Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was that 10$ Extra for anyways?

+8
Reaper
Ezio Auditore
MEGAlan
TheJubJub5721
NoelX2
Jamin
chobo500
Zillah
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What was that 10$ Extra for anyways? Empty What was that 10$ Extra for anyways?

Post by Zillah Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

http://n4g.com/news/652757/xbl-10-price-hike-was-caused-by-activision/com

A comment I've read on Youtube:

Remember when the price for XBOX LIVE went up by 10 dollars? Everyone wondered why. Did you know that extra 10 dollars all goes to Activision? 360 gamers are technically paying to play Call of Duty online. There's a business loop hole that Activision is exploiting. Since the COD franchise is the most played game on the 360, Activision is entitled to a small share of the money Microsoft makes off Xbox Live. The more you know!

Ok, now, We can debate about which service is better, or is XBL worth it, but c'mon man.
This is bullocks. XD
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

What was that 10$ Extra for anyways? Empty Re: What was that 10$ Extra for anyways?

Post by chobo500 Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm

wow. just wow. I knew Bobby Kotick was a Douche, but to have the Xbox LIVE price go up for every Gold user even if they're not playing COD and have all the extra money go to activision is messed up! even if you don't buy any activision product, they still get money because you are paying extra for LIVE. Bobby Kotick, Go to Hell!!!!!!!!!

What was that 10$ Extra for anyways? Bobby-kotick

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

What was that 10$ Extra for anyways? Empty Re: What was that 10$ Extra for anyways?

Post by Jamin Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm

This was in N4G for awhile now. You guys are just now hearing about this?
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Jamin wrote:This was in N4G for awhile now. You guys are just now hearing about this?

I just decided to post it since no one else did ; stuck at home, sick.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 am

THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!! What about the other people that doesn't play COD?
THANKS A-FUCKIN-LOT ACTIVISION!!!!!! I hate you.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:36 am

NoelX2 wrote:THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!! What about the other people that doesn't play COD?

Yeah, it seems kind of retarded to charge people who don't play CoD, for CoD MP. I almost don't believe it. Just seems too, out there.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:45 pm

haha take that ya xbox scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!! What about the other people that doesn't play COD?

Yeah, it seems kind of retarded to charge people who don't play CoD, for CoD MP. I almost don't believe it. Just seems too, out there.
Well, people have to pay if they want to play online. Otherwise they waste a large portion of their games.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 pm

WTF!?!?

Unfuckingbelievable

MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezio Auditore Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 am

DAMN YOU ACTIVISION!
Ezio Auditore
Ezio Auditore
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:22 am

Completely and utterly shameful. Pure greed. Even worse that MS didnt say this was the reason when the extra charge first came out.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

So when we buy Xbox Live Gold subscription, we are basically filling Activision's pockets at the same time.
The situation is going from bad to worse...Facepalm
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Reaper wrote:Completely and utterly shameful. Pure greed. Even worse that MS didnt say this was the reason when the extra charge first came out.

LOL, think about this Reaper.

Why on Earth would they want to announce that?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 pm

MEGAlan wrote:
Reaper wrote:Completely and utterly shameful. Pure greed. Even worse that MS didnt say this was the reason when the extra charge first came out.

LOL, think about this Reaper.

Why on Earth would they want to announce that?
Bad PR, that would be. Kratos Microsoft: "Hey guys, we're upping the price because Activision wants in on the money, and we want to at least keep what we were making."
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Okay, so the XBL retail prices when up. Yea that's bullshit.

What I don't get is why people fail to mention that for 3-4 months you could have gotten a 12 month XBL sub for 30-40 bucks off of the dashboard... Am I the ONLY one that wasn't blinded by rage and that actually used this opportunity? Considering I bought the subscription pretty early I don't have to pay for another subscription until March 2012.

Not only that, but has anyone ever heard of "amazon.com"? They sell XBL 12 month cards for 45 bucks (which is about $3-4 a month).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbl+12+month&sprefix=xbl+12+month

There is also the XBL family pack which gives you 4 XBL Gold accounts for 7 bucks a month.

