Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

+16
gow
Pizzy3C
Teckno
CyberpunkCentral
Epzaos
TheJubJub5721
nextgen4life
xxDEATH METALxx
Angelus the Wraith
SlySonji™
gamer22
TRF
Stoney
Zillah
solidstudios
yonny616
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

Post by TRF Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:40 am

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gow wrote:Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3 with out doubt I'm etismating about 1 million copies sold within the first 2 months. As TRF has said the whole Mass Effect experience will be better on the 360 and PC but just mass effect 2 will be better on the PS3

I can barely see it reaching 1 million lifetime, because without the first I doubt it will sell well.
Elder Scrolls IV sold over a million with a fraction of the fanbase back in 2007. Keep in mind that was the first entry to the franchise. There were three Elder Scrolls games made.

Fallout 3 did extremely well on 360 and PS3 yet the first two games were only on PC. A good game is a good game. Mass Effect 2 is a great game. And you can bet the bank Sony is going to advertise the hell out of this game with Kevin Butler.
While I don't disagree with you, keep in mind that The Elder Scrolls IV and Fallout 3 are not story-heavy games.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

Post by gamer22 Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 pm

ŦЯӺ wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gow wrote:Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3 with out doubt I'm etismating about 1 million copies sold within the first 2 months. As TRF has said the whole Mass Effect experience will be better on the 360 and PC but just mass effect 2 will be better on the PS3

I can barely see it reaching 1 million lifetime, because without the first I doubt it will sell well.
Elder Scrolls IV sold over a million with a fraction of the fanbase back in 2007. Keep in mind that was the first entry to the franchise. There were three Elder Scrolls games made.

Fallout 3 did extremely well on 360 and PS3 yet the first two games were only on PC. A good game is a good game. Mass Effect 2 is a great game. And you can bet the bank Sony is going to advertise the hell out of this game with Kevin Butler.
While I don't disagree with you, keep in mind that The Elder Scrolls IV and Fallout 3 are not story-heavy games.

Now this is the conundrum you entered. How would you know if they are or aren't story based games until you played them? by default most RPGs are very story based. Again the only people that are complaining about the whole "you need to play ME1 to enjoy ME2" are those that actually have played ME1 and ME2. To those that haven't played any, it's irrelevant. The bottom line, ME2 has received huge praise for many review outlets and it's one of the best games to be released this year. That alone will make ME2 on PS3 successful.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Im happy ME2 is coming to the Ps3, but i doubt it will sell good, because every Ps3 owner who really wanted to play ME already got it for his Pc... i personaly know examples for this.
Still cool though, because sales mean shit for me, the companys should be the only ones who care about them.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Gutzahn wrote:Im happy ME2 is coming to the Ps3, but i doubt it will sell good, because every Ps3 owner who really wanted to play ME already got it for his Pc... i personaly know examples for this.
Still cool though, because sales mean shit for me, the companys should be the only ones who care about them.
If that were the case, then no one would be excited for this, right?
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 pm

ŦЯӺ wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:Im happy ME2 is coming to the Ps3, but i doubt it will sell good, because every Ps3 owner who really wanted to play ME already got it for his Pc... i personaly know examples for this.
If that were the case, then no one would be excited for this, right?
well i dont know anyone who is excited about this :/
Which does not mean, that i dont apreciate the fact .that a grat game like ME is coming to the Ps3, thats awesome, but i just dont think it will sell very well.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:02 am

Those same owners could of bought Oblivion for PC as well yet it went to sell over a million copies. IMO the whole "I can play it on pc" is more of an ideology that PS3 owners use rather than actually put in practice. I don't think even half the PS3 fanbase (or 360 fanbase) have a gaming PC.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:14 am

gamer22 wrote:

Those same owners could of bought Oblivion for PC as well yet it went to sell over a million copies. IMO the whole "I can play it on pc" is more of an ideology that PS3 owners use rather than actually put in practice. I don't think even half the PS3 fanbase (or 360 fanbase) have a gaming PC.
Exactly. If everyone had PCs, then this announcement would not be as big a deal as it is.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 am

Zillah wrote:

2months? In fucking fairy world.
I wouldn't go as far to say lifetime. PS3 games have been out selling 360 games as of this year. So I don't see any slowing down.

Because there was no killer-game for the 360 in this year so far. Halo reach might sell as good as all Playstation exclusives this year combined...
I prefer the Ps3 obviously, but i can accept the fact ,that 360 games sell more units.
Because the quality of a company/game means shit, as long as another company/game has more advertising. Kratos (Not saying Halo Reach will be bad, in fact i will play through the whole campaign with a friend because i like it.)

So back to topic: Again, i dont bash the Mass Effect version for the Ps3, i just dont think it will sell quite as well as the 360 version. Which does obviously not change the high quality of the title.
Thats just prediction, so of course i can be wrong.

Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:
gamer22 wrote:

Exactly. If everyone had PCs, then this announcement would not be as big a deal as it is.
Yes it's definitely more of an ideology. What should be expressed is not "I can play it on PC" but more of "I don't need a 360 to play it if I wanted to play it".

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The Elder Scrolls IV and Fallout 3 aren't realy sequels to the others, they just have the same name.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Fallout is based around the same timeline though
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:48 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The Elder Scrolls IV and Fallout 3 aren't realy sequels to the others, they just have the same name.
Just like Final Fantasy games??
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

It's a little different. The Fallout and TES games all reside within the same universe, but the Final Fantasy games all contain different universes, with a few exceptions like FFX-2, or Crisis Core: FFVII.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Never played FF enough to know.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

yeah they are. They are all part of the same universe. Or are you trying to say that you don't need to play ES1,2 and 3 nor do you have to play Fallout 1 and 2 to enjoy ESIV and FO3 cause in their own right they are great games despite the fact you're missing so much back story to those games?

Hmmm sounds familiar Wink

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

yeah they are. They are all part of the same universe. Or are you trying to say that you don't need to play ES1,2 and 3 nor do you have to play Fallout 1 and 2 to enjoy ESIV and FO3 cause in their own right they are great games despite the fact you're missing so much back story to those games?

Ok, I will rephrase it. You dont need to play TES3 to know the TESIV story, same with Fallout.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:00 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

Ok, I will rephrase it. You dont need to play TES3 to know the TESIV story, same with Fallout.
Same with ME2.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:02 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

Same with ME2.

The amount of own you put into that single post is unbearable.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:19 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

Same with ME2.

*sigh* You will never get it.... ME is a story driven series. ME2 is a direct story sequal. TES3's story does not continue into TESIV
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:37 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

whaaaa? Scratching Head

Same with ME2.
There's a difference. TES and Fallout both involve new characters in every game, with nothing more than a few references to past titles. Mass Effect 2 carries over characters, relationships, etc. into the second game. No, it isn't absolutely necessary to play the first game, but it helps immensely.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:50 pm

But I don't need to play it to know it.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 am

SlySonji™ wrote:But I don't need to play it to know it.

If you didnt look up the story or hear about it any where, yes you would have to play the first to completely understand the second.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:But I don't need to play it to know it.

If you didnt look up the story or hear about it any where, yes you would have to play the first to completely understand the second.

That's what BioWare said Laughing
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:03 am

SlySonji™️ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

For the PS3 version? Yeah they will probably have a cutscene explaining it... Playing the game > cutscene
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:07 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™️ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

For the PS3 version? Yeah they will probably have a cutscene explaining it... Playing the game > cutscene

That isn't what you said though.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next