Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN

5 posters

Go down

Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN Empty Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN

Post by Invincible Fri May 21, 2010 2:27 pm

http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14354736.html

I think the one thing you should take away from this review: Super Mario Galaxy 2 wholly exceeded my expectations. Leading up to the game’s release I hadn’t expected much more than simply “more of the same.” I loved the original Super Mario Galaxy, but the company would have to do something pretty special to really “wow” me.
Consider me “wowed.” Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it’s not a “me too” experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new. New level challenges, new gameplay mechanics, new (and incredible) orchestral pieces. All done up in a package that streamlines the classic Mario experience: a straightforward presentation, a much more intelligent camera system, and a rewarding progression that opens up some seriously devious and fulfilling level challenges.

Mario has always been a universally appealing game design and Nintendo has done an incredible job to make sure its key franchise is just as accessible to gamers of all walks of life. Most of all, Super Mario Galaxy 2 perfectly captures that classic videogame charm, the reason why most of us got into gaming from the start.

10 Presentation
Big and bold, with a progression that's been tightened up and streamlined. This is Mario at its core, and one of the best, if not the best, Nintendo has to offer.

10 Graphics
A testament to the amazing game engine from 2007: it still looks fantastic and beautiful.

10 Sound
A much stronger saturation of "big band" tunes here, and that's just awesome.

10 Gameplay
This is the absolute pinnacle of Mario gameplay: everything that makes a Mario game so incredibly fun is represented here. Both in 2D and 3D.

10 Lasting Appeal
If you just want to get to Bowser you'll be done in a few hours. But if you want to strut your gaming skills you'll be playing this one for weeks.

OVERALL
Masterful
(out of 10)

-------------
Oh snap. Now Nintendo and Sony both have a perfect 10 exclusive from IGN. And I didn't think I could be any more excited for this game.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN Empty Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN

Post by TheStaticFox Fri May 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I wouldn't give lasting a appear in 10 i mean some rpgs dont even get a to and there like 40 hour games but i'm still glad it got a 10.
TheStaticFox
TheStaticFox
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN Empty Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets 10/10 IGN

Post by TRF Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm glad this game is exceeding the first.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Fri May 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Although I'd never play it when my PS3 is available, I wouldn't mind a chance of playing this game.

Also TRF, it seems they changed the pizza.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri May 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:Although I'd never play it when my PS3 is available, I wouldn't mind a chance of playing this game.

Also TRF, it seems they changed the pizza.
At least the pizza is still delicious.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sat May 22, 2010 2:19 am

I'll get this this year if I can.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 2:22 pm

wow nintendo are really raping this gen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down