Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Console Wars: The Final Round

+9
Stoney
BlackStigma
TRF
Reaper
AnAsianKid
Angelus the Wraith
adro
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Console Wars: The Final Round Empty Console Wars: The Final Round

Post by CyberpunkCentral Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm

THERE WILL BE TEARS!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/gaming/console-wars-round-12-the-finale
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Console Wars: The Final Round Empty Re: Console Wars: The Final Round

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Confirmed:

It would take 4 discs to run God of War III on the 360. And they thought it was nothing..
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:18 pm

lol honestly who gives a shit? just play the games.

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Are you Zillah in disguise? o.O
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 pm

the PS3 did have the best round "Exclusives" Console Wars: The Final Round 408609. i wouldn't care if 360 had all the others.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:47 pm

The winner was predictable, but some comparisons were ridiculous. It never occured to me that controllers were as important as exclusives.... Shocked
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm

OMFG Guys stop trying with the "LETS JUST PLAY GAMES" BS

I'm talking about you to zillah
AnAsianKid
AnAsianKid
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:19 pm

AnAsianKid wrote:OMFG Guys stop trying with the "LETS JUST PLAY GAMES" BS

I sent you a friend request on PSN.

Anyway, yeah the outcome was never in question really, kinda anxious to see what damage control the republic has...or will they quietly sweep it under the carpet?

I think it was a pretty fair comparison, each console won the rounds i believe they should have.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:30 pm

PS3 deserved to win. I think it's better.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 am

Top 3 FAILS, yeah it wasn't difficult to anticipate that the PS3 won here.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Top 3 FAILS, yeah it wasn't difficult to anticipate that the PS3 won here.
some correction too, how Kinect was BS and all Console Wars: The Final Round Icon_rolleyes
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 pm

AnAsianKid wrote:OMFG Guys stop trying with the "LETS JUST PLAY GAMES" BS

Whats wrong with that? OK some people think its funny to participate in the "console war" but at the end of the day thats what its about.....
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm

They both have there up's and downs, but PS3 shows what it can do and it deserved to win.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Best console war related video series out there. The ps3 won , and deserved it. I agree with most of the points, and the ps3 also won the most important round : exclusives! But this 2 xboxfanboys (or are they one and the same guy?) PsnIsBoring and this other douche are really anoying ,because they spam the comment section of every single round.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Gutzahn wrote:Best console war related video series out there. The ps3 won , and deserved it. I agree with most of the points, and the ps3 also won the most important round : exclusives! But this 2 xboxfanboys (or are they one and the same guy?) PsnIsBoring and this other douche are really anoying ,because they spam the comment section of every single round.

PSNisBORING along with PS3stillHASnoGAMES are 2hottie69's sock puppet accounts.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:54 pm

BlackStigma wrote:Top 3 FAILS, yeah it wasn't difficult to anticipate that the PS3 won here.
Well, there were a few rounds that, in light of recent events, should be changed in the PS3's favor, such as the future and multiplatform games. We all know now that Move is a competent motion controller and Kinect is NOT, and after EA's partnership with
Sony, there are a lot of multiplatform games that I'll be buying for the PS3.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:06 pm

TRF wrote:
Well, there were a few rounds that, in light of recent events, should be changed in the PS3's favor, such as the future and multiplatform games. We all know now that Move is a competent motion controller and Kinect is NOT, and after EA's partnership with

I agree, Dead Space 2 having Dead Space Extraction and Medal of Honour having Medal of Honour Frontline are two deals that i simply cannot ignore.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Reaper wrote:
TRF wrote:

I agree, Dead Space 2 having Dead Space Extraction and Medal of Honour having Medal of Honour Frontline are two deals that i simply cannot ignore.
Not only those two, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Mafia II will also have exclusive content. From now on, almost all EA games will have exclusive content on the PS3 version as per the agreement between EA and Sony. Not to mention many devs are developing with the PS3 as the lead platform, such as Platinum Games (Vaquish) and Team Bondi (L.A. Noire), plus Valve is using Steam to provide updates to the PS3 versions of their games (which will be more than just Portal 2; they wouldn't have developed Steam for PSN if they were only going to use it for one game).
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:50 pm

I believe it is because developers want to tap into the PS3's hardware. This is good news for Sony, and for gamers who own a PS3.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 pm

TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TRF wrote:

Not only those two, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Mafia II will also have exclusive content. From now on, almost all EA games will have exclusive content on the PS3 version as per the agreement between EA and Sony. Not to mention many devs are developing with the PS3 as the lead platform, such as Platinum Games (Vaquish) and Team Bondi (L.A. Noire), plus Valve is using Steam to provide updates to the PS3 versions of their games (which will be more than just Portal 2; they wouldn't have developed Steam for PSN if they were only going to use it for one game).

What exclusive content is coming with Assassin's Creed and Mafia? If its stuff like extra character skins i really could not give a shit, Dead Space and MOH on the other hand are having an extra game with quite different gameplay.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I believe that for Assassin's Creed its a mission pack or something like that.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Reaper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
TRF wrote:

What exclusive content is coming with Assassin's Creed and Mafia? If its stuff like extra character skins i really could not give a shit, Dead Space and MOH on the other hand are having an extra game with quite different gameplay.
I'm not sure about Mafia II, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is coming with an exclusive mission pack on the PS3.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:22 pm

TRF wrote:
I'm not sure about Mafia II, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is coming with an exclusive mission pack on the PS3.
yep mafia 2, have exclusive missions and an additional "arcade mode" (don't know what it's about), the bad thing is you won't get any if you buy a used copie.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm

http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/sony-f21/console-wars-round-12-the-finale-t5056.htm#70531

And they call PS3 Fanboys asshurt...
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 pm

If the situation was reversed and the 360 won you just know for sure they'd be living it up and sending links to as many people as they could.

Remember when Uncharted 2 won GOTY from just about everyone? The Republic will always try to play down a clear and epic win.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next