Just saying, I think we are overreacting. Even if you opt for the retail prices it's only 1 dollar more per month.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by suwukila Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 am

EXACTLY WHY I SOLD MY XBOX wen mass effect was anounced 4 the ps3 i said screw this.....
suwukila
suwukila
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 am

suwukila wrote:EXACTLY WHY I SOLD MY XBOX wen mass effect was anounced 4 the ps3 i said screw this.....

Too many things wrong with that post.

First off, Mass Effect is a single player experience with no ties to the online service. Second, ME2 for PS3 was announced BEFORE the XBL retail prices went up....so you contradicted yourself when you said "this is exactly why I sold my Xbox" and then mentioned that you left the 360 because of Mass Effect 2. Third, not even an idiot would sell his 360 to play ME2 on the PS3. You are essentially throwing away all of those play throughs of ME2 to play the identical PS3 version which is actually more expensive for you to buy than getting all the DLC on the copy of ME2 you already own. Don't you see the stupidity in your decision? This is ofcourse assuming that you aren't lying about owning a 360 before.

Finally, tone the fanboyism down. You may or may not be joking but the whole "360 sucks PS3 FTW" thing and vice versa is against the rules (but is welcome in the chatbox XD).

Welcome to the Nation. You've just been owned. Nice!
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 am

MEGAlan wrote:

Slave Master
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by suwukila Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 am

MEGAlan wrote:
suwukila wrote:EXACTLY WHY I SOLD MY XBOX wen mass effect was anounced 4 the ps3 i said screw this.....

First off, Mass Effect is a single player experience with no ties to the online service. Second, ME2 for PS3 was announced BEFORE the XBL retail prices went up....so you contradicted yourself when you said "this is exactly why I sold my Xbox" and then mentioned that you left the 360 because of Mass Effect 2. Third, not even an idiot would sell his 360 to play ME2 on the PS3. You are essentially throwing away all of those play throughs of ME2 to play the identical PS3 version which is actually more expensive for you to buy than getting all the DLC on the copy of ME2 you already own. Don't you see the stupidity in your decision? This is ofcourse assuming that you aren't lying about owning a 360 before.

Finally, tone the fanboyism down. You may or may not be joking but the whole "360 sucks PS3 FTW" thing and vice versa is against the rules (but is welcome in the chatbox XD).

it doesnt matter if ME2 is single player (ull C why) i was still paying 50$ & ME2 was announced before the XBL price went up BUT rumors of it were already floating around ME2 was announced 8/17 and the OFFICIAL announcement for the price increace was 8/30 & it took me until after the price increace to sell it ( @ a decentprice) & when did i say i already owned ME2 on the 360?????? nooooo i was hearing how good it was & was planning to get it on the 360 but the ME2 PS3 announcment beat me to it OK????????? jeeze calm down meany........
suwukila
suwukila
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:27 am

MEGAlan wrote:

So wait, certain rules apply to the chatbox, and some dont?
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
So wait, certain rules apply to the chatbox, and some dont?

No. Not really. He's joking. Chatbox rules don't apply to the forum as a whole, but the forum rules apply to EVERYTHANGGGG!
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 am

suwukila wrote:
MEGAlan wrote:

it doesnt matter if ME2 is single player (ull C why) i was still paying 50$ & ME2 was announced before the XBL price went up BUT rumors of it were already floating around ME2 was announced 8/17 and the OFFICIAL announcement for the price increace was 8/30 & it took me until after the price increace to sell it ( @ a decentprice) & when did i say i already owned ME2 on the 360?????? nooooo i was hearing how good it was & was planning to get it on the 360 but the ME2 PS3 announcment beat me to it OK????????? jeeze calm down meany........

BIG MEANY

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by suwukila Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 am

yes BIG MEANY..... lol get over yourself.....
suwukila
suwukila
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:34 am

suwukila wrote:yes BIG MEANY..... lol get over yourself.....
.....🔥
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by txtman8094 Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Maybe the $10.00 means that they will be increasing again later, its basically like saying; we screwed you over just a little let us screw you over some more. And I bet they will increase the price again and they'll be saying: When we raised the price for $10.00 extra, that was nothing. this is what real greed is about. Xbox Live will now be $89.99 a month, Microsoft: Just a tiny amount to pay for a service that has only 2 features over PSN...
txtman8094
txtman8094
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum