Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

+14
Franko
Teckno
EvilMrChicken
HellJumper
Reaper
AnAsianKid
TRF
Angelus the Wraith
SlySonji™
adro
The ZGT.Masters
xxDEATH METALxx
Zillah
BlackStigma
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim Empty PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

Well they said RROD but it's technically not around anymore, but either way the PS3 gave before the 360. And in case you mention the PS3 slim you should probably know that the PS3 "fat" is more reliable than the slim.

I posted this because you guys are all over 360 slim hardware faults.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim Empty Re: PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by Zillah Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 pm

I wonder how many tests they did.
When it was 360 rrod polls everywhere, no one at the republic believed it and said it wasn't all of the owners.

It's now REOD.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Zillah wrote:I wonder how many tests they did.
When it was 360 rrod polls everywhere, no one at the republic believed it and said it wasn't all of the owners.

It's now REOD.

I never agreed with 360 failure rate polls because they took into account ALL 360's in general. When everyone knows that the launch models were pieces of shit and ended up inflating the percentage, when the Jasper failure rate was drastically lower than the Falcon and the one before that.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

Well they said RROD but it's technically not around anymore, but either way the PS3 gave before the 360. And in case you mention the PS3 slim you should probably know that the PS3 "fat" is more reliable than the slim.

Terrible test. One thing i know for certain is the PS3 fans inside work a lot harder when it's in a cabinet and especially when it's closed.

Also the PS3 shuts down automatically when the temperature is very hot and it obviously sensed that. So it doesn't mean that the 360 won. If anything if the 360 was kept like that inside that cabinet closed for a while the motherboard could have fried. Just saying.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 pm

xxDEATH METALxx wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

Terrible test. One thing i know for certain is the PS3 fans inside work a lot harder when it's in a cabinet and especially when it's closed.

Also the PS3 shuts down automatically when the temperature is very hot and it obviously sensed that. So it doesn't mean that the 360 won. If anything if the 360 was kept like that inside that cabinet closed for a while the motherboard could have fried. Just saying.

The slim does the same thing as the PS3, it'll shut down by itself and have a red light in the middle of the power button and a message will pop up telling you that the slim is shutting down due to it becoming too hot before it causes any damage, but it happened to the PS3 before it happened to the 360.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:23 pm

In the end, who actually gets PS3 Hardware problems? Nice!

Really, i'm happy that the 360 is getting better. (after 5 years) Rolling Eyes
Still debating on getting a 360slim.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Zillah wrote:In the end, who actually gets PS3 Hardware problems? Nice!

Ask Tahmidk, he's gone through 5. The PS3 has a 10% failure rate actually, Square Trade did a survey of it.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by The ZGT.Masters Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Ban?
No, seriously, none of those polls matter. High failure rates are funny, but who actually has hardware problems except for PS2/Fat 360 owners?

I saw a poll that said that the 360 failure rate is roughly 24.2%
Don't know about that though.
The ZGT.Masters
The ZGT.Masters
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Zil-Meister wrote: Ban?
No, seriously, none of those polls matter. High failure rates are funny, but who actually has hardware problems except for PS2/Fat 360 owners?

I saw a poll that said that the 360 failure rate is roughly 24.2%
Don't know about that though.

Why should I get banned?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 pm

I was joking man. Lol.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Zillah wrote:I was joking man. Lol.

Wait...are you Zil-Meister? I was wondering about the "Zil" part.

Nevermind, I feel kinda stupid. You mean the PS3 hardware problems thing. You should quote, It gets kinda confusing because I always assume you mean the last comment.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 am

BlackStigma wrote:

nothing to do with the slim, but he should test it with a new PS3, not a used 2008 uncharted 1 bundle.

3 HOURS PS3 overheats more than 360 slim 868492 ??? sometimes I play the whole night 4-5 hours, and before i go to sleep I put something to download and let it another 4-5 hours. i'm just saying PS3 overheats more than 360 slim Icon_rolleyes
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:32 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Ask Tahmidk, he's gone through 5. The PS3 has a 10% failure rate actually, Square Trade did a survey of it.

tahmidk is full of shit.

I had to pause my PS3 in the middle of a cutscene where I couldn't skip it. I went to GainseVille and back ( A 12 HOUR DRIVE) and my PS3 wasn't the least bit hot. But maybe thats because I don't lock mine in cabinets?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Sonji wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

tahmidk is full of shit.

I had to pause my PS3 in the middle of a cutscene where I couldn't skip it. I went to GainseVille and back ( A 12 HOUR DRIVE) and my PS3 wasn't the least bit hot. But maybe thats because I don't lock mine in cabinets?

