Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive

+7
SlySonji™
TheJubJub5721
CernaML
Reaper
TRF
Epzaos
CyberpunkCentral
11 posters

Go down

"Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive Empty "Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue May 04, 2010 4:31 pm

"Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive MG-media

Ever since "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" was announced for the Xbox 360 (PS3 and PC) a lot of Xbox 360 owners thought that PlayStation has lost yet another exclusive franchise. Not being a fanboy here but the truth is "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" is only a spin-off that is never going to live up to "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" full potential. Hideo Kojima isn't even fully involved in that game like he was in the previous "Metal Gear" titles. So there's really no telling how the quality of the game will be? Hell you don't even get to play as Solid Snake in the spin-off. People who really think "Metal Gear Solid" lost it's exclusivity to the PlayStation because of a spin-off are noobs *cough* 343_Guilty_Spark *cough*. Everyone by now should know that "Metal Gear Solid" has been on a Xbox console before with "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" and yet all the sequels after remained exclusive to PlayStation.

Another "Metal Gear Solid" game that's also on the way is ""Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" which is considered by fans and Hideo Kojima himself to be the real fifth installment in the series. The game also got a rare but perfect 40/40 score on Famitsu. Which is the fourteenth game to achieve the accolade, and the first game on PSP to be so honoured. However it's only going to be released for the PSP as far as we know.

That is until GamePro contributor Ben PerLee noted this during his "Peace Walker Bootcamp experience":

"So after I had done the preview, [Konami] had a Q/A session with us to get our complaints/ideas about the game. Other than the basics, they asked what we thought about if they released it on PSN for the PS3 as well and had online multiplayer."

So it's seems that the developers are considering porting "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" over to the PS3 of course. You can read more about here http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/215049/want-to-play-peace-walker-on-psn
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive Empty Re: "Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive

Post by Epzaos Tue May 04, 2010 4:42 pm

CyberPunkCentral wrote:
So it's seems that the developers are considering porting "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" over to the PS3 of course.
Thats what Konami said when all these rumors about "MGS4 coming to 360" were flying around, they said that they considered porting it over to the 360 and yet they didn't, MGS4 remained a PS3 exclusive, so why they should do the same with Peace Walker, but you never know.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

"Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive Empty Re: "Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive

Post by TRF Tue May 04, 2010 7:39 pm

True, not every MGS game is on a Playstation platform, but it still is, at its core, a Playstation series.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue May 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Epzaos wrote:
CyberPunkCentral wrote:
So it's seems that the developers are considering porting "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" over to the PS3 of course.
Thats what Konami said when all these rumors about "MGS4 coming to 360" were flying around, they said that they considered porting it over to the 360 and yet they didn't, MGS4 remained a PS3 exclusive, so why they should do the same with Peace Walker, but you never know.

Everytime i get a weebol that still claims MGS4 is coming to the 360 i just direct them to Wip3ou7 videos "Metal Gear Solid" Is Still A Semi-PlayStation Exclusive 907500
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by CernaML Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 am

Epzaos wrote:
CyberPunkCentral wrote:

Konami said that? I thought it was just the media/fanboys coming up with that BS.

CernaML
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 am

Bumb!
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 am

It's not exclusive . . . never was. I don't know why I called it a Playstation franchise. I guess it's because most of the games are on Playstation platforms.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 am

gamecube,xbox and pc all had mgs and stop making up bullshit things like semi-exclusive its either exclusive or its not

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:28 pm

MGS was never very good IMO
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:32 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:MGS was never very good IMO

My respect for you = Lost.

Like ''Lost'' lost. That lost.

Yeah..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Hahahaha Sonji. As much as I respect your opinion Jub, I have to know, what in the world is possibly wrong with MGS? It's a masterpiece.

I remember HJ told me MGS had a bad story. I went from lmfao, facewall, back to lmfao.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Zillah wrote:Hahahaha Sonji. As much as I respect your opinion Jub, I have to know, what in the world is possibly wrong with MGS? It's a masterpiece.

I remember HJ told me MGS had a bad story. I went from lmfao, facewall, back to lmfao.

I went from ROFL, to Jesus facepalm, to Big Bang facepalm, to Sackboy rage face, to Kratos rage face, to space.

Don't ask me how I got there..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 pm

I only played MGS4, it was ok. But i can understand the fans being into this game. From the very first MGS.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Zillah wrote:Hahahaha Sonji. As much as I respect your opinion Jub, I have to know, what in the world is possibly wrong with MGS? It's a masterpiece.

Says the guy who doesn't pay attention to game stories...

And I just never liked it. Ive played the first and the second, just not that fun.

[quote="SlySonji™"]

Oh noes, what will I do now...
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 pm

[quote="SlySonji™"][quote="TheJubJub5721"]

Says the guy who doesn't pay attention to game stories...

And I just never liked it. Ive played the first and the second, just not that fun.

SlySonji™ wrote:

Oh noes, what will I do now...

You will continue your life. But now you will always have that one spot in your heart, that one spot that can only be filled by me.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:You will continue your life. But now you will always have that one spot in your heart, that one spot that can only be filled by me.

Rofl. Damn, sad to hear haha
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:You will continue your life. But now you will always have that one spot in your heart, that one spot that can only be filled by me.

I feel bad for you. Now your life will never be complete. Now go fair child, go and mourn. Repent for your sins, and after you pay for them, you may enter my kingdom. March through the dark abyss filled with evil. Nay may you be afraid, I shall be with you. I will be right behind you with the AK blastin' them zombies to oblivion.

Remember always,

SlySonji™
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I feel bad for you. Now your life will never be complete. Now go fair child, go and mourn. Repent for your sins, and after you pay for them, you may enter my kingdom. March through the dark abyss filled with evil. Nay may you be afraid, I shall be with you. I will be right behind you with the AK blastin' them zombies to oblivion.

Remember always,

SlySonji™

EPIC
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:58 am

HJ really said that? LMAO. People love to bang on MGS because it has a deep and complex story-line, which is hard for your average gamer to get his head around. Too much thinking can strain the brain.....

Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Remember always,

SlySonji™

I think you might like MGS a little too much...
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down