Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo

+3
TheJubJub5721
TRF
gow
7 posters

Go down

Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo Empty Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo

Post by gow Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 pm

I haven't played a Halo game yet (Reach will be my first) but I've noticed that Gears has taken a complete back seat to Halo. I know that Halo is MS's flagship franchise but can't there be 2. Its very unfair. The sad thing is that, Gears 1 is the reason that the 360 is still here.
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo Empty Re: Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo

Post by TRF Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, Halo is a much bigger franchise, and has been around much longer than Gears of War. Gears of War is a four-year-old franchise, with only two entries in the series. Halo has been around for nine years, and there have been five entries in the series, with Reach about to be the seventh.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo Empty Re: Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo

Post by gow Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 pm

I know that Halo has been around longer and it was the only reason why the original xbox was success. But lately I've been getting the feeling that less and less people like the series and even MS prefers Halo over Gears (defiently because it makes them more money) Just look at this months most played games on Xbox live Gears isn't even in the top 20. Isn't Reach the 6th entry Halo 1,2,3,wars,odst
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 pm

gow wrote:I know that Halo has been around longer and it was the only reason why the original xbox was success. But lately I've been getting the feeling that less and less people like the series and even MS prefers Halo over Gears (defiently because it makes them more money) Just look at this months most played games on Xbox live Gears isn't even in the top 20. Isn't Reach the 6th entry Halo 1,2,3,wars,odst
Halo rakes in way more money than Gears of War and Halo 3 is played more than Gears and Gears 2 combined.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:07 pm

And Halo is better IMO. Gears isnt that great.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:56 am

Halo probably appeals to more people. I can't see casuals wanting to play a game where you can saw people in half.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 am

gow wrote:I know that Halo has been around longer and it was the only reason why the original xbox was success. But lately I've been getting the feeling that less and less people like the series and even MS prefers Halo over Gears (defiently because it makes them more money) Just look at this months most played games on Xbox live Gears isn't even in the top 20. Isn't Reach the 6th entry Halo 1,2,3,wars,odst

Of course not, casuals get massacred online, in Gears of War you are either really good or really bad. Hell, even before Gears 2 came out it was pretty common to play a match of Gears 1 with a top ranking leader board guy like Poison (he changed his gamertag to something else though) or those scrubs Sandman, UNEEDHOST, GreenJediJames, etc. If you are a hardcore Gears of War player you should know who these guys are.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:10 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Of course not, casuals get massacred online, in Gears of War you are either really good or really bad. Hell, even before Gears 2 came out it was pretty common to play a match of Gears 1 with a top ranking leader board guy like Poison (he changed his gamertag to something else though) or those scrubs Sandman, UNEEDHOST, GreenJediJames, etc. If you are a hardcore Gears of War player you should know who these guys are.

Don't know what you're talking about but

Why doesn't Gears get enough credit as Halo Coolstory
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 am

BlackStigma wrote:

I know GreenJediJames. He isn't very good, and yeah you have to be good to play Gears Of War. Especially with the Shotgun, no one really uses cover and shoot online. But Gears is the best 360 exclusive out there, and i'd much rather play that than Halo.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down