Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond

+10
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
igame
adro
Reaper
CernaML
CyberpunkCentral
BlackStigma
SlySonji™
Zillah
yonny616
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond Empty Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond

Post by yonny616 Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:27 pm

ps3 will soon be 2nd place Sony officially reported it sold 38.1 million units of ps3 article link below
http://www.playstationuniversity.com/sony-closes-gap-only-3-6-million-behind-4210/
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond Empty Re: Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond

Post by Zillah Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Who cares about sales but seeing all the hypocrites on youtube is gonna be funny as hell.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond Empty Re: Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Zillah, it's not that we care, but it's amazing how fast Sony is closing in on them. It's slowly covering the tracks of when it first revealed it's Playstation product.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:15 pm

I was just making a point.

And I saw a post where I meant to respond to B.Stigma cause I know he's going to go to this thread.
The reason we barely quote is because it makes threads very ugly.
We just use @.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Ah. Sorry about that then Wink

Either way, it is going to be quite fun to watch the hypocrisy fly.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 pm

ʑɪʃʃȺɧ wrote:I was just making a point.

And I saw a post where I meant to respond to B.Stigma cause I know he's going to go to this thread.
The reason we barely quote is because it makes threads very ugly.
We just use @.

What I think works best is to use quotes (because barely anyone uses @), but delete everything but the prior message so posts don't get too big.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey Stigma, why don't you comment on the topic that this thread is about? HUH? HUH?!?!?!

I'm just messing with you Wink But seriously, your thoughts on it?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Sonji wrote:Hey Stigma, why don't you comment on the topic that this thread is about? HUH? HUH?!?!?!

I'm just messing with you Wink But seriously, your thoughts on it?

I'm not sure what to say about it. The difference between them on VGchartz is 5.3 million...so I think these might be 38.1 million shipped consoles not sold. It says Sony officially reported it. But they wouldn't know how many consoles gamestop or wallmart or etc. have sold.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Why wouldn't they? Either way, Sony is finally picking up the pace.

Sony stated that it was 38.1M SOLD.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Just imagine how much "Gran Turismo 5" will boost PS3 sales Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond 193836
Lets all do the ZillahDance to celebrate Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond 482123
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:42 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:Just imagine how much "Gran Turismo 5" will boost PS3 sales Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond 193836
Lets all do the ZillahDance to celebrate Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond 482123

Correct me if I am wrong, but, aren't 60% of the people that pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 non PS3 owners?

Shocked

SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Sonji wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:Just imagine how much "Gran Turismo 5" will boost PS3 sales Sony closes gap more only 3.6 million behond 193836

Correct me if I am wrong, but, aren't 60% of the people that pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 non PS3 owners?

Shocked

Yes Smile
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 pm

GT5 = A ''few'' PS3s sold Wink
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CernaML Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

I'm not sure what to say about it. The difference between them on VGchartz is 5.3 million...so I think these might be 38.1 million shipped consoles not sold. It says Sony officially reported it. But they wouldn't know how many consoles gamestop or wallmart or etc. have sold.

Why would you think that? Every PS3 that is sold should go through an electronic transaction. So every retailer should always have an exact number of units sold. I'm pretty sure Sony would be very interested to know how well their own product is selling don't you think? I'm not exactly sure how the industry works but... isn't Sony supposed to get a cut for every PS3 sold from every retailer? Aren't all retailers pretty much just the middle man? I don't think Sony would appreciate it if they gave them false numbers. But like I said, this is just a wild guess and I'm probably just talking out of my ass.

CernaML
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:07 am

CernaML wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Why would you think that? Every PS3 that is sold should go through an electronic transaction. So every retailer should always have an exact number of units sold. I'm pretty sure Sony would be very interested to know how well their own product is selling don't you think? I'm not exactly sure how the industry works but... isn't Sony supposed to get a cut for every PS3 sold from every retailer? Aren't all retailers pretty much just the middle man? I don't think Sony would appreciate it if they gave them false numbers. But like I said, this is just a wild guess and I'm probably just talking out of my ass.

