Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles

+12
Reaper
gamer22
Pizzy3C
CyberpunkCentral
NoelX2
Zillah
BlackStigma
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Angelus the Wraith
TRF
solidstudios
Cool-Guy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles Empty Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles

Post by Cool-Guy Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Every one knows that when the Gta 4 came out it got timed exclusive dlc for the 360 and the thing is nobody really knows how much microsoft paid for the dlc, it was thought to of been 50 million dollars but that was actually a down payment so they paid more then that.
And a lot of people think that the reason the gta franchise came to the 360 was to make more money but in actuality they didn't do that.
Microsoft paid 75 million dollars to put gta 4 on their console.
But Rockstar owes sony two exclusive titles and what im thinking about is that microsoft gave rockstar mabye like 125 million dollars in total for gta 4, and it takes about 50 million dollars to make a AAA title so there 2 AAA titles for sony right there so what i think is that rockstar are using the money from microsoft to make these new games. we can expect to see gameplay of agent at e3 and mabye gta 5 exclusiveley for the ps3
Cool-Guy
Cool-Guy
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles Empty Re: Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles

Post by solidstudios Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm

i doubt gta 5 will be exclusive. has GTA ever been exclusive?
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles Empty Re: Rockstar Games owes Sony two exclusive titles

Post by TRF Mon May 17, 2010 9:17 pm

solidstudios wrote:i doubt gta 5 will be exclusive. has GTA ever been exclusive?
No. Even when it was only on the Playstation consoles, it was still on PC.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Even if GTA5 were exclusive, I wouldn't buy it.
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by King_Stizzle_LMFAO Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 pm

I don't care if RockStar starts making exclusive games for either consoles, as long as they keep making GTA lolz, but if GTA5 was exclusive it would be big as hell and the graphics would be killer.....(CryTek should lend RockStar their graphics engine)
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
King_Stizzle_LMFAO
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 pm

They don't make exclusives. They will probably announce Agent multi sooner or later, and their games sell better on the 360 anyways. They don't owe Sony anything and they wouldn't purposely cut their potential profits by more than a half.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 pm

BlackStigma wrote:They don't make exclusives. They will probably announce Agent multi sooner or later, and their games sell better on the 360 anyways. They don't owe Sony anything and they wouldn't purposely cut their potential profits by more than a half.

Actually, Sony is making profit now .

So...yeah
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-Guy Thu May 20, 2010 7:52 pm

BlackStigma wrote:They don't make exclusives. They will probably announce Agent multi sooner or later, and their games sell better on the 360 anyways. They don't owe Sony anything and they wouldn't purposely cut their potential profits by more than a half.

Agent coming to the 360? you fanboys keep dreaming
Cool-Guy
Cool-Guy
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 pm

I don't think GTA 5 will be an exclusive. That is what all fanboys want.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Zillah wrote:

Actually, Sony is making profit now .

So...yeah

I wasn't talking about Sony I was talking about how Rockstar makes more money as they sell more copies of games on 360 than PS3. GTA IV sold more than a million copies on the 360 than on the PS3. Thus making GTA5 a PS3 exclusive would be a very poor decision for a multiplatform developer. It's very unlikely.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Cool-Guy wrote:

So says the kids who think GTA5 will be a PS3 exclusive. And I said probably. I'm not being a fanboy, I'm being logical. Why would Rockstar rule out a market in which they make a higher profit from than the other?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-Guy Fri May 21, 2010 6:42 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Cool-Guy wrote:

So says the kids who think GTA5 will be a PS3 exclusive. And I said probably. I'm not being a fanboy, I'm being logical. Why would Rockstar rule out a market in which they make a higher profit from than the other?

I actually was using gta5 as a guess, i don't seriously believe that rockstar are going to make it exclusive to ps3 when they can limit and degrade it by bringing it the 360 and making more money just so that money can go to agent and that other ps3 exclusive. And the reason for this post was to see what this new game could be but every one kind of ignored that and went on talking about gta5
Cool-Guy
Cool-Guy
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Cool-Guy wrote:limit and degrade it by bringing it the 360

lulz.

First that's incorrect. Second Rockstar is a multiplatform developer. They like money, They aren't sony fanboys. The odds of them developing a PS3 exclusive isn't very likely. Not to mention that their games sell LESS copies on the PS3 than 360. And Third, Agent has only been announced for PS3. They didn't come out and say it would be exclusive to the PS3. Take a look at L.A. Noire, the supposed "PS3 exclusive" went multiplatform. Fifth, Rockstar doesn't owe Sony anything.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sat May 22, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Errors)
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 pm

You guys don't allow, and BITCH about when fanboys go to the republic and defend the triple, so why come here and do the same?

we aren't gonna ban you though, seeing, we aren't sensitive.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Fri May 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Zillah wrote:You guys don't allow, and BITCH about when fanboys go to the republic and defend the triple, so why come here and do the same?

