful especially in it's enviroments and track detail. Some people think this makes Forza look "cartoony" but others think it makes Forza look more "alive".

GT5's tech is ahead of Forza 3, but not as much as you think. Just add GT5's lighting and anti-aliasing and they could be pretty comparable. This is why I'm confident Forza 4 vs GT5 shall be a very interesting comparison.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Ah. I've never played any of them and I've had quite the interest to do so lately.

If you like racing games then you will love PGR...and now a days ANY PGR game is dirt cheap.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:04 pm

It's not fair to compare a full game to a demo.

I doubt that "Forza Motorsport 4" will even change much from the third game. But hey that's just my opinon.

Also stop double posting.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:11 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:It's not fair to compare a full game to a demo.

I doubt that "Forza Motorsport 4" will even change much from the third game. But hey that's just my opinon.

Also stop double posting.

I double posted once, cry me a river, and only because each of the posts were about a completely different matter..

You can argue it's not fair to compare a game with 5 years of development time to a game with 2 years of development time.

You can argue it's not fair to compare a game that's a year older than the other.

You can say many things is not fair. I'm comparing game engines based on knowledge we know so far about the GT5 engine and the Forza 3 engine. When I was comparing car models, I was using what the developers had said about each version.

I will do a GT5 vs Forza 4 comparison too next year maybe.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
gow wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

It is more colorful than GT5 (demos). You can't seriously base the graphics of the full GT5 on largely off-screen videos with some trailers that used photomode asset which enhances lighting and colors.

You also can't base how head-tracking works off of a video. A feature like that can't be observed. That's like trying to observe how well GT5's 3D mode is based on off-screen videos.

This is not me trying to be a fanboy or trying to be negative. It's an honest observation when I say that Forza seems more colorful especially in it's enviroments and track detail. Some people think this makes Forza look "cartoony" but others think it makes Forza look more "alive".

GT5's tech is ahead of Forza 3, but not as much as you think. Just add GT5's lighting and anti-aliasing and they could be pretty comparable. This is why I'm confident Forza 4 vs GT5 shall be a very interesting comparison.

Personally, I think that Forza 3 went for the much more cartoony look and GT5 went for the 'realism' look. I mean, have you seen how saturated those Forza 3 cars are?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
gow wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Personally, I think that Forza 3 went for the much more cartoony look and GT5 went for the 'realism' look. I mean, have you seen how saturated those Forza 3 cars are?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 pm

SlySonji™️ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
gow wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Some people like that look...And quite frankly on some of the fictional tracks it looks gorgeous.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
gow wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:

Some people like that look...And quite frankly on some of the fictional tracks it looks gorgeous.

Did I say otherwise? I agree, Forza 3 looks great, but it did go for the more cartoony look.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:22 pm

It is more colorful than GT5 (demos). You can't seriously base the graphics of the full GT5 on largely off-screen videos
with some trailers that used photomode asset which enhances lighting and colors.

it wasn't based off of a trailer it was a recent video that I saw in IGN

lol not exactly to judge the 3D you actually have to be there the vid that I looked at was bascially this: where ever his head went the camera did

This is not me trying to be a fanboy or trying to be negative. It's an honest observation when I say that Forza seems more colorful especially in it's enviroments and track detail. Some people think this makes Forza look "cartoony" but others think it makes Forza looks more "alive".

its more of an opinion than an observation IMO (see what did there Laughing)

how is it not that much ahead GT5 looks better than Forza 3 in every possible way Track detail is arguable when Gt5 comes out. But think about it. Playing a racing sim sub 1080p or 720p, in 3D, in 60FPS, with realtime damage, and breathtaking whether affects, with the lighting GT5 has. Can Forza 3 do half of the 6 things at once? Thats why I consider Gt5's tech alot better than Forza 3's.

I own a xbox 360 by the way if were thinking that I don't Very Happy

Last edited by gow on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Woah.

GT5 doesn't have "real time damage". That's BS. It's largely prescripted, and 800 of the cars won't even have much cosmetic damage.

Besides, the damage in both games suck. That's why I didn't really include it in the comparison.

