Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC

+6
igame
chobo500
Franko
Jamin
Gutzahn
TheJubJub5721
10 posters

Go down

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC Empty FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:29 pm

"Bethesda’s just announced details on 360-exclusive DLC for Fallout: New Vegas.

No details on the DLC itself were given, but the press release said the “first downloadable content” would be exclusive to Xbox Live this holiday season, which seems to imply more would be coming to other consoles as well.

Info on the content will be “released in the coming weeks.”

“We’re excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox LIVE,” said Bethesda’s US PR boss Pete Hines.

“We have no doubt that gamers will be thrilled with seeing a new add-on pack extend their adventures with Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE,” added Microsoft GM product manager for IEB, Matt Barlow." - http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/bethesda-announces-360-exclusive-new-vegas-dlc/

FUCK! lol bethesda justlost another customer(i seriously was gunna buy this but if they are not gunna support ALL of their fanbase then they can suck my balls and lick my ass)

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC Empty Re: FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC

Post by TheJubJub5721 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Your really not gonna buy it for that reason? That is stupid...
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC Empty Re: FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 360 EXCLUSIVE DLC

Post by Gutzahn Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Lol it will be available at the ps3 some time later. Microsoft never manages to get real exclusive stuff, they just use timed stuff smoke and mirror wise.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Don't worry about it man. Just timed exclusivity.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 pm

it will be on Xbox for 2 Months and it will go to other Platforms i bet. MS don't give a shit about its PC fanbase
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:05 pm

When will MS learn that Timed Exclusivity never works(Unless it's a full game like Mass effect 2). all it does is cause Microsoft to give money to devs while devs loose money by only releasing it on one platform. you could give me the "boost sales" argument, but then why wasn't this announced until one day before release?
( I know that COD DLC was annouced at E3 to get the sales boost, so that i will agree with.)
People have already pre-ordered the game for the platform of their choice. and besides, what's wrong with WAITING?

Sony uses Real exclusive content. Like Batman Arkham asylum, Red Dead Redemption, Medal Of Honor, Dead Space 2, Mafia 2, and ACB. the PS3 versions of those games have exclusive content that the other platforms will not get. That, I think, is an incentive to buy a game for that platform.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by igame Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 pm

hey it will give me time to level up more and finish more side missions before the DLC comes out, thanks MS.
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Timed exclusivity is stupid in my opinion. I know it boosts sales, but I could easily just wait x amount of weeks and get it on another platform. Why would I buy into a console for something I can just wait and get on another?

I buy consoles for exclusives. If Halo was also on PS3, then I would not have bought a 360 so easily. The same goes for the PS3 if Heavy Rain was multi-platform.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 am

@TRF, the only people that benefit is Microsoft and the developers. Microsoft gets timed exclusivity to bring in sales from owners of more than one platform. Also from those who are impatient.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 am

Alright, so this is what I can conceive from this.

It's a crime for Microsoft to secure exclusive DLC/content for it's platform (which will probably only be timed), but it's not a crime for Sony to do essentially THE EXACT same thing.

That's incredibly fanboyish. No matter how you look at it.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 am

Alan_1994 wrote:Alright, so this is what I can conceive from this.

It's a crime for Microsoft to secure exclusive DLC/content for it's platform (which will probably only be timed), but it's not a crime for Sony to do essentially THE EXACT same thing.

I don't like timed exclusivity. Sony's is never timed. It's ACTUAL exclusivity. Microsoft's is almost always timed: Call of Duty, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 am

Alan_1994 wrote:Alright, so this is what I can conceive from this.

Its the way its done. Its not a crime for Microsoft to do it, but its always advertised to be Xbox360 exclusive, and the content appearing on other platforms is always denied. But later, the content ends up on PS3 and PC regardless of the whole "EXCLUSIVE" campaign the content got. It isn't the most truthful bit of advertising. When Sony secures Exclusive content it remains exclusive; that is in no way misleading. Don't tell me you've secured exclusive content to make your version of a game look more appealing, just to have the content appear on other platforms at a later date.
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:17 am

I don't understand the problem.

