Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2

+7
MEGAlan
Gutzahn
adro
Teckno
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
Zillah
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LBP2 Vs. ME2

Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap58%Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2

Post by Zillah Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 pm

The platforming is shit in LBP? Yeah right.
Some people don't like the "floaty" jumps, but that's OPINION.
Jeez.

It's not this serious guys. Calm the fuckity mcfuck DOWN.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 Vs. Little Big Planet 2

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Zillah wrote:The platforming is shit in LBP? Yeah right.
Jeez.

No, it's not just the floatiness. Sometimes you overjump things because of the platforming. The platforming is literally broken.

@ CC, yeah. I then remember you clearing it to hide your failures as soon as everyone joined:roll:
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
Jeez.

No, it's not just the floatiness. Sometimes you overjump things because of the platforming. The platforming is literally broken.

@ CC, yeah. I then remember you clearing it to hide your failures as soon as everyone joined:roll:

if it is broken, then how come the reviews don't talk about it?

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 am

The platforming is pretty lousy in LittleBigPlanet. Still, the level design is great and the poor platforming and wonky 2.5D plane jumping doesn't make the game any less fun.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
Jeez.

Sorry for not agreeing with what critics have to say officer.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 am

chobo500 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Jeez.

They do. They say it's shit.

@ CC, this isn't about the critics. You just don't know what you're talking about.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:55 am

SlySonji™ wrote:They do. They say it's shit.

@ CC, this isn't about the critics. You just don't know what you're talking about.

Shit or not, I still like the gameplay.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Jeez.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/919/919111p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/littlebigplanet/review.html

neither of these reviews said anything about the platforming being shit.

though GameSpot did comment that the platforming wasn't anything innovative, that doesn't mean it's shit.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 am

chobo500 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
Jeez.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/919/919111p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/littlebigplanet/review.html

neither of these reviews said anything about the platforming being shit.

though GameSpot did comment that the platforming wasn't anything innovative, that doesn't mean it's shit.

The platforming in LBP1 was shit (as said by reviewers). The platforming is the SAME in LBP2. That is proven.

Also, why do you think the score is a 92 and not higher?

'Xactly.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:01 am

92 = Bad Game in Sonji's opinion.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 am

Zillah wrote:92 = Bad Game in Sonji's opinion.

I didn't say it was a bad game. I said the platforming was bad.

The game is great, no doubt. I'm buying the game. I just think you should get Mass Effect 2 for immersion purposes.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 am

SlySonji™ wrote:

The platforming in LBP1 was shit (as said by reviewers). The platforming is the SAME in LBP2. That is proven.

'Xactly.

I just pointed out 2 reviews from 2 major gaming websites that didn't say anything about the platforming being shit.

they don't think so, I don't think so, CC doesn't, and Zillah doesn't. only you Sonji, think so.

P.S: it's just a score. Why didn't Halo Reach score higher then Halo 3 when Reach is vastly superior? you can't always go by the score.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 am

chobo500 wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:

'Xactly.

I just pointed out 2 reviews from 2 major gaming websites that didn't say anything about the platforming being shit.

they don't think so, I don't think so, CC doesn't, and Zillah doesn't. only you Sonji, think so.

P.S: it's just a score. Why didn't Halo Reach score higher then Halo 3 when Reach is vastly superior? you can't always go by the score.

''The platforming has gotten a bit better, but it still isn't great.'' - Game Informer

You can look for it, if you want, (I know some members on here get Game Informer mags monthly so they can check and confirm this statement.)

''Overly floaty physics still pervade the story mode, however, which makes the platforming significantly less precise than your average Mario'' - Game Revolution

''The sequel still boasts the same issues as the original title, chief among them a rather weak platforming element.'' - Destructoid

''It’s still floaty platforming with slightly wonky controls and I’m not sure we can over look these faults for the sake of a few new innovations.'' - IncGamers

''Strip away the relentless good looks and the generous open-source playpen, and the bare, underlying platformer's shortcomings may hold it back from classic status. '' - Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-04-littlebigplanet-2-review

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1132/littlebigplanet-2-review

http://www.destructoid.com/review-littlebigplanet-2-191208.phtml

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ps3/little-big-planet-2

Check & Mate
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 am

Hmmmm...... let's see:

Game informer didn't say the platforming was shit, but it was OK.

Destructoid: ROFL

the other 3 I can't comment.

All I have left to say is it can't be proven wrong FACTUALLY. it's all a matter of OPINIONS.

Some people like the platforming, some don't. Deal with it.

Last edited by chobo500 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am

chobo500 wrote:Hmmmm...... let's see:

the other 2 I can't comment.

I admit, Destructoid is pretty sad, but other critics seem to agree. Even major ones like Eurogamer (just so you don't say that these are 'underground' critics.)
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 am

SlySonji™️ wrote:
chobo500 wrote:Hmmmm...... let's see:

the other 2 I can't comment.

I admit, Destructoid is pretty sad, but other critics seem to agree. Even major ones like Eurogamer (just so you don't say that these are 'underground' critics.)

read my edited statement.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 am

According to Roger Ebert, video games are not art. So he must be legit.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 am

CyberpunkCentral wrote:According to Roger Ebert, video games are not art. So he must be legit.

That is an opinion.

You can factually prove when something is broken.

/End
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:03 am

SlySonji™ wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:According to Roger Ebert, video games are not art. So he must be legit.

That is an opinion.

You can factually prove when something is broken.

/End

The critics didn't say it's broken. They just don't like the platforming. Which is an OPINION aswell.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 am

The jumping mechanics feel similiar to those in trine, because they are physic based platformers. You cant make a good physic based platformer, with a mario like jump mechanic to it.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 am

Gutzahn wrote:The jumping mechanics feel similiar to those in trine, because they are physic based platformers. You cant make a good physic based platformer, with a mario like jump mechanic to it.
Well then LittleBigPlanet is the worst example of a physics-based platformer.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:44 pm

TRF wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:The jumping mechanics feel similiar to those in trine, because they are physic based platformers. You cant make a good physic based platformer, with a mario like jump mechanic to it.
Well then LittleBigPlanet is the worst example of a physics-based platformer.
:<: FUck Off keep talking Meh
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 am

This topic has gotten out of hand.

Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 are virtually incomparable. They are 2 different genres. If you enjoy amazing action shooter/RPG then get ME2, if you enjoy platformers and games with great creation tools then get LBP2. If you want both and can only get one then just go with whatever you feel you will be playing the longest.

I'm biased since Mass Effect is my favorite game series this generation, so I'm not the best person to ask. But look at it this way. ME2 for PS3 and ME3 are coming out in the same year. Mass Effect 2 for PS3 is at an absurdly high price for a game that came out a year ago (and is 20 bucks on 360/PC). Since both ME2 and ME3 are releasing in the same year for the PS3 it is safe to say ME2 will drop down in price substantially in a matter of months. Not only that, if you play ME2 closer to ME3's release date you will be uberly psyched for ME3.

Best scenario/conclusion: Get LBP2 now and ME2 later for a cheaper price assuming you can only have access to the PS3 version.

/thread.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I rented ME2 from gamefy and bought the collectors of LBP from amazon. cant beat being able to get both Smile
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenbloke Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 pm

I'd buy lbp2 if I 1 had the cash 2 had the time 3 if I did'nt have five other games whating to get played but I just don't fancy Mass 2 nothing bad it just dus not grab me.
Zenbloke
Zenbloke
Fanboy

http://dances-with-trousers.cabanova.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next