Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

+14
Franko
Teckno
EvilMrChicken
HellJumper
Reaper
AnAsianKid
TRF
Angelus the Wraith
SlySonji™
adro
The ZGT.Masters
xxDEATH METALxx
Zillah
BlackStigma
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim - Page 3 Empty Re: PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Sonji wrote:There is reason to believe not a word he says. He said that the PS2 has much more reliable hardware than this generation's consoles.
im talking about the soldiering iron of the ps2 retard, and i never told u to believe me. i mean if u cant handle the fact that my consoles break than why bitch about it? and if you are older than me act your age and dont type messages in caps lock.

Back to top Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim - Page 3 Empty Re: PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

I'll stop typing my messages in caps lock when you type properly n,n
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm

BlackStigma wrote:http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

Well they said RROD but it's technically not around anymore, but either way the PS3 gave before the 360. And in case you mention the PS3 slim you should probably know that the PS3 "fat" is more reliable than the slim.

I posted this because you guys are all over 360 slim hardware faults.
This test means nothing, for two reasons:

1. This is ONE test. It doesn't prove anything, especially when compared to all of the reports of their 360S failing.
2. The 360S is a new model with improved hardware. Why compare it to the older PS3 hardware rather than the newer? Also, what prior usage does the PS3 have? It's probably been used much more than the 360S considering the 360S just launched recently.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

Well they said RROD but it's technically not around anymore, but either way the PS3 gave before the 360. And in case you mention the PS3 slim you should probably know that the PS3 "fat" is more reliable than the slim.

1. This is ONE test. It doesn't prove anything, especially when compared to all of the reports of their 360S failing.
2. The 360S is a new model with improved hardware. Why compare it to the older PS3 hardware rather than the newer? Also, what prior usage does the PS3 have? It's probably been used much more than the 360S considering the 360S just launched recently.

Yes because it's very economical to make like 50 of these tests and end up with 50 damaged or broken consoles.

The point of this threat isn't say that the 360 slim is more reliable than the PS3, we'll know that by when Square Trade releases the failure rate percentages (and they are the only reliable source as they actually take confirmation and only do one model), it's to disprove all the rumors going around that the 360 slim shuts down all the time. Yes my title does look misleading, but I only rephrased the title of the article as there technically isn't RROD anymore.

This article proves plenty, you can't disprove it because of a few variables, and I haven't seen any solid evidence that the PS3 slim is more reliable than the fat, the PS3 fat has higher quality parts inside of it, but the slim uses less energy.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yes because it's very economical to make like 50 of these tests and end up with 50 damaged or broken consoles.

The point of this threat isn't say that the 360 slim is more reliable than the PS3, we'll know that by when Square Trade releases the failure rate percentages (and they are the only reliable source as they actually take confirmation and only do one model), it's to disprove all the rumors going around that the 360 slim shuts down all the time. Yes my title does look misleading, but I only rephrased the title of the article as there technically isn't RROD anymore.

This article proves plenty, you can't disprove it because of a few variables, and I haven't seen any solid evidence that the PS3 slim is more reliable than the fat, the PS3 fat has higher quality parts inside of it, but the slim uses less energy.
I hardly call thoser few variables. They can make a huge difference. The PS3 could have been 2- 3 years old! Te parts could have grown weaker.
And about the economical part, well what do you expect? If a survey could even be classified as a survey it should have multiple reruns.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Teckno wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

I hardly call thoser few variables. They can make a huge difference. The PS3 could have been 2- 3 years old! Te parts could have grown weaker.
And about the economical part, well what do you expect? If a survey could even be classified as a survey it should have multiple reruns.

It wasn't a survey, it was a comparison. And no ones ever gotten 100 of each and put them in baking competition, that would be incredible stupid.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Well then its not a valid comparison.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Sonji wrote:Well then its not a valid comparison.

Holy shit never mind, it seems that you guys have more interest on finding flaws and ways to bash it rather than looking at the positives. I mean you only missed the entire fucking point of this thread which I've explained like 4 times already.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm

why would u even put it in a cupboard in the first place ???? and why even us the fat ps3. i bet a brand new slim ps3 will last way longer
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 am

I didnt take the time to read 3 pages of this thread but the last i heard failure rate of the xbox 360 was still well over 50%! and if you check youtube their is already mad people that have slims breaking. the ps3 fail rate is at 4%!!! 4 compared to 50. so to the person who started this thread STFU.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Sony has been making smaller parts for the PS3. They're obviously not producing the Fat models anymore, meaning they're incorporating these smaller parts into the Slim. Also, you never refuted my point about the console's prior usage. That could have an effect on the way it performed.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 pm

AlliDfense wrote:I didnt take the time to read 3 pages of this thread but the last i heard failure rate of the xbox 360 was still well over 50%! and if you check youtube their is already mad people that have slims breaking. the ps3 fail rate is at 4%!!! 4 compared to 50. so to the person who started this thread STFU.

People like you make this forum look so retarded and stupid.
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Holy shit never mind, it seems that you guys have more interest on finding flaws and ways to bash it rather than looking at the positives. I mean you only missed the entire fucking point of this thread which I've explained like 4 times already.
I said that it wasn't a valid comparison. What is impressive was that the 360 lasted as long as it did, regardless of how long the PS3 lasted. Even the fact that it lasted longer than a used PS3 Fat is still impressive.

AlliDfense wrote:I didnt take the time to read 3 pages of this thread but the last i heard failure rate of the xbox 360 was still well over 50%! and if you check youtube their is already mad people that have slims breaking. the ps3 fail rate is at 4%!!! 4 compared to 50. so to the person who started this thread STFU.
Then the last you heard about the failure rate was in 2005. I'm sorry, but it's well below 20% now. I'd put my money on 5%-10%.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 pm

I'd say around 11%-12%
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Facepalm

Again, the comment stated above was not directed towards the posts you have made on this thread but to all the others.

Maybe you should just word your posts a little better?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Sonji and tahmidk, stop arguing over pointless things or I will ban both of you. I deleted your comments.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 am

TRF wrote:Sonji and tahmidk, stop arguing over pointless things or I will ban both of you. I deleted your comments.

and it seems like sonji and tahmidk are the only ones arguing a ton about really stupid stuff
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Yes it improved, but since you conveniently added a survey to it.. All we are saying is that the survey is jank. Were just trying to detest the possibility of this being a fair comparison.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 pm

HellJumper wrote:People like you make this forum look so retarded and stupid.

Says the Xbox Republican
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by HellJumper Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

Yes,and there are people on the XR that make the forum look retarded.Both XR and this forum have their share of fanboys,but this guy takes the cake
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am

HellJumper wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

Yes,and there are people on the XR that make the forum look retarded.Both XR and this forum have their share of fanboys,but this guy takes the cake

Haha. Hell no. It's only about 4 dumbasses/trolls on here.
It's about 30-45% on XBR.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:23 am

Zillah wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

Agreed.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 am

Zillah wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

more like 90% and that guy who has the assassins creed picture, has like 80%

EDIT: his name is ghost23

Last edited by EvilMrChicken on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 am

EvilMrChicken wrote:
Zillah wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

Oh shit. I might soil myself. Ghost? hahahahahhahahahha.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 am

Zillah wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:
Zillah wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Says the Xbox Republican

Oh shit. I might soil myself. Ghost? hahahahahhahahahha.

Master_Cheif is the WORST of them all. He takes Zillahing into a whole new level.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next