Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would "Alan Wake" Have Sold Better on the PlayStation 3?

+21
Franko
MEGAlan
Padders
Gutzahn
KREEPYKRAWLLY
Redn0se
TRF
HellJumper
Zillah
Pizzy3C
BlackStigma
solidstudios
adro
SlySonji™
Reaper
Stoney
NoelX2
AnAsianKid
xxDEATH METALxx
sypro428
CyberpunkCentral
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Would "Alan Wake" Have Sold Better on the PlayStation 3? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would "Alan Wake" Have Sold Better on the PlayStation 3?

Post by SlySonji™ Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Reaper wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:Why would it sell better on a console with less overall gloabl sales :\.

For those saying Alan Wake sold bad, Alan Wake did as well as most PS3 exclusives. So that's a dumb statement.

Thats not a very good way of looking at it. The Xbox 360 has something like 40 million units, that doesnt mean every game will sell well. For example Metro 2033 and Crackdown 2 didnt exactly explode like the Halo or Gears games.

Alan Wake as far as i know hasnt reached 1 million units sold yet, most PS3 exclusives get more than that. But in my opinion i think Alan Wake is the Infamous of the Xbox 360 in that it will take a while to pass a million but it will eventually. You could also argue that MS didnt give enough advertisement to Alan Wake, i certainly didnt see anything on TV for it. I think i got more advertising for Alan Wake from the likes of Jgear4 from youtube.

I did find some humour though that 360 fanboys said PS3 fanboys dont buy their games and then they let Alan Wake fall flat on its face compared to other 360 exclusives.
Rofl Sign

You just reminded me of something. Someone should actually look into this.

Do PS3 exclusives sell better than 360 exclusives on average? Most PS3 exclusives surpass 1 million, but what about 360 exclusives?
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Would "Alan Wake" Have Sold Better on the PlayStation 3? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would "Alan Wake" Have Sold Better on the PlayStation 3?

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 pm

PS3 FANBOYZ ONLY CAREZ ABOUT EXCLUSIVEZ!

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/playstation-3-games-f4/who-saids-ps3-owners-only-care-about-exclusives-t1806.htm?highlight=ps3+owners+don+t
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:18 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:You just reminded me of something. Someone should actually look into this.

Do PS3 exclusives sell better than 360 exclusives on average? Most PS3 exclusives surpass 1 million, but what about 360 exclusives?

PS3 has 17 exclusives over 1 million
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=100&sort=Total

360 has 21 exclusives over 1 million
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?page=1&results=100&name=&console=X360&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=Total

I may have miscounted, I didn't count games like Cod 2 or Most Wanted for 360. Dead or Alive 4 is on page 2. I counted the 360/PC games, hell I'm not even sure if some games are 360 exclusive or console exclusive besides the big ones like Gears, Halo, etc..
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:26 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
Padders wrote:
Zillah wrote:
HellJumper wrote:I dont know what you guys consider to be a quality game but Halo 3 ODST WAS quality.If it wasnt,it wouldnt have gotten the reviews it did.It was close to being AAA.I would call that quality but then again,for so many gamers it has to be AAA or it sucks....
Haha. Even TRF (Who primarily plays the 360) would agree with me when I say, Halo: ODST was one the most garbage thing that was ever put out.
Also, gamers don't say that, fanboys say that. there're MANY good games that don't get good reviews. But hey, it all doesn't matter. As long as you have fun on a game, it's good. Cause that's all what it's about.
Yeah the only reason why people bought that video game just to get the Halo: Reach beta.

HellJumper wrote:Wow,a quality game doesnt need to be a high score.....
Yup ODST... A game I bought brand panking new, returned it one day after. Same goes for Reach.

You've got to be kidding me, I mean I can understand ODST...But Reach? That game is fantastic.

Not his cup of tea?

Whatever, I find that hard to believe.

I mean it's possible that he just doesn't like the Halo series or the FPS genre, but why the hell would he go through 4-5 Halos before he figures out that it's not his thing?

