Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yup, PC gaming is obviously dying

+11
Zillah
Stoney
Jamin
chobo500
Teckno
TRF
TheJubJub5721
Gutzahn
CyberpunkCentral
adro
SlySonji™
15 posters

:: General Gaming :: PC

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Yup, PC gaming is obviously dying - Page 2 Empty Re: Yup, PC gaming is obviously dying

Post by Stoney Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Jamin wrote:
Stoney wrote:PC gaming is for "hardcore" gamers. Regular to casual gamers don't really care for it. And I for one couldn't care for it.

Console for a few hours gaming, Laptop for browsing the interwebz. Smile
So I'm a hardcore gamer because I play games on PC? What aspect of the PC makes someone more of a gamer than someone on consoles?

Going though the effort of building a gaming PC.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Yup, PC gaming is obviously dying - Page 2 Empty Re: Yup, PC gaming is obviously dying

Post by Zillah Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 am

Stoney wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Stoney wrote:PC gaming is for "hardcore" gamers. Regular to casual gamers don't really care for it. And I for one couldn't care for it.

So I'm a hardcore gamer because I play games on PC? What aspect of the PC makes someone more of a gamer than someone on consoles?

That too.
I truly, do not like PC gaming.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:04 am

Zillah wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Jamin wrote:

That too.
I truly, do not like PC gaming.

I just couldn't be bothered. Consoles are more than enough for me.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 am

Jamin wrote:

Well, a gaming PC is generally a larger investment than a console, whether you're spending $1,000+ on an Alienware PC or spending the time to order the parts and build your own.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:16 am

Stoney wrote:
Jamin wrote:

They really aren't that hard to build. I have built a computer for my dad and brother.

But I play RTS games and some like Half Life and thats about it for my PC gaming.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 am

Yup, PC gaming is obviously dieing

fixed it...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 am

crysis 1 on PC looks better than crysis 2 on PS3/X360. Fallout 3 and new vegas on medium settings destroy the ps3's and 360's graphics same goes for oblivion. dragon age origins and mass effect were made for pc and the controls really show it's a keyboard and mouse game. same with left 4 dead. and honestly considering the fact WOW has 11 million active users and steam just passed 30 million it kinda shows something. not to mention all the offline PC gamers.

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 am

Stoney wrote:

really ??
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:05 am

adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??
i bout my pc in 1964 and it can run the latest games fine

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 am

Cataclysm
Starcraft II
Civilization V
Minecraft
Sonic: Fan Made Remix
Mother 4
etc.

PC EINT GAWT BLOCKBUSTERZ GAYMZ.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:25 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:Cataclysm
Starcraft II
Civilization V
Minecraft
Sonic: Fan Made Remix
Mother 4
etc.

PC EINT GAWT BLOCKBUSTERZ GAYMZ.
STARCRAFTZ PROB NOT SELL MUCH AS HALOZ OR CODZ CAZ TOO EXPANSIVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:45 pm

adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Yes. Regular or casual gamers wouldn't even think about it. That's why I said PC gaming is for "hardcore" gamers. TRF explained it perfectly.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Yes. Regular or casual gamers wouldn't even think about it. That's why I said PC gaming is for "hardcore" gamers. TRF explained it perfectly.
Yeah, I'd be hard pressed to find a casual gamer with a gaming PC. I'd be much more inclined to see a casual with an Xbox 360 or Wii or even PS3.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Yeah, I'd be hard pressed to find a casual gamer with a gaming PC. I'd be much more inclined to see a casual with an Xbox 360 or Wii or even PS3.
casual gaming not on pc? heard of farmsville or counterstrike?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 pm

The people in this thread are expressing their dislike for something they haven't experienced. The only hurdle there is to PC gaming is just GETTING A GAMING PC. Do you have to build one? No, you can buy a very good PC for only around $500. Even cheaper if you build it yourself, which is VERY EASY. All it is, is LEGOS and SCREWS. Its obvious where everything goes, and just in case you aren't sure, each part comes with a manual. I assembled my PC with no help, and no prior knowledge to the actual parts. Just me, manuals, and a butter knife. How did I get my parts? Simply just ASKED a few people to pick out the parts, then asked them about the relevancy of each part. Then made alterations to fill my needs to the order. Its not hard, you guys just seem unwilling to learn something new and being lazy. Rofl Sign

