Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

+14
Franko
Teckno
EvilMrChicken
HellJumper
Reaper
AnAsianKid
TRF
Angelus the Wraith
SlySonji™
adro
The ZGT.Masters
xxDEATH METALxx
Zillah
BlackStigma
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by HellJumper Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Im sure they have pretty even failure rates now.And they are for sure not high anymore.Is this article right?Maybe,maybe not.But it does prove that 360's failure rate isnt as high as so many claim.In the end,both console rarely fail
HellJumper
HellJumper
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

PS3 overheats more than 360 slim - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 overheats more than 360 slim

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:22 pm

HellJumper wrote:Im sure they have pretty even failure rates now.And they are for sure not high anymore.Is this article right?Maybe,maybe not.But it does prove that 360's failure rate isnt as high as so many claim.In the end,both console rarely fail

That I can agree upon.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Even failure rates?

Psh
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 am

AnAsianKid wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
AnAsianKid wrote:Why is a Republic member trying to make us mad?

Am I making you mad? I didn't bash the PS3, I posted this to disprove the rumors that are going around that the 360 slim shuts down all the time.

...are you getting mad because the 360 isn't a hardware failure piece of shit anymore?

Forgot multi post, @Reaper
You wouldn't, it's was just to do a comparison to see which console would last longer.

Nah not at the slightest bit.

It's funny that a republic person would post something anti PS3 on a PS3 forum but if it was one of us you guys would ban us instantly because the mods at the republic always abuse their power

It's actually not anti PS3, i just posted this to prove that the 360 hardware has stepped up.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 am

Sonji wrote:Yeah tahmidk. I love the way you contradict yourself in every post you make. And if your family has gone through 3 360's all together, there is no way you can possibly reach the number 8...

don't you think he means ps3+360? he did say, a grand total sooooo...think before you post
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 pm

I wouldnt say theyve "fixed" the overheating issues, they jsut make the console shutdown now when it starts getting too hot.

That would kinda piss me off to be honest, you should decide how long you want to play for...not the console.

I was really hoping this new model would solve the issues properly, now it looks like i'll have to get that gaming PC for the xbox games i want.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:
Sonji wrote:Yeah tahmidk. I love the way you contradict yourself in every post you make. And if your family has gone through 3 360's all together, there is no way you can possibly reach the number 8...

don't you think he means ps3+360? he did say, a grand total sooooo...think before you post

In EMC Words: "You think I know what you think?"
Nice!
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Zillah wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:

Nice!

you obviously didn't read his post carefully
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:32 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:
Zillah wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:

Nice!

you obviously didn't read his post carefully

A) Off Topic Post
B) He said he's gone through 3 360's all together 8 is what I read.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Reaper wrote:I wouldnt say theyve "fixed" the overheating issues, they jsut make the console shutdown now when it starts getting too hot.

That would kinda piss me off to be honest, you should decide how long you want to play for...not the console.

I was really hoping this new model would solve the issues properly, now it looks like i'll have to get that gaming PC for the xbox games i want.

Jesus did you even look at the link? THAT'S WHAT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS FOR!!! lol, The 360 didn't shut down, the PS3 burned down before that. I noticed you guys were spamming this stuff all over the MS section so that's why I made that link, to disprove those rumors.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Reaper wrote:I wouldnt say theyve "fixed" the overheating issues, they jsut make the console shutdown now when it starts getting too hot.

Jesus did you even look at the link? THAT'S WHAT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS FOR!!! lol, The 360 didn't shut down, the PS3 burned down before that. I noticed you guys were spamming this stuff all over the MS section so that's why I made that link, to disprove those rumors.

Yes i looked at it, ive also looked at a multitude of videos where the new "slim" has been getting hot and shutting down without being locked away in a cupboard. Take a chill pill there champ.

Personally im gonna wait about 6 months to see if its a widespread problem again or if any other problems are discovered, then i should be able to judge if its actually reliable this time. Will be just in time for Gears 3 aswell.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Jesus did you even look at the link? THAT'S WHAT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS FOR!!! lol, The 360 didn't shut down, the PS3 burned down before that. I noticed you guys were spamming this stuff all over the MS section so that's why I made that link, to disprove those rumors.[/quote] This test isnt accurate because they are using an older model of the PS3 and not the PS3 Slim.

