Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Wake Review

4 posters

Go down

Alan Wake Review Empty Alan Wake Review

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 6:38 pm

This is my video review for the xbox 360 exclusive title alan wake which is not on PS3 which makes sensetive PS3 fanboys such as pyro2000x hate on it.

Story- Alan Wake starts off great dragging you into the story with a nice introduction and just reels you in bit by bit.Later on the story theres on big cluster fuck, and in a good way. Alan Wake's dilemma is amazing and always keeps you on your toes and continuously making you suspect everything and everyone. You will uncover the mystery bit by bit and you will just be totally drawn in.. however, all is not great. SPOILERS AHEAD BEWARNED -
The ending sucks dick and is lame as fuck.

Story Score - 8.0

Graphics - Alan Wake boasts great graphics which makes PS3 fanboys cut off their wiener. Alan Wake has great textures, a luxurious environment and some of the best lighting effects ever this gen. The lighting effects make the characters to the environment look amazingly realistic which i enjoyed a lot. Although you will backtrack a lot and the woods and forest begin to become quite repetitive, including The Taken you fight. The cut scenes are beautiful and so are the in-game character models.

Graphics Score - 9.5

Gameplay -

Alan Wake has pretty good controls which are pretty basic and easy to understand and placed well. They are nice and responsive and they have been planned out well and theres no button lag whatsoever or any lag within the game you will experience. The checkpoints are also placed well which can be easily located including the items you will need such as batteries, ammo etc... Alan Wakes game mechanics also work considering its pretty simple to understand. flash flash bang bang. After you beat the game theres also a ton of items to find and get lots more achievements and harder difficulties. The enemy spawn points are also placed well, although sometimes the occasional dude runs out a wall will happen or gets glitched in. Alan Wake also has a neat weapon system and trust me, flash bangs are your best friend. Although the evade move could've been done better.

Gameplay Score - 8.5

Audio

Alan Wake's music is fantastic and adds to build on the games already creepy atmosphere with an incredibly creepy soundtrack that will keep you on your toes. The music continuously builds upon the games atmosphere and doesn't feel out of place and might make you pee yourself sometimes. The music is placed perfectly and will play when you least want it to and scare the fuck out you.

Audio Score - 10

Overall Score
Story Score - 8.0
Graphics Score - 9.5
Gameplay Score - 8.5
Audio Score - 10
-----------------------------------
Alan Wake Overall Score - 9.0

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake Review Empty Re: Alan Wake Review

Post by Zillah Sat May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Moved to user reviews section.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Sounds like a good review, I've been planning to pick it up later.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 8:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Sounds like a good review, I've been planning to pick it up later.
oh fuck u buddy i spent ages typing that up and u ddint even read it lol Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 pm

tahmidk wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:Sounds like a good review, I've been planning to pick it up later.

lol, It's just that I've already read so many Alan Wake reviews. I read half of it and skimmed the rest.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

lol, It's just that I've already read so many Alan Wake reviews. I read half of it and skimmed the rest.
lol, hey can i add u on PSN?

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 pm

tahmidk wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
tahmidk wrote:

lol, hey can i add u on PSN?

Go for it.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat May 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I won't read the review due to spoilers, but this game does interest me. I have it on my GameFly queue, but I got sent this game called "Heavy Rain" instead. Why is the rain so heavy????

Ah, well, I'll get it later down the line.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sun May 23, 2010 11:32 pm

If I understand your review correctly, the audio is worth as much as the gameplay.
Why is that?
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down