Saying that one looks more colorful is more of an observation. Saying which one you think looks better with/without the extra saturation is an opinion.

Again, I don't know about head-tracking...I just read an article saying it wasn't going to be that great. I sure hope it's great.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Who cares about the "Gran Truismo 5" demos? The full version of the game will be release next month.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:Woah.

GT5 doesn't have "real time damage". That's BS. It's largely prescripted, and 800 of the cars won't even have much cosmetic damage.

Besides, the damage in both games suck. That's why I didn't really include it in the comparison. t

Saying that one looks more colorful is more of an observation. Saying which one you think looks better with/without the extra saturation is an opinion.

Again, I don't know about head-tracking...I just read an article saying it wasn't going to be that great. I sure hope it's great.

ummmmmmm yes it does http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo-5-real-time-damage-is-phenomenal

well my observation is that GT5 is more colorful then Forza 3

don't worry its great................. can you give me a link of that article if you can find it again
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 am

I stand corrected.

It's still nothing special. No matter what labels you use. Even the recent videos showing damage look mediocre. In racing sims, cosmetic damage isn't their forte.

If you think GT5 is more colorful then I can't honestly debate further with you. Laughing No one said you couldn't prefer one's color pallete over another.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-head-tracking-underwhelming-but-damage-looking-beautiful/
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:21 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:Like what? The debate table? This thread actually holds some facts unlike yours which are just ''FIREVER GT5 BITTERZ''

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/debate-table-f18/will-forza-motorsport-4-be-surperior-then-gran-turismo-5-t2136.htm

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/debate-table-f18/fall-battle-release-t2105.htm

14 people agreed with me in that thread.

''FIREVERS!''

All I'm saying is, don't hate on Alan's thread just because his has facts to back it up.

Who saids I was hating on Alan's thread? I just simple don't see the point of it that's all.
I don't see why your complaining about this thread when you enjoy posting youtube videos of fanboys that don't even belong to this site.

At the very least this thread has some useful information about engine performance for people who want to see the technical aspect of these games. You post "hey guys this guy said PS3 sucks, what an a-hole".

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:27 am

gamer22 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:Like what? The debate table? This thread actually holds some facts unlike yours which are just ''FIREVER GT5 BITTERZ''

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/debate-table-f18/will-forza-motorsport-4-be-surperior-then-gran-turismo-5-t2136.htm

''FIREVERS!''

All I'm saying is, don't hate on Alan's thread just because his has facts to back it up.

Who saids I was hating on Alan's thread? I just simple don't see the point of it that's all.
I don't see why your complaining about this thread when you enjoy posting youtube videos of fanboys that don't even belong to this site.

At the very least this thread has some useful information about engine performance for people who want to see the technical aspect of these games. You post "hey guys this guy said PS3 sucks, what an a-hole".

Facepalm

Yeah, in the Fanboy section.

That's what it's there for -_-
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 am

Alan_1994 wrote:I stand corrected.

It's still nothing special. No matter what labels you use. Even the recent videos showing damage look mediocre. In racing sims, cosmetic damage isn't their forte.

If you think GT5 is more colorful then I can't honestly debate further with you. Laughing No one said you couldn't prefer one's color pallete over another.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-head-tracking-underwhelming-but-damage-looking-beautiful/

Actually the damage system applied if very impressive. It's procedural based on angle and speed of the collision all calculated to real life performance. Now the level of difficulty will determine how performance will be effected. If you choose a level of expert driving than you're a crash driving at 100mph would render the vehicle completely useless and you lose the race. No way of being able to recover.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:30 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:Like what? The debate table? This thread actually holds some facts unlike yours which are just ''FIREVER GT5 BITTERZ''

''FIREVERS!''

Facepalm

And this is in the general gaming section. And it's quite a refreshing topic so why try and ruin it by complaining about it?

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:34 am

gamer22 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:

''FIREVERS!''

Facepalm

And this is in the general gaming section. And it's quite a refreshing topic so why try and ruin it by complaining about it?

I didn't mean to complain. Perhaps I expressed my opinons the wrong way. Who knows?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next