Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

+16
gow
Pizzy3C
Teckno
CyberpunkCentral
Epzaos
TheJubJub5721
nextgen4life
xxDEATH METALxx
Angelus the Wraith
SlySonji™
gamer22
TRF
Stoney
Zillah
solidstudios
yonny616
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

Post by Epzaos Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:01 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Angelus the Wraith wrote:Why would someone who never played Mass Effect want to import a character they never created?

Why would someone want to play a sequel when they never played the first?
Because that someone might got interested in the series when the Second game was released and couldn't find the first game.
I was that someone.

Although i ordered the first game yesterday and now i'm waiting for it to come.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Mass Effect 2 on PS3 need Mass Effect 1 to be a success

Post by Zillah Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:Can you play a game for the story?

No. I play a game for Fun/it's a hobby. I don't wanna play a video game for story.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Zillah wrote:

No. I play a game for Fun/it's a hobby. I don't wanna play a video game for story.

Isn't playing video games everyone's hobby? That's like saying reading a books isn't a hobby because i like the story Facepalm
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:23 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Isn't playing video games everyone's hobby? That's like saying going to the movies isn't a hobby because we enjoy the story Facepalm
I said that cause some of them are taking this past just video games.
Besides, what are books made for? GENERALLY.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Zillah wrote:

So if you go see a movie you watch it for action, and dont pay any attention to the story? Stick to FPS's then, RPG's are made for the story.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:18 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

So if you go see a movie you watch it for action, and dont pay any attention to the story? Stick to FPS's then, RPG's are made for the story.

The story is still recognized.
Everyone, put your hands together for............ Negated session!

Contestant 1, what does the term, Rpg, stand for? The catch is, I want you to facedesk in shame! Nice!
Also, I play Fps's/fighter's a lot, cause I don't give 2 shits about story value. I can recognize a good story though [me2].
But, i'm still a gamer, I play all genres. Games are games.
If a game's story is taking over the actual game, then it's not a game in my book
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

The story is still recognized.
Everyone, put your hands together for............ Negated session!

Contestant 1, what does the term, Rpg, stand for? The catch is, I want you to facedesk in shame! Nice!
Also, I play Fps's/fighter's a lot, cause I don't give 2 shits about story value. I can recognize a good story though [me2].
But, i'm still a gamer, I play all genres. Games are games.
If a game's story is taking over the actual game, then it's not a game in my book

Thats a bit ignorant Zillah. When you get older you will appreciate games alot more for their story i.e Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid. Silly
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Zillah wrote:

If everything is about the fun then the Wii (Which you say you can't compare to the 360 and PS3) is a viable contender.
It's all about the fun. Amirite?
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't see what's wrong with the way Zillah plays a game. So maybe he just isn't interested in video game stories. So what? He gets his stories elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. While I do think it's his loss, there's nothing wrong with ignoring the story.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:I don't see what's wrong with the way Zillah plays a game. So maybe he just isn't interested in video game stories. So what? He gets his stories elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. While I do think it's his loss, there's nothing wrong with ignoring the story.

Thanks!
no one understands, I'm not "dissing" anyone who does but that's my personal take on it and I know i'm not the only Ps3 gamer that thinks like this.

@stone, I wont understand.
I play games for fun, fun only. I can see a good stpry but that's not why I play a game. Just cause i'm 15, doesn't mean my brain's fried.
No offense to you, but when you get older, use ignorant in the right way. Ignorant means Not Knowing. I know what a story is. Laughing

@teckno, Wii has a shitty track record for having the worst/most kiddy games. :/
Although, I have been on my Wii more and i'm getting SMG2.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Angelus the Wraith wrote:Why would someone who never played Mass Effect want to import a character they never created?

The same can be said to those 360 owners who want to play MGS4 yet never played the first three? A good game is a good game. You think everyone who played Fallout 3 played Fallout 1 and 2 on PC?

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:04 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Thats a bit ignorant Zillah. When you get older you will appreciate games alot more for their story i.e Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid. Silly

You're ignorant of the word ignorant...

I found out the meaning of the word my Junior year in HS when I was up at best buy and some electronics "nerd" corrected me and said, "it's amazing how many people are ignorant about the word ignorant." Laughing

It's one of my fav quotes ever...

