Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Downside Of The Trey

+9
Gutzahn
TRF
Invincible
soaringdive
EvilMrChicken
Freemon34
Angelus the Wraith
Reaper
Zillah
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Downside Of The Trey - Page 2 Empty Re: The Downside Of The Trey

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Failure Rate, i see alot of people bragging on about the PS3 never fails. My PS3 has broken 5 times, first 2 times YLOD then 3rd Blu-Ray fuck up then 4th YLOD then 5th yet another Blu-Ray fuck up. i have the 60GB Launch model though and i can understand the first YLOD considering i played LittleBigPlanet for 8 hours straight.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

-No cross-game chat
-Lack on integration with the PS3 website (360 does it better, at least)
-Mandatory installs
-Long download times
-Certain inferior multiplats (ex. Bayonetta and Lost Planet 2)
-Small, tacked-on profiles
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

[/quote]
I swear, you're like the General MLD of PS3. Only 10x more annoying and completely close minded. [/quote]

Impossibel! No one can be as annoying as MLD. And MLD is fucking close minded!
But nuff with the fanboy shit and back 2 topic:

-If you put the controller away while watching a movie, you will sometimes accidently press the r2/l2 trigger and this can be really annoying!

-Some developers are to stupid to make good ports (Bayonneta O.o) , but this issue is almost gone today.

-Crossgame-chat if you need it

Oh and btw, trophies and levels are better than the gs at xbl imo, but again lets just dont start a flame war here^^.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Gay Triggers
Short Battery Life
Strange Blueray button layout with PS3 controller. Had to get BlueRay controller cause I'd put the controller down and accidentally hit the trigger or something.
Slow Patches and Downloads
Usually lesser or inferior multiplats
Online Limitations
Warrenty is only 1 year, fee to fix is $150.
Trophies aren't on all games
And yes Zillah, an install is an issue. Because the Fable II install is OPTIONAL and can get one, these are FORCED installs which eat up memory quickly especially if your someone like me who got the gay 40GB PS3.
No headset in box. (I got the official Sony PS3 one and it picks up background noise....and hurts my ears)
No BC for PS2

That's what I got at the moment.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:(I got the official Sony PS3 one and it picks up background noise....and hurts my ears)

Mine hurt my ear once too... But thankfully, you can adjust the volume!
Technology nowadays is so advanced...
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:(I got the official Sony PS3 one and it picks up background noise....and hurts my ears)

No I just hate how it needs to burrow into your ears. It becomes agitating after a while. I prefer ones that wrap around your ears or cover them.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Tue May 25, 2010 9:23 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

No I just hate how it needs to burrow into your ears. It becomes agitating after a while. I prefer ones that wrap around your ears or cover them.

You mean... like one of the hundreds of USB ones compatible with the the PS3?

Last edited by Angelus the Wraith on Tue May 25, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue May 25, 2010 9:47 pm

You can get different headsets.

-_-
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Zillah wrote:You can get different headsets.

-_-

The point of the con is that the PS3 doesn't come with one. I just pointed out that I personally dislike the official headset because it is uncomfortable. I have another Bluetooth, unfortunately the sound quality isn't as good.

Angelus the Wraith wrote:You mean... like one of the hundreds of USB ones compatible withe the PS3?

You fail to see the point.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue May 25, 2010 10:44 pm

that reminds me of when shokio said something about the headset for ps3 and 360, why would you want a headset that goes all around your head and always have to adjust it? the ps3's just simply hangs on your ear
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:

that reminds me of when shokio said something about the headset for ps3 and 360, why would you want a headset that goes all around your head and always have to adjust it? the ps3's just simply hangs on your ear

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything that Shokio has said before. I have a Turtle Beach for my 360 that wraps around my head and it is bad ass. I hate little one ear mics.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gamer22 Thu May 27, 2010 3:45 am

Some of the down side from how I see it,

by hardware -

Slow BR drive. You wouldn't have that many games that needs to be installed in order to make up for the lack of BR speed. IMO if a game gets installed it's because you want superior performance and not because you're trying to make up the deficiency of low read speed.

Architecture - while the architecture is amazing for 1st/2nd party, it's less than desirable for 3rd party. 9 times out of 10 PS3 ends up with the inferior port. Most of the time it's not big deal but there are a few occasions where it's bad. I personally think Sony should of went with at least 768MB of memory vice 512MB. Such a powerful processor shouldn't be limited with such low memory.

Online - no standard mic included. The community would of been more vocal. Now the question is would there be anything worth listening? That we will never know.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun May 30, 2010 6:38 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything that Shokio has said before. I have a Turtle Beach for my 360 that wraps around my head and it is bad ass. I hate little one ear mics.

