Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related.

2 posters

Go down

Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related. Empty Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related.

Post by gamer22 Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm

I noticed alot of negative talk abut PS3 sales and in the past I took it at face value. A few things over the past couple of day made me look and do some research on my own. I reference these two articles which reveals Microsoft's and Sony's fiscal report.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Microsoft-40-Million-Xbox-360-units-sold

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m5d13-Sony-reveals-latest-Playstation-3-hardware-sales-data-and-expectations-for-the-next-fiscal-year

Now you'll notice MS and Sony presented their data differently to cater to their strength. MS presented their data based on totals while Sony presented their data by sales of that fiscal year. MS's strength is total numbers. They have more consoles sold in total so that's how they want to present it the public. Sony has been doing better year over year sales. So they want to show how they are selling more consoles per year at a faster rate.

Ultimately what everyone should take are two thing. In March 2007 which ended the 1st fiscal year for Sony and the 2nd fiscal year for MS the totals were

PS3 - 3.5 million

360 - 11.6 million

That's a 8.1 million lead. Fast forward to March 2010 the numbers are now

PS3 - 35.7 million

360 - 40.2 million

The lead has been reduced to 4.5 million. Now here is the real kicker. This last fiscal 360 sold 8.8 million units while PS3 sold 13 million units. That's a difference of 4.2 million in favor of PS3. If PS3 repeats those numbers you could see the gap reduced to 300K give or take by March 2011. Now the real kicker is 360 sales have dropped as compared to the fiscal before that. 360 went from selling 11.1 million units the fiscal before last down to 8.8 million.

This fiscal year will be very interesting with the introduction of Natal and Move.

gamer22
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related. Empty Re: Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related.

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 2:15 pm

i win

Back to top Go down

Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related. Empty Re: Sony Fiscal reports - PS3 hardware sales related.

Post by Reaper Sun May 30, 2010 3:38 pm

The sales argument that 360 fanboys hold so dear is becomming an epic failure just waiting to happen Silly

*enter a 360 fanboy preaching that natal will save teh salez argument*
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down