Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

+3
Zillah
CyberpunkCentral
Epzaos
7 posters

Go down

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Empty Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Post by Epzaos Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:07 am

Note: I tried to keep the review as spoiler-free as possible and even the damn trailer dropped a rather large spoiler, anyways, here's my review of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
Due to the fact that I lack writing skills, I will review the game like this:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 2q35bpk
Available Platforms: PS3(Reviewed), Xbox 360

The Good:
-Diverse storyline with a surprise and an unexpected twist at the end.
-Long Game that can last over 26 hours.
-Structured Combos that focus on both attack and defense.
-Epic Boss Fights.
-Great Soundtrack.
-Terrific Voice Acting.
-Great Graphics.
-Great Level Design.
-Replay Value.
-Completely Identical on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The Bad:
-Platforming mechanics are a little wanky and they can often result in cheap deaths.
-Punishing Difficulty on some Boss Fights.
-The Story can sometimes focus away from important characters, making it easy for someone to lose track of the plot.
-Some puzzles feel a bit unnecessary.

The Ugly:
-The Frame-Rate can drop dramatically in a few areas.
-Lack of Originality(Button Mashing Grabs, Shadow of the Colossus style bosses e.t.c.).

Overall: 8.9

Last edited by Epzaos on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Police)
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:45 am

Good review. Still not buying the game though.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Post by Zillah Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:02 am

Broken Platforming? We all have opinions but c'mon. Broken?
How?
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Zillah.™ wrote:Broken Platforming? We all have opinions but c'mon. Broken?
How?
Ok, I admit, I was a bit harsh on the platforming, but still the mechanics can be a little wanky.
When I sprint and jump accross a long cliff with a ledge at the end there is a chance that I'll fall because even if I make it, I don't grab on the ledge, I was stuck for like 30 minutes on a few levels because I kept falling.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Epzaos wrote:
How?
Ok, I admit, I was a bit harsh on the platforming, but still the mechanics can be a little wanky.
When I sprint and jump accross a long cliff with a ledge at the end there is a chance that I'll fall because even if I make it, I don't grab on the ledge, I was stuck for like 30 minutes on a few levels because I kept falling.

That's a personal problem, not the game's fault.
You can't make the jump, YOUR FAULT.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. BitchPlease
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Zillah.™ wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
How?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Review, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. BitchPlease
Wait until you kill the second Lord of Shadow, then you'll have alot of trouble doing some jumps on a certain level which I won't spoil, that is unless your a badass at this thing and you never make mistakes...
And like I said on my previous post, I was a bit harsh with the platforming part.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Zillah.™ wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
How?

That isn't a personal problem. He makes the jump but his character does not grab onto the ledge. It's like jumping on a platform in Mario and Mario sinking through the platform as if it wasn't there.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Zillah.™ wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
How?

No, that sounds a lot like the game's fault.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 am

Awwww, leave Zillah alone. Stop making fun of his favorite game. xD
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:10 am

MEGAlan wrote:Awwww, leave Zillah alone. Stop making fun of his favorite game. xD

that would be COD.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 am

chobo500 wrote:
MEGAlan wrote:Awwww, leave Zillah alone. Stop making fun of his favorite game. xD

that would be COD.

Nope. That'd be Street Fighter III: Third Strike.
Owned, you both.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down