TheJubJub5721 wrote:Why would someone want to play a sequel when they never played the first?

I played Uncharted2 w/o playing Uncharted, it' not that big of a deal
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

You're ignorant of the word ignorant...

I found out the meaning of the word my Junior year in HS when I was up at best buy and some electronics "nerd" corrected me and said, "it's amazing how many people are ignorant about the word ignorant." Laughing

It's one of my fav quotes ever...

How wise Pizzy. I'll keep that in mind. Laughing

As for Zillah, I was just fucking with em'. No harm done. cheers
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 pm

gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

The same can be said to those 360 owners who want to play MGS4 yet never played the first three? A good game is a good game. You think everyone who played Fallout 3 played Fallout 1 and 2 on PC?

Yes, the same can be said to those who want to play MGS4 without the first three, like I said thats stupid. But Fallout 1 and 2 weren't really true prequals to 3. Nothing was really related in terms of story or anything like it is with Mass Effect and MGS
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yes, the same can be said to those who want to play MGS4 without the first three, like I said thats stupid. But Fallout 1 and 2 weren't really true prequals to 3. Nothing was really related in terms of story or anything like it is with Mass Effect and MGS

Stop debating around other things, including me. I'll make a thread about this at the DEBATE TABLEEEE!

Anyways, I don't need a game which didn't impress me, as far as a game goes. Cause me, i'm not about to pay 60 bucks for a good story. I want good gameplay. That makes me get a game.
If I was that hungry for a good story, i'd watch a movie/book, etc,. End.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Stop being fanboys guys. Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3. It would have been a BIGGER success if 1 was included. Conversation over.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Stop debating around other things, including me. I'll make a thread about this at the DEBATE TABLEEEE!

Anyways, I don't need a game which didn't impress me, as far as a game goes. Cause me, i'm not about to pay 60 bucks for a good story. I want good gameplay. That makes me get a game.
If I was that hungry for a good story, i'd watch a movie/book, etc,. End.

Ok. But why exactly dont you pay attention to the story? Some of the best stories I have heard are in games.

Teckno wrote:
Stop being fanboys guys. Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3. It would have been a BIGGER success if 1 was included. Conversation over.

Who's being a fanboy?

Posts merged, do not double post. This is your final warning. :reaper:
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:Stop being fanboys guys. Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3. It would have been a BIGGER success if 1 was included. Conversation over.

Who's being a fanboy?
Don't worry JubJub, not you. Smile
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:Stop being fanboys guys. Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3. It would have been a BIGGER success if 1 was included. Conversation over.

Who's being a fanboy?
Don't worry JubJub, not you. Smile

Yay Very Happy lol
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3 with out doubt I'm etismating about 1 million copies sold within the first 2 months. As TRF has said the whole Mass Effect experience will be better on the 360 and PC but just mass effect 2 will be better on the PS3
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 pm

gow wrote:Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3 with out doubt I'm etismating about 1 million copies sold within the first 2 months. As TRF has said the whole Mass Effect experience will be better on the 360 and PC but just mass effect 2 will be better on the PS3

I can barely see it reaching 1 million lifetime, because without the first I doubt it will sell well.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
gow wrote:Mass Effect 2 will be a success on the PS3 with out doubt I'm etismating about 1 million copies sold within the first 2 months. As TRF has said the whole Mass Effect experience will be better on the 360 and PC but just mass effect 2 will be better on the PS3

I can barely see it reaching 1 million lifetime, because without the first I doubt it will sell well.

2months? In fucking fairy world.
I wouldn't go as far to say lifetime. PS3 games have been out selling 360 games as of this year. So I don't see any slowing down.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 am

As long as Kevin Butler advertises it it's going to sell huge... Wink But he only sells exclusives, I'm looking at Sexual Sony to be Mass Effect's big seller on the PS3 Laughing
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:59 am

You'll find that more people will buy the second the game without playing the first lol
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:28 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Elder Scrolls IV sold over a million with a fraction of the fanbase back in 2007. Keep in mind that was the first entry to the franchise. There were three Elder Scrolls games made.

Fallout 3 did extremely well on 360 and PS3 yet the first two games were only on PC. A good game is a good game. Mass Effect 2 is a great game. And you can bet the bank Sony is going to advertise the hell out of this game with Kevin Butler.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next