Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Saids PS3 Owners Only Care About Exclusives?

+15
BlackStigma
gow
adro
CernaML
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
SlySonji™
TRF
chobo500
Epzaos
Franko
Y.Master
Teckno
Reaper
CyberpunkCentral
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who Saids PS3 Owners Only Care About Exclusives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Saids PS3 Owners Only Care About Exclusives?

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 am

adro wrote:euh guys "platinum games" didn't make the port it was sega (one of it's studios) that did it.

And what about the fact that Platinum Games was too lazy to even think about patching it?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Who Saids PS3 Owners Only Care About Exclusives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Saids PS3 Owners Only Care About Exclusives?

Post by gow Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 am

the sales for the 360 version of Bayonetta would actually be lower if MS didn't bundle the game so much in Japan
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am

gow wrote:the sales for the 360 version of Bayonetta would actually be lower if MS didn't bundle the game so much in Japan

Now that you mention it that is why the PS3 version sold better. Cause there's like 4 times as many PS3 owners in Japan as 360 owners. It sold better in NA, although it was beat by a little in everywhere else.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 am

BlackStigma wrote:
gow wrote:the sales for the 360 version of Bayonetta would actually be lower if MS didn't bundle the game so much in Japan

Now that you mention it that is why the PS3 version sold better. Cause there's like 4 times as many PS3 owners in Japan as 360 owners. It sold better in NA, although it was beat by a little in everywhere else.

You mean just like nearly every other game? Not to mention this is happening to the PS3 itself.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You mean just like nearly every other game? Not to mention this is happening to the PS3 itself.

Yeah you're right.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 am

BlackStigma wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah you're right.

It's quite strange really..

It happens everywhere.. except for North America.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah you're right.

Makes since to me, US buys an American Console. US accounts for 9/10 of NA sales. Japs want a Japanese console, most of the world hates the US.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:04 am

BlackStigma wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah you're right.

Makes since to me, US buys an American Console. US accounts for 9/10 of NA sales. Japs want a Japanese console, most of the world hates the US.

Lol..

That made some of my day..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 am

chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:Bayonetta...lol

I know right....absolute joke of a port. No excuse for being so sloppy.

Very true. There is no reason a dev should be that lazy to make the game such a horrible port.

I'm still shocked that despite this, people still bought the PS3 version over the 360 version..

I know. I wouldn't have bought such a shitty port. Wouldn't be worth it.
Yeah, it's a shitty port, but that doesn't make the PS3 version a shitty game.

Well ofcourse its not a shitty game. But knowing the devs could fix it but choose not to makes me not want to buy it. I wouldn't want to give my money to a dev like that anyway.

I think a lot of the frame rate and loading issues have been fixed with patches, but the 360 version is still the better version over all.

Patched by Sony though, not the actual devs. Sony had to fix the devs laziness.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Very true. There is no reason a dev should be that lazy to make the game such a horrible port.

I'm still shocked that despite this, people still bought the PS3 version over the 360 version..

Well ofcourse its not a shitty game. But knowing the devs could fix it but choose not to makes me not want to buy it. I wouldn't want to give my money to a dev like that anyway.

I think a lot of the frame rate and loading issues have been fixed with patches, but the 360 version is still the better version over all.

Regardless of who did it, it has been done. It's unfortunate that such a good developer was too lazy to fix their game or even port it properly, but it happens all the time. Hell, Valve did it with The Orange Box for PS3.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:44 am

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

Regardless of who did it, it has been done. It's unfortunate that such a good developer was too lazy to fix their game or even port it properly, but it happens all the time. Hell, Valve did it with The Orange Box for PS3.

But the Orange Box wasn't that bad, I personally didn't have any problems with it. And that would be EA, not Valve.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 pm

This is probably why we've seen a shift in support to the PS3 lately.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm pretty sure that the PS3 is the lead development for almost every EA and Ubisoft game.
The only genre's that sell better on the 360 are western RPG's (Fallout,Oblivion) and Shooters (MW2,BFBC2,K&L2) Go figure lol
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 pm

gow wrote:I'm pretty sure that the PS3 is the lead development for almost every EA and Ubisoft game.

Thats why PS3 has Splinter Cell Conviction?
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

That's why he said almost?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

But the Orange Box wasn't that bad, I personally didn't have any problems with it. And that would be EA, not Valve.
Valve was too lazy to make a PS3 version so they let EA do a half-assed job. That's my point.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:That's why he said almost?

lol QFT
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 pm

TRF wrote:Valve was too lazy to make a PS3 version so they let EA do a half-assed job. That's my point.

Thats not Valve's fault though. They weren't too lazy, they didn't want to develop on the PS3, they have said that.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:Valve was too lazy to make a PS3 version so they let EA do a half-assed job. That's my point.

Thats not Valve's fault though. They weren't too lazy, they didn't want to develop on the PS3, they have said that.
Then they shouldn't have made it on PS3. Fine, if they didn't want to work on the PS3, then they didn't have to, but they didn't have to let someone else release a half-assed product. In that situation, they're just as bad as Platinum Games was with Bayonetta.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:40 am

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Then they shouldn't have made it on PS3. Fine, if they didn't want to work on the PS3, then they didn't have to, but they didn't have to let someone else release a half-assed product. In that situation, they're just as bad as Platinum Games was with Bayonetta.

I thought it was like with ME2, where EA owned the rights to put it on any console and Valve didn't have a say. Maybe I was wrong then.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:51 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Reaper wrote:

You act as if every PS3 owner owns a 360?

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 am

I agree with TRF, i'd rather Valve stuck to their guns and didnt make The Orange Box on PS3 instead of getting somebody else to do a piss poor version of it.

All developers should take pride in their work, no excuses. Whatever happend to Quality Assurance these days?
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am

Reaper wrote:I agree with TRF, i'd rather Valve stuck to their guns and didnt make The Orange Box on PS3 instead of getting somebody else to do a piss poor version of it.

All developers should take pride in their work, no excuses. Whatever happend to Quality Assurance these days?

Quality Assurance is a thing of the past, just like good customer service, or talking to a REAL person over the phone when you have a problem with their product.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 pm

"Vanquish" sold more on PS3 then the Xbox 360 version. Which isn't surprising considering that it was developed by Shinji Mikami.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Teh sales man.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next