Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review: Red Dead Redemption

2 posters

Go down

Review: Red Dead Redemption Empty Review: Red Dead Redemption

Post by Epzaos Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:11 am

Story: 9.5

The story begins with John Marston, a former Outlaw who has been blackmailed by a group of Federal Agents when they kidnapped his Wife and Son to hunt down the members of the gang he used to be in in exchange for his family's safe return.
Overall the story is amazing and it has an unexpected twist and a really fitting ending.

Gameplay: 9.5

The gameplay is among the best i've ever seen in open world genre with tons of things to do from breaking horses to hunting wild animals and gambling.
The gameplay also features the honor and fame systems, honor is similar to the alingment system that the Fable games have, meaning that your actions will affect on how people treat you, while fame affects on how many people will know about your actions and even greet you when they pass by, some might ask you to help them when they get robbed or even give you gifts and you can easily get challenged to a duel by either outlaws or townsfolk depending on your honor.
Another feature of the game is the Dead Eye system, when you activate it, time slows down and it allows you to be more precise with your shots and quickly kill an enemy by choosing multiple areas to shoot him, this plays a major role in Duels.

Soundtrack: 9.3

Amazing soundtrack.

Audio: 9.0

Great voice acting and really good sound effects.

Graphics: 9.4

The graphics are alot better than GTAIV since both games run on the same engine.

Multiplayer: 7.0

This is where you can enjoy playing with other players or your friends and do many challenges and complete gang hideouts to gain XP that will allow you to level up and unlock new weapons, mounts, titles and characters for you to use, you can also play competitive matches with other players like capture the bag or deathmatch.
However the multiplayer in this game can be fun as long as you don't run into Griefers in Free Roam and Campers in Competitive mode, it also houses about 85% of the game's glitches and bugs and last but not least the Competitive mode can easily become unbalanced and it will be a test for your patience.

Replay Value: 8.9

The game's single player can easily last about 7 playthroughs IMO.

Overall: 9.0

Red Dead Redemption is overally a shockingly good game with a huge map and plenty of things for you to do and it trully captures the intense and violent nature of the Wild West and i strongly recommend anyone who likes the Open World Genre and Wild West based games to play it.

Recommended Version:

Both versions run equally fine, the only difference however is that the PS3 version runs at a lower resolution and the 360 version has slightly sharper textures, but it's not that much of a deal.

Last edited by Epzaos on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:13 am; edited 20 times in total
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Review: Red Dead Redemption Empty Re: Review: Red Dead Redemption

Post by TRF Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:13 am

Your review is very general and you don't explain WHY the game is good.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:18 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:Your review is very general and you don't explain WHY the game is good.

Fixed, is it good now?
I'm not really that good on reviewing games, i usually just throw out the rating and i'm done with it.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:01 am

Epzaos wrote:I'm not really that good on reviewing games, i usually just throw out the rating and i'm done with it.
Better, but it's still not great. I guess if you usually just throw out the rating, then it's alright.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down