Beats me. Get on the fucking chatbox?
Reach is a game I only do one play through and never play it again. Did have high hopes for it. Theres a few good parts like the space fighter part but soon you got kicked off and head back to mop up duty.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Padders wrote:Reach is a game I only do one play through and never play it again. Did have high hopes for it. Theres a few good parts like the space fighter part but soon you got kicked off and head back to mop up duty.

Did you try firefight, forge, or custom games?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 pm

BS is so sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Is VGChartz your friend???
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Jack-_-Franko wrote:BS is so sadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. Is VGChartz your friend???

Are you stupid?

Let's look at what Sonji posted.
You just reminded me of something. Someone should actually look into this.

He said someone should look into it, so I did. Do you know a better site than VGchartz?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 am

the Fanboy is revealed. that was a simple Troll comment. Laughing

Off Topic Post But VGchartz doesn't Update there Figures.

CC gave Perfect proof of this in that thread called "GT5 Prologue sells over 4 million" where it clearly said it had passed 4 million but you denied that, didn't you and you got the VGchartz figures which were wrong.
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 am

Jack-_-Franko wrote:the Fanboy is revealed. that was a simple Troll comment. Laughing

CC gave Perfect proof of this in that thread called "GT5 Prologue sells over 4 million" where it clearly said it had passed 4 million but you denied that, didn't you and you got the VGchartz figures which were wrong.

...So you broke rule #3?

Those were shipped numbers.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:01 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Jack-_-Franko wrote:the Fanboy is revealed. that was a simple Troll comment. Laughing

...So you broke rule #3?

i knew it would get your attention and no one elses Very Happy
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 am

Jack-_-Franko wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

...So you broke rule #3?

I don't understand what did you accomplish? Sonji asked a question and I answered it. Do you hate me? Crying or Very sad
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:32 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Jack-_-Franko wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

...So you broke rule #3?

I don't understand what did you accomplish? Sonji asked a question and I answered it. Do you hate me? Crying or Very sad

It wasn't a troll attempt. Don't listen to their asshurt.

It's just nice to know that the gap isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be. By the way people talk about it, you would think it was 100's of games away.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Jack-_-Franko wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

...So you broke rule #3?

I don't hate you Sad
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Jack that was no troll attempt, come clean.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 am

Alan Wake would have sold like hot cakes on PS3. PS3 owners want some light since they are in the darrk siidee.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezio Auditore Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 am

overall stupid thread. Alan Wake is an awesome game.
Ezio Auditore
Ezio Auditore
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:51 pm

ODSTRUELZZZZ wrote:overall stupid thread. Alan Wake is an awesome game.

I don't think anyone here is saying otherwise. It's just that it seems the 360 userbase completly slept on it.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:56 pm

alan wake was a flop and a commercial failure and it doesn't matter that much because the gameplay in the game sucked

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm

tahmdick wrote:alan wake was a flop and a commercial failure and it doesn't matter that much because the gameplay in the game sucked

No. Commercial flop, yes. Quality game? without a doubt. And I don't care about "opinions" Laughing
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Stoney wrote:
tahmdick wrote:alan wake was a flop and a commercial failure and it doesn't matter that much because the gameplay in the game sucked

No. Commercial flop, yes. Quality game? without a doubt. And I don't care about "opinions" Laughing
the devs even admiteed they downgraded the gameplay so the frag head fanbase would be able to play

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm

tahmdick wrote:
Stoney wrote:

the devs even admiteed they downgraded the gameplay so the frag head fanbase would be able to play

Yea bullshit. Link please?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Alan_1994 wrote:
tahmdick wrote:
Stoney wrote:

theres no link for bullshit retard, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:21 am

For a book writer. Alan Wake sure knows how to fire a few guns lol. Maybe it would have sold more if they renamed it Action Wake
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:33 pm

tahmdick wrote:
Alan_1994 wrote:
tahmdick wrote:
Stoney wrote:

theres no link for bullshit retard, lol

I really don't like you.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Stoney wrote:

Commercial flop? How can a game be a commercial flop when its FULL OF INGAME COMMERCIALS AND ADS? Gremlin/Freemon
Jamin
Jamin
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next