Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Is Vegas" R.I.P.

4 posters

Go down

"This Is Vegas" R.I.P. Empty "This Is Vegas" R.I.P.

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:45 pm

"This Is Vegas" R.I.P. 48281

The open-world game of gambling and debauchery This is Vegas has been canceled, reports CVG. The story cites sources close to the project, claiming that Warner Bros. has officially called off development. WB picked it up when bought Midway's assets in June, but then closed developer Surreal Software and placed its work force in other studios.
Of course, it wouldn't be Vegas without massive losses. The source also claims that Midway had spent about $43 million on the game when it was sold to WB. Then, WB committed another $250,000 per month until it was canceled. In total, the game probably went through $50 million without ever seeing the light of day.
"It's a ridiculous waste of money," said the source. "A silly budget when you think that games like Konami's Saw - which made a profit - were built with around $3m and BlackLight Tango Down was made for $2.5m." If you're curious of what might have been, take a look at our 2008 E3 preview.

Source: 1UP
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"This Is Vegas" R.I.P. Empty Re: "This Is Vegas" R.I.P.

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Looks like a decent game, well that sucks...
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by yonny616 Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Looks like Saint Row 2 in terms of physics, graphics and just causing chaos for fun lol too bad we never get to play it. Sad
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Looks ok, reminds me of Driv3r for some reason Silly
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down