Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors

+2
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
6 posters

Go down

"Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors Empty "Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 pm

"Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors Halo-reach-beta-code

Halo: Reach had one of gaming's most successful launches last week, but the game continues to make headlines for the wrong reason.

According to a number of internet forums, including a growing thread on Bungie's own website, Halo: Reach players are experiencing disc read errors, leaving many unable to play the game.

It's currently unclear what is causing the issue. Many report older Xbox 360 consoles have trouble reading the game disc, however, others have said they've played the game on a launch unit and have experienced no problems.

"We are aware of a very small number of customers reporting that their copy of Halo: Reach is causing a "disc read" error," a representative said. "Those affected should contact Microsoft customer support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX for troubleshooting assistance."

It was also discovered last week the new, 4GB Xbox 360 consoles were unable to play Halo: Reach's online co-op mode due to hard drive limitations.

Source: IGN
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors Empty Re: "Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:15 pm

OUCH!
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

"Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors Empty Re: "Halo: Reach" Suffering From Disc Read Errors

Post by Franko Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:16 pm

I did not expect this. and i have the old Xbox.
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 am

Im not having a problem Very Happy I also install my games
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 am

The HDD limitation is just so fucking retarded.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 am

didnt this happen with halo 3 and ODST as well? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I don't have any problems, but the older 360's have bad disc drives. In which they would stop reading discs after a while, the new Ben-Q drives found in the falcons, Jaspers and slims are much more reliable. And these drives reduce the risc of lazerburn.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down