What they do is they sell them the retailers (which is known as shipping), however they won't know how many systems that retailer has sold. Now I'm not sure how much money Sony gets from each PS3 but lets just make it $250 for now. A Gamestop would order 10 PS3s from Sony, and then they'd pay them $2500 and Sony would ship them 10 consoles. Then Gamestop would sell them at $300 (to make a profit obviously), however Sony doesn't know how many of those consoles Gamestop will then sell. And on VGchartz the sales numbers are different for the PS3 as well.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 am

The article clearly states that it's sales, not shipment. Also, this is incredibly likely.

Off Topic: Try and deny me this. 2011 = PS3 sales boost. By a lot.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 am

Sonji wrote:The article clearly states that it's sales, not shipment. Also, this is incredibly likely.

Some companies do this, they'll say sold instead of shipped (since they are technically "sold") to make their numbers seem bigger. And VGchartz says that the PS3 has sold 36.1 million copies. So yeah...

@Cyberpunk
If you don't like it then complain to Sonji because he's the one who told me to post, so as not to be rude I did. I originally wasn't going to say anything about it.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 am

CC hasn't said anything O.o.

Also, regardless of whichever one is right or wrong, the PS3 is catching up. Won't be long now.

Any moment now.

Any minute..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:26 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Sonji wrote:The article clearly states that it's sales, not shipment. Also, this is incredibly likely.

Some companies do this, they'll say sold instead of shipped (since they are technically "sold") to make their numbers seem bigger. And VGchartz says that the PS3 has sold 36.1 million copies. So yeah...

@Cyberpunk
If you don't like it then complain to Sonji because he's the one who told me to post, so as not to be rude I did. I originally wasn't going to say anything about it.

PS3: 38.1 million
360: 41.7 million

Nuff said.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
CernaML wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

What they do is they sell them the retailers (which is known as shipping), however they won't know how many systems that retailer has sold. Now I'm not sure how much money Sony gets from each PS3 but lets just make it $250 for now. A Gamestop would order 10 PS3s from Sony, and then they'd pay them $2500 and Sony would ship them 10 consoles. Then Gamestop would sell them at $300 (to make a profit obviously), however Sony doesn't know how many of those consoles Gamestop will then sell. And on VGchartz the sales numbers are different for the PS3 as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn;t ''VGChartz innacurate and they don't update they're figures often?''
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by yonny616 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 pm

By nickjkl on N4G.com
it all began in 2005

the 360 launches with halo

one year later it has sold 10 million units

the future looks bleak for ps3

as microsoft pays for third party exclusives dealing crushing blows

during this time rrod waves plague the market

the future looks bleak for ps3

with media and consumers alike bashing the ps3
"it has no games it will never have graphics advantage its the worst system ever built its to hard to program for"

as sony say on their chairs urging players to wait the time will come and when it does we will strike

360 Fanboys were dominating the ps3 in message boards dangling gears of war 2 over our heads touting its amazing graphics

skips to 09

and then the time had come sony had pointed all guns at the 360
launching killzone 2 uncharted 2 little big planet infamous demon souls
ratchet and clank
360 Fanboys were shocked at the lineup of technical master pieces as they changed positions"well its all about the gameplay"

http://n4g.com/news/573045/ps3-sells-38-1-million-units-worldwide-trails-xbox-360-by-3-million-units/com Check out the comments on N4G lmao at 360 fanboys trying to spin it
yonny616
yonny616
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrYonny616

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:36 pm

So do we have to wait another year just to find out how much PS3 made?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:12 am

I personally know at least 12 people who are waiting specifically for GT5 to buy a PS3.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Reaper wrote:I personally know at least 12 people who are waiting specifically for GT5 to buy a PS3.

same here, Alot of my friends are waiting GT5, and they still dont own a PS3
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm

lol 360 die hards gunna slit their wrist's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next