You obviously hate good products n.n If you hate little one ear mics why would you buy one? That doesn't make much sense. 😏
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Gay Triggers
Short Battery Life
Strange Blueray button layout with PS3 controller. Had to get BlueRay controller cause I'd put the controller down and accidentally hit the trigger or something.
Online Limitations
And yes Zillah, an install is an issue. Because the Fable II install is OPTIONAL and can get one, these are FORCED installs which eat up memory quickly especially if your someone like me who got the gay 40GB PS3.
No headset in box. (I got the official Sony PS3 one and it picks up background noise....and hurts my ears)
No BC for PS2

Most of these are opinionated, personal preferences, or like in your patches statement, every glitch has been patched in MW2, while they exist in 360's.
The headset, PERSONAL.
Not to be a fanboy, but what did you get the PS3 for? certainly not to play PS2games, even though it's a nice feature.
and aren't the 40gb ps3's the ones with BC?
:scratch:
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Zillah wrote:
Short Battery Life
Online Limitations
No BC for PS2

Most of these are opinionated, personal preferences, or like in your patches statement, every glitch has been patched in MW2, while they exist in 360's.
The headset, PERSONAL.
Not to be a fanboy, but what did you get the PS3 for? certainly not to play PS2games, even though it's a nice feature.
and aren't the 40gb ps3's the ones with BC?
:scratch:

I was miss informed, I thought the 40GB did have BC but it didn't. And my PS2 is broken. I got the PS3 to play movies and games.

What do you mean by "The headset, PERSONAL"?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sun May 30, 2010 10:37 pm

BlackStigma wrote:What do you mean by "The headset, PERSONAL"?

He means it's opinion. He made it very clear too...
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Sun May 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Short Battery Life
Online Limitations
No BC for PS2

1. You can keep playing because you can play games while it's charging
2. Do you expect to be spoiled? aslong as you can play online, add friends and play with them, perfectly fin
3. Now why is that an issue? did you complain about last gen not having achievments?
4. The Downside Of The Trey - Page 2 348568 did you buy your ps3 to play ps2 games? no
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:1. You can keep playing because you can play games while it's charging
2. Do you expect to be spoiled? aslong as you can play online, add friends and play with them, perfectly fin
3. Now why is that an issue? did you complain about last gen not having achievments?
4. The Downside Of The Trey - Page 2 348568 did you buy your ps3 to play ps2 games? no

Excuses Excuses, they are still downsides. That's like me not counting hardware failures on the 360 as a con cause you can fix it yourself or get a free repair. It's still a problem.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:1. You can keep playing because you can play games while it's charging

Excuses Excuses, they are still downsides. That's like me not counting hardware failures on the 360 as a con cause you can fix it yourself or get a free repair. It's still a problem.

It's a much bigger problem though.
It's the same as not counting the weight of the controllers as a downside.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun May 30, 2010 11:28 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Well played Angelus, well played. -examines cards-
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

What relevance does that post hold? Because Hardware issues are a bigger issues than lack of BC (Which it had at one point but Sony removed) then no BC isn't an issue? So if I break my arm and a guy on the other side of the town dies my broken arm is no longer an issue because one is more severe? That's BS. And yes i did want a PS3 to play PS2 games (Merely a factor of why I got it) because my PS2 is broken.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon May 31, 2010 12:39 am

BlackStigma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

What relevance does that post hold? Because Hardware issues are a bigger issues than lack of BC (Which it had at one point but Sony removed) then no BC isn't an issue? So if I break my arm and a guy on the other side of the town dies my broken arm is no longer an issue because one is more severe? That's BS. And yes i did want a PS3 to play PS2 games (Merely a factor of why I got it) because my PS2 is broken.

Sony removed BC from the PS2 for good reason. PS2's are still selling like legal weed.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Mon May 31, 2010 1:06 am

BlackStigma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Not quite.
A proper metaphor would be if you broke your nail. Your broken nail is obsolete, death is not. That being said, a PS3 games > PS2 games, lack BC isn't something to complain about, especially when it's your own fault.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Mon May 31, 2010 1:59 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:

Hold on...in an earlier post you listed the PS3 not coming with a mic as a downside...did your turtle beach come with your 360?

And before you say "No they didnt but my 360 did come with a standard mic" you also said you hate "one ear mics"...i may be wrong but doesnt the 360's standard mic only have an output for 1 ear The Downside Of The Trey - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Im just sayin... The Downside Of The Trey - Page 2 Icon_wink
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon May 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Reaper, you have successfully turned everything Stigma said against him. Now watch him post something completely irrelevent. :sleep:
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next