You can build a PC that runs Crysis, Resident Evil 5, and other games on HIGH for no more than $300. You just need to know what you're doing, which isn't very difficult.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 pm

tahmdick wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

That's why you're not gonna get/make a Gaming PC for that.
You know what we mean by gaming pc. stop trolling.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Jamin wrote:The people in this thread are expressing their dislike for something they haven't experienced. The only hurdle there is to PC gaming is just GETTING A GAMING PC. Do you have to build one? No, you can buy a very good PC for only around $500. Even cheaper if you build it yourself, which is VERY EASY. All it is, is LEGOS and SCREWS. Its obvious where everything goes, and just in case you aren't sure, each part comes with a manual. I assembled my PC with no help, and no prior knowledge to the actual parts. Just me, manuals, and a butter knife. How did I get my parts? Simply just ASKED a few people to pick out the parts, then asked them about the relevancy of each part. Then made alterations to fill my needs to the order. Its not hard, you guys just seem unwilling to learn something new and being lazy. Rofl Sign

You can build a PC that runs Crysis, Resident Evil 5, and other games on HIGH for no more than $300. You just need to know what you're doing, which isn't very difficult.

yup and most new PC's can run all this gen games, maybe not on HIGH but high enough.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Jamin wrote:The people in this thread are expressing their dislike for something they haven't experienced. The only hurdle there is to PC gaming is just GETTING A GAMING PC. Do you have to build one? No, you can buy a very good PC for only around $500. Even cheaper if you build it yourself, which is VERY EASY. All it is, is LEGOS and SCREWS. Its obvious where everything goes, and just in case you aren't sure, each part comes with a manual. I assembled my PC with no help, and no prior knowledge to the actual parts. Just me, manuals, and a butter knife. How did I get my parts? Simply just ASKED a few people to pick out the parts, then asked them about the relevancy of each part. Then made alterations to fill my needs to the order. Its not hard, you guys just seem unwilling to learn something new and being lazy. Rofl Sign

Unwilling to learn? Or happy with consoles?

As crazy as it may seem consoles are sufficient platforms for most, including me.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 am

tahmdick wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Farmville is a browser-based game that anyone can play. Counter-Strike isn't casual, last I checked.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FadedHearts Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:13 am

Although most of the games are dying new cool games are born... So now worries Smile
FadedHearts
FadedHearts
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 am

tahmdick wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Counterstrike wars are more "hardcore" than anything at the consoles.
My personal list of how fucking hardcore a system is Wink :

Casual
Ds
Wii
PsP
Xbox360
Ps3
PC
Hardcore

its just my opinion, and i dont think anyone could convince me to change it , because im very sure, that i am very right. Neutral
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Stoney wrote:

As crazy as it may seem consoles are sufficient platforms for most, including me.
That comment wasn't directed at you, you simply don't have a need for a PC, just like you said. But what separates you from the others is that they gave inexperienced and decrepit reasons as to why they don't like PC gaming.

Only disagreement I had with your previous comment, was that you categorize gamers based on their platform of choice. PC gamers are no more hardcore than console gamers.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
tahmdick wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
adro wrote:
Stoney wrote:

really ??

Counterstrike wars are more "hardcore" than anything at the consoles.
My personal list of how fucking hardcore a system is Wink :

Casual
Ds
Wii
PsP
Xbox360
Ps3
PC
Hardcore

its just my opinion, and i dont think anyone could convince me to change it , because im very sure, that i am very right. Neutral

Well PS3 and 360 you could argue but yeah pretty much true.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Jamin wrote:
Stoney wrote:

That comment wasn't directed at you, you simply don't have a need for a PC, just like you said. But what separates you from the others is that they gave inexperienced and decrepit reasons as to why they don't like PC gaming.

Only disagreement I had with your previous comment, was that you categorize gamers based on their platform of choice. PC gamers are no more hardcore than console gamers.

Yeah, and its not like we don't have casual games. I grew up on educational games for my PC!

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Yeah, and its not like we don't have casual games. I grew up on educational games for my PC!
Lol, I was playing Jump Start 3rd grade the other day. XD Best fucking minigames EVER! I'm still looking for this Lion King 2 PC game I had. It had this brick breaking game that's one of the best I've ever played. Shame I'm still playing games from 1994-99. XD Still play G-Nome, Swarm Assult, and I think I have a Magic School Bus game around here somewhere. XD OH DAMN, IMA PLAY SOME YUKON TRAIL!!! Zillah In Banana For
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next