Yes i looked at it, ive also looked at a multitude of videos where the new "slim" has been getting hot and shutting down without being locked away in a cupboard. Take a chill pill there champ.[/quote] Do you actually believe any of those videos? People do that on purpose to make a piece of plastic look bad.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

ever heard of repairing a broken console?
@Zillah
point being?
mine broke, why r u so upset over that?

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm

But you said they broke. Just because you repaired it doesn't mean it was never broken. Maybe you should clarify your posts.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Sonji wrote:But you said they broke. Just because you repaired it doesn't mean it was never broken. Maybe you should clarify your posts.
i never said it never broke, all i said was that i've been through 3 xbox 360's that have broken 8 times. if u werent a spaz u would realize that u can repair a console and it can break afterwards and u can buy another console.

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:40 pm

BUT 8 STILL BROKE. JUST BECAUSE YOU FIX ONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN REMOVE A CONSOLE FROM THE LIST OF HOW MANY XBOX'S HAVE BROKEN. IF YOU HAD ANY SENSE AT ALL, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT BY COUNTING BY 3'S YOU CANNOT ARRIVE AT THE NUMBER 8.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Sonji wrote:BUT 8 STILL BROKE. JUST BECAUSE YOU FIX ONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN REMOVE A CONSOLE FROM THE LIST OF HOW MANY XBOX'S HAVE BROKEN. IF YOU HAD ANY SENSE AT ALL, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT BY COUNTING BY 3'S YOU CANNOT ARRIVE AT THE NUMBER 8.
i didnt say it was how many xbox's broke i said it was how many i xbox 360 consoles i've been through and calm down with ur caps lock rage lmfao

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Caps don't mean rage. I'm trying to get the message through to you..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Sonji wrote:Caps don't mean rage. I'm trying to get the message through to you..
yes and im trying to make illiterate little boys like you to understand, read through my message again. never once did i say my 360 only broke 3 times, i said i have been through 3 consoles. that have broken 8 times all together. understand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Sonji wrote:But you said they broke. Just because you repaired it doesn't mean it was never broken. Maybe you should clarify your posts.
i never said it never broke, all i said was that i've been through 3 xbox 360's that have broken 8 times. if u werent a spaz u would realize that u can repair a console and it can break afterwards and u can buy another console.
Wait, wait, wait 8 PS3's! Damn, lets say you bought all of them when they were 400$ THATS 3,200$ DOLLARS! Add that to the 3 xbox's (400$) 4,400$ DOLLARS! You must be lying! That or you are a royal prince with a bucket load of money.
EDIT: nvm you had 5 PS3's and 3 360's. But thats still 3,200$!!! You spent that much for a piece of plastic?
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Teckno wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
Wait, wait, wait 8 PS3's! Damn, lets say you bought all of them when they were 400$ THATS 3,200$ DOLLARS! Add that to the 3 xbox's (400$) 4,400$ DOLLARS! You must be lying! That or you are a royal prince with a bucket load of money.
read it again, i never said i have been through 8 PS3's. i said 5 ps3's and through 3 360's. thats the launch model ps3 which cost £450. after it broke first time it cost £150 for repairs. after that i placed insurance and the next 4 times sit broke it was covered. that comes up to a total of £600.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:18 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Teckno wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
read it again, i never said i have been through 8 PS3's. i said 5 ps3's and through 3 360's. thats the launch model ps3 which cost £450. after it broke first time it cost £150 for repairs. after that i placed insurance and the next 4 times sit broke it was covered. that comes up to a total of £600.
Yea I edited before, But then it all comes down to this. Do you live in Antarctica or the Sahara Desert? Cause all those consoles had to break from something!
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Teckno, can't you tell? None of this is true.. he's obviously bullshitting you. And illiterate little boys?

A) I am probably older than you.

B) You can barely type.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Sonji wrote:Teckno, can't you tell? None of this is true.. he's obviously bullshitting you. And illiterate little boys?

A) I am probably older than you.

B) You can barely type.
He might be, but I went through a certain event in life which was MUCH more unbelievable than this but actually turned out to be true.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:29 pm

There is reason to believe not a word he says. He said that the PS2 has much more reliable hardware than this generation's consoles.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next