Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions

+6
EvilMrChicken
TRF
solidstudios
Zillah
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Invincible
10 posters

Go down

3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Empty 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions

Post by Invincible Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm

I only got to play for an hour and a half before my controller started to die. It really makes you realize how modern games hold your hand and guide you through everything. In 3DDGH I've already found myself in those "what do I do now" old Zelda moments. It's almost exactly like Zelda too except you seem to get items a lot quicker. In the first 20 minutes I already acquired the speed boots. Now I'm looking for the bombs. It looks like I won't be able to get to the second temple without them.

But yeah, so far I'm loving the gameplay and the graphic style. For only $40, everyone should give it a try...especially those who grew up on retro games.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Empty Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Tue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm

I would probably buy it.. The game to me is crying DLC, looks fantastic to me but, I wont be getting it unless I see a PSN release Silly
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Empty Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions

Post by Zillah Tue May 11, 2010 7:25 pm

mikenuge wrote:I would probably buy it.. The game to me is crying DLC, looks fantastic to me but, I wont be getting it unless I see a PSN release Silly

it's 40 . -_-

if it's 40 in PSN, IT'S STILL 40 .

and in pounds, they RAPE ya'll on prices .
be lucky .
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TWILIGHTRULEZZZ Tue May 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Zillah. wrote:
mikenuge wrote:I would probably buy it.. The game to me is crying DLC, looks fantastic to me but, I wont be getting it unless I see a PSN release Silly

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .

Is this on the PSN store though ?
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 pm

mikenuge wrote:
Zillah. wrote:

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .

no its not on the psn store. anyway, this game JUST SCREAMS fun to me. i love zelda so im going to get this soon
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm

mikenuge wrote:
Zillah. wrote:

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .

No, it's a budget title. $39.99 USD
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue May 11, 2010 11:23 pm

I pretty much have no interest in this game 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Affraid
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:I pretty much have no interest in this game 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Affraid

You didn't like the old zelda . iCame to this conclusion . Very Happy
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Zillah. wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:I pretty much have no interest in this game 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Affraid

You didn't like the old zelda . iCame to this conclusion . Very Happy

I'm not THAT INTO cartoonish games, only the ones that really stand out
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 pm

The game doesn't look half bad, and the advertising for the game is hilarious.

TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 am

TRF wrote:
mikenuge wrote:
Zillah. wrote:
mikenuge wrote:I would probably buy it.. The game to me is crying DLC, looks fantastic to me but, I wont be getting it unless I see a PSN release 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Icon_razz

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .

Dont matter if its just 40 bucks in the US...in the UK we get totally raped with game prices....if they actually followed exchange rates for prices in the USA you would be paying like 70 bucks for some games
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 am

Reaper wrote:
TRF wrote:
mikenuge wrote:
Zillah. wrote:
mikenuge wrote:I would probably buy it.. The game to me is crying DLC, looks fantastic to me but, I wont be getting it unless I see a PSN release 3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Icon_razz

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .

Dont matter if its just 40 bucks in the US...in the UK we get totally raped with game prices....if they actually followed exchange rates for prices in the USA you would be paying like 70 bucks for some games
I know. I don't complain about prices of games anymore. I remember another thread about this game on another forum, and one of the Australian members was like, "Sweet, it looks like it'll be only $100." And I was like "Daaaaaaaaaamn."
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

im getting this on friday, it looks quite amazing.
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 pm

This is a true retro game. I'm already stuck after the first grass temple. I need either a grappling hook or bombs and I can't find either.

Can anyone find a walkthrough?

EDIT: Found and completed the forest temple. Got the bombs and now and on my way east to the desert temple. Pretty sure I'll get the grappling hook there. You really have to get into it and explore every nook and cranny. Just like the good ol' days. It's great. I'm using the red eye spider as my character that was posted on their website. It looks freaking awesome. Very Happy

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/index.html
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Fri May 14, 2010 2:05 am

Completed the Desert Temple. Got the grappling hook so now it's time to do some more explorin'.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus the Wraith Fri May 14, 2010 2:26 am

TRF wrote:

Angelus the Wraith
Angelus the Wraith
PS3 Nation Greats

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Fri May 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
TRF wrote:

3D Dot Game Heroes first impressions Thats_the_joke
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 pm

this game is awesome. i got it today and im up to the 3rd dungeon and i love every minute of it
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Y.Master Sat May 15, 2010 3:07 am

Zillah wrote:

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .
LMFAO!!!! why the hell would u buy it on psn if a game is on PSN it will always be the MSRB price and that will never drop, why dont u go to gamestop they may have a deal on it or better yet BUY IT USED FOR EVEN CHEAPER idiot!!! LOL
Y.Master
Y.Master
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 pm

YGT wrote:
Zillah wrote:

it's 40 . -_-

be lucky .
LMFAO!!!! why the hell would u buy it on psn if a game is on PSN it will always be the MSRB price and that will never drop, why dont u go to gamestop they may have a deal on it or better yet BUY IT USED FOR EVEN CHEAPER idiot!!! LOL

PSN games drop in price and go on sale all the time.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 pm

But, you can get disc used, or on ebay, amazon cheaper .
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down