BlackStigma has a point though. Rockstar has never made an exclusive game for one console before.

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral on Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 12:01 am

Zillah wrote:You guys don't allow, and BITCH about when fanboys go to the republic and defend the triple, so why come here and do the same?

Actually no, we let DaveSGE aka "The dean of Playstation University" comment as much as he wanted to. There's also been others that we let on there because their posts are funny.

And I wasn't defending the 360 at all, I'm just saying that his basis on how Rockstar should make 2 PS3 exclusives is illogical.

But okay, I'll stop here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Okay I defended the 360 once, but all I said was that he was wrong. But yeah anyways I'll drop the subject.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat May 22, 2010 1:21 am

Well i think we should let gamers defend the Xbox 360 here in the Nation. As long as they don't bring up PS3 is dead last bullshit or some shit like that. If we don't want to be as sensitive as the Republic then were going to have to do so. We have to remember that some of these gamers are also multi-console owners. They may love the Xbox 360, but the also love the PS3. Their just giving their opinion, their not here to troll. But to the Republic it's all the same.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat May 22, 2010 2:39 am

Maybe it'll be GTA4 The Good Version, and a re-release of San Andreas, cuz that would be boss on a PS3[b][i]
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Sat May 22, 2010 2:41 am

Pizzy3C wrote:A re-release of San Andreas, cuz that would be boss on a PS3[b][i]

According to the ESRB website, San Andreas is a rated AO game. No company wants a game like that on their console.

Link:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp
Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:Well i think we should let gamers defend the Xbox 360 here in the Nation. As long as they don't bring up PS3 is dead last bullshit or some shit like that. If we don't want to be as sensitive as the Republic then were going to have to do so. We have to remember that some of these gamers are also multi-console owners. They may love the Xbox 360, but the also love the PS3. Their just giving their opinion, their not here to troll. But to the Republic it's all the same.

It was a zero tolerance policy, look at the front page where it says "Most users ever online was 456". That's because some kids at some 4chan forum organized a troll attack of about 400 people so trolls or suspicious people would usually get banned. However Mods are much more lenient now because of flood control and limit to 1 account per IP a day. It's a pain in the ass to troll on there lol. Why do you hate the XBR so much?
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat May 22, 2010 4:34 am

BlackStigma wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:Well i think we should let gamers defend the Xbox 360 here in the Nation. As long as they don't bring up PS3 is dead last bullshit or some shit like that. If we don't want to be as sensitive as the Republic then were going to have to do so. We have to remember that some of these gamers are also multi-console owners. They may love the Xbox 360, but the also love the PS3. Their just giving their opinion, their not here to troll. But to the Republic it's all the same.

It was a zero tolerance policy, look at the front page where it says "Most users ever online was 456". That's because some kids at some 4chan forum organized a troll attack of about 400 people so trolls or suspicious people would usually get banned. However Mods are much more lenient now because of flood control and limit to 1 account per IP a day. It's a pain in the ass to troll on there lol. Why do you hate the XBR so much?

Because they can't tell the deference between a fanboy and a person who perfers PS3 more. I understand the Republic gets trolls, but not everybody who defends the PS3 is a fanboy. There are other reasons, but so far that's the main reason why i don't like the Republic.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 4:42 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:Because they can't tell the deference between a fanboy and a person who perfers PS3 more. I understand the Republic gets trolls, but not everybody who defends the PS3 is a fanboy.

I see but that was a while back. The mods don't really care anymore unless you do direct attacks at 360 or preach about PS3 everywhere because trolls are far and few now. There's even been a Sony section added to it.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat May 22, 2010 4:49 am

BlackStigma wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:Because they can't tell the deference between a fanboy and a person who perfers PS3 more. I understand the Republic gets trolls, but not everybody who defends the PS3 is a fanboy.

I see but that was a while back. The mods don't really care anymore unless you do direct attacks at 360 or preach about PS3 everywhere because trolls are far and few now. There's even been a Sony section added to it.

The Mods probably care less now yes, but they still banned anybody who defends the PS3, even when they're just giving opinions or posting a simple fact.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Sat May 22, 2010 4:56 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:The Mods probably care less now yes, but they still banned anybody who defends the PS3, even when they're just giving opinions or posting a simple fact.

Well I have to disagree but if that's the way you feel about it then there's nothing I can do. When someone believes something you probably won't be able to change it over text. Whatever though we're getting far off topic, and I don't feel like getting in trouble again.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 am

BlackStigma wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:The Mods probably care less now yes, but they still banned anybody who defends the PS3, even when they're just giving opinions or posting a simple fact.

Well I have to disagree but if that's the way you feel about it then there's nothing I can do. When someone believes something you probably won't be able to change it over text. Whatever though we're getting far off topic, and I don't feel like getting in trouble again.

You're not in "trouble"?!

lol . iWas just stating the fact.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next