Both Sony and Microsoft buy timed/perma exclusive content for the same reason. To persuade users to buy that multiplatform game on their platform.

With Sony, they persuade users to buy it on PS3 and in the process denying access to the X360 only users forever. With MS, they persuard users to buy it on X360 at first, but later on PS3 only users have access to it.

Isn't it better for everyone if the exclusive stuff was just timed? That way eventually everyone with a next gen platform can experience the content but still gives Microsoft the marketshare advantage?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 am

Alan_1994 wrote:I don't understand the problem.

Both Sony and Microsoft buy timed/perma exclusive content for the same reason. To persuade users to buy that multiplatform game on their platform.

With Sony, they persuade users to buy it on PS3 and in the process denying access to the X360 only users forever. With MS, they persuard users to buy it on X360 at first, but later on PS3 only users have access to it.

Isn't it better for everyone if the exclusive stuff was just timed? That way eventually everyone with a next gen platform can experience the content but still gives Microsoft the marketshare advantage?
no fuck no dlc should be for everyone because they bought that game and if the other party is gettin more shit then we need to fuck those wankers up!
P.S ill prob buy GOTY edition - PREOWNED(yeah fuck u bethesda i know ur reading this)

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 am

Alan is right guys. Both companies basically do the samething for the same reason. But I can see why people are against Microsoft on this one. They basically advertise almost every blockbuster that is a multiplat as an exclusive. Which isn't really a bad thing business wise, however Microsoft does tend to over do it. For example that time when they use real gameplay footage of the PS3 version of "Final Fantasy XIII", and advertised it as a Xbox 360 exclusive in both North America and Europe.

Not being a fanboy or anything, but i'm glad the the Xbox 360 version of "Final Fantasy XIII" flopped for various reasons. Serves them right.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 am

Alan you should read the posts completely you know? Timed exclusivity is dumb. Real exclusivity is not.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:15 am

That's good if you're on the other platform, but if I'm buying a 360 for Mass Effect 2 only to find that it's coming to PS3, that means I basically missed out on exclusive content for Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, Mafia II, etc.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:07 pm

TRF wrote:

That's good if you're on the other platform, but if I'm buying a 360 for Mass Effect 2 only to find that it's coming to PS3, that means I basically missed out on exclusive content for Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, Mafia II, etc.

Dante's inferno has Exclusive content on the PS3?

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Gutzahn wrote:Alan you should read the posts completely you know? Timed exclusivity is dumb. Real exclusivity is not.

How is it dumb?

You guys are bitching and moaning about companies that pay for 3rd party exclusivity content because it comes from a 3rd party source and it can be on more platforms.

The problem with timed exclusivity is decreased because it will eventually be available to people who don't have access to the platform it was formally exclusive on.

But you are right. MS is the bad guys. F*ck em. All they care about is money, while Sony is a non-profit organization. Facepalm
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 pm

TRF wrote:

3rd party exclusive games and 3rd party exclusive DLC aren't exactly the same thing. 3rd party exclusive DLC is icing on the cake. 3rd party exclusive games are the cake. So it's not the same scale. And TBH, Microsoft really only buys "timed" exclusive DLC with ME and bioshock being the rare exceptions. MOST of the ex-exclusives (lol) on the X360 came later to the PS3 because the PS3 wasn't out in the market yet (Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Saint Rows). Most of the time, when Microsoft pays for 3rd party exclusive games, they usually publish it or make a contract with those developers. In fact, 60% of the X360's exclusives are developed by a 3rd party source. The timed exclusive DLC that Microsoft buys is largely targeted towards multiplatform owners I would think. No one in their right mind would buy a console to play the DLC on a MULTIPLATFORM game.

As for the question of choosing to play the Mass Effect series on the X360....The PS3 is getting Mass Effect 2, not Mass Effect 1...I'd imagine that the person who would spend 300-400 dollars on a console to play ONE game series would also want to play the entire trilogy instead of one or 2 thirds of it.

P.S. Sorry for double posting, but I posted my comment too late to edit in this reply.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:37 pm

yea this is just another bs timed exclusive money waster by MS i cant belive they make any money by spending so much to make sure they have it for set amoutn of time first.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down