I once left my PS3 on Folding@Home while I was gone for 2 weeks. Still works.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 pm

'Xactly.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:The PS3 has a 10% failure rate actually, Square Trade did a survey of it.
If the 360's failure rate was inflated by past models, surely the PS3's was as well. I'd put the failure rate at around 3%.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Why is a Republic member trying to make us mad?
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
xxDEATH METALxx wrote:

The slim does the same thing as the PS3, it'll shut down by itself and have a red light in the middle of the power button and a message will pop up telling you that the slim is shutting down due to it becoming too hot before it causes any damage, but it happened to the PS3 before it happened to the 360.

Ok true. So what's the point of this thread then? Both consoles have safety features and turn itself off to prevent damage. If the temperature is too hot. Probably the PS3 overheated a bit more or however more for it to turn itself off first.

But the PS3 slim should have been used for a better FAIRER comparison, instead of a 2008 Uncharted bundle PS3. That's like putting the 2008 Uncharted PS3 to a 2008 Falcon elite for a FAIR test.

Although i will have to say that Microsoft are improving the hadware of the 360, and making more reliable consoles
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:45 pm

If you leave your console locked inside a cabinet and expect it to still live you deserve to be shot, i know my PS3 is extremely reliable...that doesnt mean im gonna just lock it away and not expect it to overheat, that would be blatant stupidity.

Would you lock your dog inside a car on a hot day?
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:29 am

AnAsianKid wrote:Why is a Republic member trying to make us mad?

Am I making you mad? I didn't bash the PS3, I posted this to disprove the rumors that are going around that the 360 slim shuts down all the time.

...are you getting mad because the 360 isn't a hardware failure piece of shit anymore?

Forgot multi post, @Reaper
You wouldn't, it's was just to do a comparison to see which console would last longer.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:08 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Am I making you mad? I didn't bash the PS3, I posted this to disprove the rumors that are going around that the 360 slim shuts down all the time.

...are you getting mad because the 360 isn't a hardware failure piece of shit anymore?

You wouldn't, it's was just to do a comparison to see which console would last longer.

Nah not at the slightest bit.

It's funny that a republic person would post something anti PS3 on a PS3 forum but if it was one of us you guys would ban us instantly because the mods at the republic always abuse their power
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 am

AnAsianKid wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Nah not at the slightest bit.

It's funny that a republic person would post something anti PS3 on a PS3 forum but if it was one of us you guys would ban us instantly because the mods at the republic always abuse their power
We're not getting into that. Let the Republic handle things how they want. Don't like it, don't go. I like this thread and I don't want to have to close this.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

fuck that 10% failure rate bullshit i'd say its 50% cuz im pissed off at sony still. I HATE SONY, because i've spent over £300 for repairs alone on my PS3. but i prefer PS3 more than the 360 thats why i keep it around. although i used to nerd out Metal Gear Online 10 Hours a day(lol). anyways PS3 is ok at the mo just keeps restarting when i quit a game, i only play 1hr a day. Also my family have been through 3 360's that have broken down altogether for a grand total of 8 times. Truth is, this gens hardware is shit, its poor quality. they used shitty quality soldiering irons and shit. I'd take my PS2 over any of the next gen systems.

EDIT- I have the launch 60gb model tho and i keep it in a wide open space and in a cool room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm

tahmidk wrote:

fuck that 10% failure rate bullshit i'd say its 50% cuz im pissed off at sony still. I HATE SONY, because i've spent over £300 for repairs alone on my PS3. but i prefer PS3 more than the 360 thats why i keep it around. although i used to nerd out Metal Gear Online 10 Hours a day(lol). anyways PS3 is ok at the mo just keeps restarting when i quit a game, i only play 1hr a day. Also my family have been through 3 360's that have broken down altogether for a grand total of 8 times. Truth is, this gens hardware is shit, its poor quality. they used shitty quality soldiering irons and shit. I'd take my PS2 over any of the next gen systems.

EDIT- I have the launch 60gb model tho and i keep it in a wide open space and in a cool room.[/quote]

Yo, yesterday, me & my cousin went on a gaming session:

I went through 1 hour of R&C: Crack In Time
We both went through about 50 mins of MW2
Over 2 in MNR
10 mins in LBP
a hour in Gunstar Heroes
30 mins in SF4

Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah tahmidk. I love the way you contradict yourself in every post you make. And if your family has gone through 3 360's all together, there is no way you can possibly reach the number 8...
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next