Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title

+2
xxDEATH METALxx
CyberpunkCentral
6 posters

Go down

Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title Empty Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue May 25, 2010 5:35 pm

INSOMNIAC GAMES SELECTS EA PARTNERS FOR NEW PUBLISHINGAGREEMENT

New Franchise Marks the Independent Studio’s First Multiplatform Release

Redwood Shores, Calif.– May 25, 2010 – Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced a publishing agreement with independent developer Insomniac Games that will bring the studio’s upcoming, all-new franchise to the PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360®️ videogame and entertainment system. This will be the first multiplatform release in Insomniac’s storied 16-year history. Published through the distinguished EA Partners program, the new title will mark the introductionof a brand new universe from Insomniac, creators of the universally-acclaimed Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance franchises that have combined to sell more than 35 million copies worldwide. The still unnamed title is in production at the company’s Burbank studio. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“Working with EA Partners allows us to extend the reach of our games to a multiplatform audience while retaining ownership of the intellectual property,” said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games. “We are excited and eager to introduce Insomniac to a new group of gamers while reinforcing to our loyal fans what makes our games special.”

“This is an exciting day for all of us at EA Partners and for gamers everywhere,” said David DeMartini, Senior Vice President and General Manager of EA Partners. “Insomniac is renowned for their commitment to quality and their ability to create unique, exciting worlds for gamers to explore. We look forward to help them bring their next blockbuster franchise to the millions of diehard Insomniac fans on PlayStation and the soon to be millions of diehard Insomniac fans on Xbox 360.”

Ship timing for the game was not announced.

For more information on Insomniac Games, please visit www.insomniacgames.com
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title Empty Re: Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I think it's one title there making multi-plat. It's good, gives them a chance to expand to the audience, but i wan't to know is if they will still be exclusive to Sony after this???
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title Empty Re: Insomniac's New IP Is A Multi-Platform Title

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue May 25, 2010 6:05 pm

xxDEATH METALxx wrote:I think it's one title there making multi-plat. It's good, gives them a chance to expand to the audience, but i wan't to know is if they will still be exclusive to Sony after this???

CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

My fanboy inside doesn't let me accept this FACT.
Silly
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Tue May 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Price was almost apologizing...
I wonder if they're planning anything 'special' for their new game...
Twisted Evil
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue May 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I suspect this is a move to put pressure on Sony to buy Insomniac..
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Whatever it is they're working on, I want to play it. But yeah, I'm surprised that Sony didn't buy Insomniac years ago.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Same with reaper, they are pressuring sony.

insomniac is a 2nd party amirite?
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Zillah wrote:Same with reaper, they are pressuring sony.

insomniac is a 2nd party amirite?

Insomniac is 3rd party.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed May 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Oh. lol
phail.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down