Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough

+7
gamer22
Pizzy3C
Epzaos
NoelX2
TRF
TheJubJub5721
CyberpunkCentral
11 posters

Go down

Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough Empty Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 pm

"Call of Halo: Future Warfare"

For more than the first half of Microsoft's foray into the videogame world, players looked on with interest for years as they waited for the next Halo game to materialize. Recently, with the releases of Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach, that wait has been reduced to 12 months or less. Expect that trend of short waits to continue, though perhaps not necessarily on an annualized pace.

Corporate Vice President for Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer told IGN that, "There's no explicit strategy that says we're to ship a Halo game every year. I will say I think one Halo game every three years -- which was kind of our old cadence – is probably not frequent enough."

Spencer noted the long life of the Halo franchise and pointed out that leaving such large gaps in between releases can be detrimental to audience engagement.

"We're coming up on, what, next year is the 10th anniversary. You watch the change in gamers in 10 years. The percentage of players are playing Reach that were I'll say not old enough to play Halo 1 at the time, 10 years is a long time between launches. We definitely think about a more persistent Halo engagement for customers and not going dark for two years, and Live helps obviously with multiplayer to keep people engaged."

"343 Industries is thinking a lot about how to take this franchise and turn it into something that people feel like they have an ongoing relationship with and they can entertain themselves more often. But it's not, hey every November 6 or whatever we have to ship a game and build a production plan around that. We want to do things that make sense as a first party."

Asked if Microsoft took cues from the success Activision has had with its annualized Call of Duty franchise, Spencer had high praise for the mega-publisher.

"I'll just, again, be honest as a gamer. I used to look at annual releases of non-sports games as people just trying to milk me. I figured nobody had enough time to do a good job, and all of the negatives that we would associate with those kinds of scenarios. Kudos to Activision because they've done a good job building a good game, continuing to release each year and I think the fans feel like it's a good thing that they do that. I think there are some things to learn, some positives and some opportunities, in what they do with that. Obviously they've kept the quality extremely high, which I think is important."

"We have some unique challenges and opportunities with Halo because it is a story based game built around a certain set of characters, which is a bit different than what they do with Call of Duty. Not better or worse, it's just different. But watching them and seeing what they do -- we take inspiration from a lot of places -- but obviously they're a big success."

If Microsoft annualized the Halo franchise, would you continue to buy each release? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.

Source: IGN
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough Empty Re: Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Come on MS!!! Dont pull an Activision and make the game have a deadline every so often! GOD DAMMIT! THEY ARE GOING TO RUIN HALO
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough Empty Re: Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough

Post by TRF Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Please don't do this! Three years is fine! People played Halo 3 from it's launch all the way up to Reach's release date. I know I was still playing it two years after I got it.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:46 am

Seriously? The Halo series will fuckin suck.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 am

Microsoft: One "Halo" Game Every Three Years Not Frequent Enough 2dtc4sm
Come on Microsoft, do you want to become like Activision by milking the cow?Mad
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am

Now it starts to make sense why Bunjie left their cash cow...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 pm

The halo franchise is already destined to be ruined. Bungie is done with it. 343 has taken over the project and I guarantee they don't want to be known as Bungie Lite.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:15 pm

I feel sorry for the cow...
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm

This news can be considered bad new or good news.Its bad news if MS fuck up the franchise by making each game lower quality.Its good news if they can keep the quality.

You cant say either one will happen until the games come out.Its very possible that MS will task some of their first party devs(not just 343) to make Halo games.So it could work

But it is also possible that MS can fuck up the franchise.

We just have to wait and see.Its stupid to make assumptions before the games are even announced(like 343 will suck ect)
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:13 pm

HellJumper wrote:This news can be considered bad new or good news.Its bad news if MS fuck up the franchise by making each game lower quality.Its good news if they can keep the quality.

You cant say either one will happen until the games come out.Its very possible that MS will task some of their first party devs(not just 343) to make Halo games.So it could work

We just have to wait and see.Its stupid to make assumptions before the games are even announced(like 343 will suck ect)

We can safely assume the quality will go down for the time frame whoever develops Halo now will be 1 year as apposed to the 3 years Bungie got... Being one of M$ few hardcore exclusives left I don't think, or hope, they'll ruin this franchise... I think if u own a 360 or not we can all agree that we don't want to see this groundbreaking series die...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:This news can be considered bad new or good news.Its bad news if MS fuck up the franchise by making each game lower quality.Its good news if they can keep the quality.

i agree with you on some of that.

however, stupid assumptions? Assumptions = Assumptions. They're just predictions.
Not stupid.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 am

Pizzy3C wrote:

We can safely assume the quality will go down for the time frame whoever develops Halo now will be 1 year as apposed to the 3 years Bungie got... Being one of M$ few hardcore exclusives left I don't think, or hope, they'll ruin this franchise... I think if u own a 360 or not we can all agree that we don't want to see this groundbreaking series die...

Yeah, and just look at CoD. Cod4 was great, CoD5 was good, MW2 was just garbage. They are getting worse. I can see this happening if they do one halo every year.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Yeah, and just look at CoD. Cod4 was great, CoD5 was good, MW2 was just garbage. They are getting worse. I can see this happening if they do one halo every year.

Opinion. Everyone around the globe didn't say MW2 SUX!
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 am

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You're right. Every sane person said it did.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:45 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

So the MILLIONS of MW2 owners aren't sane? Or the members on this forum?!
Demoted.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 am

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

So the MILLIONS of MW2 owners aren't sane? Or the members on this forum?!
Demoted.

That's right. Anyone who calls MW2 a 'good game' deserves to have their console stripped from their hands. It's as bad as a crime to the gaming world as calling Pong a piece of utter shit.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:54 am

Oh, so moving a stick up and down, and hitting a fake ball is ok?

Get Tactical Nukes is the devil?
I hope someone pisses in your IV when you're a old man. lmfao.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 am

Zillah wrote:Oh, so moving a stick up and down, and hitting a fake ball is ok?

Think about it this way. Without Pong, you wouldn't have the 'God' that you call MW2.

Also, Pong is an amazing game.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 am

I'm pretty sure everyone already knows everyones thoughts on mw2 and why they feel they way they feel about it, no need to turn this into another debate about whether the games good or not...

@Jub I agree completely and is the reason I assume a Halo every year will damage the game...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Hitting the fake ball takes more talent that getting a tac nuke in MW2....

@Pizzy thats why I hope they don't!
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

And that's where you're wrong. Unless you're boosting, Tactical Nukes are hard, even for campers. (UNLESS, the other team is shit ass suck material and can't kill a guy when they know where he's at.) Then it's their fault.

So just because a game takes more skill makes it better?
Now, I can bet my 100 dollars to 1 dollar, that you said a game isn't better because it's challenging in the chatbox? Huh.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

And that's where you're wrong. Unless you're boosting, Tactical Nukes are hard, even for campers. (UNLESS, the other team is shit ass suck material and can't kill a guy when they know where he's at.) Then it's their fault.

Now, I can bet my 100 dollars to 1 dollar, that you said a game isn't better because it's challenging in the chatbox? Huh.

When did I say that in the chatbox? And thats not what I was getting at. Im saying that MW2 is a casual piece of shit. And tac nukes are not hard to get unless you suck.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

When did I say that in the chatbox? And thats not what I was getting at. Im saying that MW2 is a casual piece of shit. And tac nukes are not hard to get unless you suck.

Example my bro CMAC has 426, yes he counts every time he gets 1, and he usually roles w/ 5/7/9 killstreaks... The worst player on my friends list has 300 sumtin and he's frkn terrible...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down