Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelus Reviews

3 posters

Go down

Angelus Reviews Empty Angelus Reviews

Post by Angelus the Wraith Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 pm

To review games, I decided to adopt a different method than everyone I've seen. This is a basic outline of how I achieve this.

Every game starts with a 50/100. Points are given through various aspects of a game. The maximum amount of points given for each aspect is determined by it's weight factor. If a game reaches over 100 it will be posted as +100. I've never played a game worth below 20, so I have no idea how I will post below 0. Kapish?
I doubt it, as an example, an Angelus Review of Bloons TD 4 is posted below.

Bloons TD 4 (50)

Gameplay (16/20)
Fun. Bloons TD 4 is just like any typical Tower Defense game. You place your Towers/Monkeys in strategical positions in order to stop the balloons from attacking. Load times are short and seldom. Minor improvements have been made since the last Bloons TD games. More maps, and new modes are available, and monkey must be unlocked before they can be used. Also, you can now deploy airplanes, ships, and banana farms.

Difficulty (10/10)
The difficulty is great. Not only do you get to select your difficulty, but every map has a preset one. The difficulty settings allow this game to be fun for expert, and novice alike.

Graphics (7/10)
The graphics are decent, and fulfill their purpose. They are only in 2D, but after a moments thought one realizes its for the best. Once you've deployed several monkeys, the map starts to look crowded, and unorganized, this could have been avoided by making the monkeys smaller, and extending the placement restrictions.

Story (0/5)
There is no story

Replay Value (2/10)
This game is fun for the first few times you play it, but it gets old quickly. Especially if you've played the prequels. After a while, you will get tired of this game and click on the link leading to "Knight Elite".

Worth it? (-2/15)
This is a free flash game. However, Ninjakiwi doesn't seem to like that, so they try to force you into making an account, and push you into paying for new features. These are not worth the money. If you don't want to pay, you can always spend hours upon hours playing other flash games on the site, but they seem sparse compared to other game sites, and aren't at all in the same league as Halo 3, and Uncharted 2.

Overall:
+50
+16
+10
+07
+00
+02

Bloons TD scores an 83
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Angelus Reviews Empty Re: Angelus Reviews

Post by NIVÆL Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm

I see. You give graphics a higher point maximum than story, I see. "Worth it" should not be an aspect, everything else you provide is enough for the user to see if it is worth it for them.
NIVÆL
NIVÆL
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Fri May 14, 2010 5:04 pm

I did bother to read this but the dark blue text colour is just annoying lol.. dark back ground and a dark text colour is kinda hard to see !! other than that your system is ok, but the original is decent aswell. if you know what I mean.
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by NIVÆL Fri May 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I used a highly modified version of your system and made a Uncharted 2 review in my head. Using my modified system Uncharted 2 came out to a 90/100 (Which I would translate into being a 94-98/100 at the major review websites.):

Uncharted 2 (50)
Gameplay (17/20)
Gameplay Difficulty (3/5)
Graphics (4/5)
Story (9/10)
Replay Value (7/10)

So you can narrow everything down: Gameplay = 25 max, everything else = 25 max, you can't surpass 100. I also don't give negative points. In my system it is also a lot harder for a game to be given a perfect 100.
NIVÆL
NIVÆL
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sun May 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Nivael wrote:I see. You give graphics a higher point maximum than story, I see. "Worth it" should not be an aspect, everything else you provide is enough for the user to see if it is worth it for them.

In the reviewed game the story didn't weigh much. In XIII or Killzone 2 "Story" would've been given a higher point maximum.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down