Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port

+15
CernaML
TRF
AndrejTheReviewer
MEGAlan
Reaper
Pizzy3C
BlackStigma
Teckno
SlySonji™
Gutzahn
adro
TheJubJub5721
Zillah
Padders
CyberpunkCentral
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port Empty "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:45 am

"Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port Mass-effect-2-cover

Bioware has revealed that Mass Effect 2 is likely to see some "visual changes" on PS3 - and will "play differently" to the 360 version of the game.

The game, which will be released on Sony's console in February next year, will include a yet-to-be-detailed intro, which will allow PS3 owners to catch up on Mass Effect 1's story.

Bioware founder Greg Zeschuk told PSM3 that the studio has had to tackle a graphical processor which is "all different" on PS3.

When asked what PS3 brought to Mass Effect that 360 couldn't, Zeschuck said:

"The important thing is that, fundamentally, [PS3] has a very different architecture. Visually, there are probably some changes - I mean, there are differences in the way the memory is allocated, and the graphical processor is all different.

"We're not going to get pulled into the argument over which is the more powerful; at the end of the day, they both are, and we can do whatever we want on them. When you create games, you want as many people as possible to play them, so this is a great opportunity to reach a huge segment of the market.

He added: "It think it will play a little differently. I mean, right from the start, you have a different controller, and that alone will change the way the game feels."

Source: CVG
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

"Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port Empty Re: "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port

Post by Padders Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 am

It's good to see that Bioware is going to be working hard on the Playstation 3 version.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

"Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port Empty Re: "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Will NOT Just Be Another Cash-In Port

Post by Zillah Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am

I just liked this Dev. Lol.
To show that they will work on a signle game that should just be a simple port, means something.

Kudos Bioware, Major Kudos.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Bioware, my personal favorite dev. If it was anyone else, it would probably be a sloppy port. I still wish that ME1 was going with it, it was better than ME2 IMO
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote: I still wish that ME1 was going with it, it was better than ME2 IMO

Please...J-Just kill yourself.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Zillah wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote: I still wish that ME1 was going with it, it was better than ME2 IMO

i was going to say the same thing (kinda...)
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Bioware just climbed up the ranking ladder of my favorite devs a bit.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Zillah wrote:

oh, you have played both of them? Fully through?
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Saying that you have to play a game to judge it is a load of donkey bollocks. We are gamers. We should be able to judge the game before we buy it.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Saying that you have to play a game to judge it is a load of donkey bollocks. We are gamers. We should be able to judge the game before we buy it.

You can judge them, but you cannot accurately say that one is better than another.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Actually, I touched the first one and actually got to really play the second one. YOU JUDGE PS3 GAMES ALL THE TIME! -_-
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Zillah wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

Actually, I touched the first one and actually got to really play the second one. YOU JUDGE PS3 GAMES ALL THE TIME! -_-

The PS3 games I judge I have owned...
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:06 pm

SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

That doesn't make sense.. Of course you can judge it, but not accurately.
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Teckno wrote:
SlySonji™ wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah wrote:

That doesn't make sense.. Of course you can judge it, but not accurately.

Exactly what I said! THANK YOU!
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Zillah wrote:

ME2 had better gameplay, ME1 had a better Story line. ME1 was an action RPG. ME2 is a third person shooter with RPG elements. I thought ME1 was better too.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:34 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Zillah wrote:

ME2 had better gameplay, ME1 had a better Story line. ME1 was an action RPG. ME2 is a third person shooter with RPG elements. I thought ME1 was better too.

ME1 was boring as hell.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 pm

adro wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Zillah wrote:

ME1 was boring as hell.

No you just have bad taste. I beat ME1 5 times, I only went through ME2 once.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
adro wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Zillah wrote:

ME1 was boring as hell.

Yeah, ME1 was a more fun for me. Amazing story and such. I am on my 3rd play through, and only 1 ME2.
TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:05 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
adro wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Zillah wrote:

ME1 was boring as hell.

ME1 gameplay sucked, it was boring and i'm defently not the only one who thinks that, the story was good. i'm not saying the game is bad, but it's boring.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 am

ME2 was a RPG. -_-
Since I could give two donkey shits about story, ME2 was more fun.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:42 am

Zillah wrote:ME2 was a RPG. -_-
Since I could give two donkey shits about story, ME2 was more fun.

It had almost all it's RPG features except for dialog choses stripped away. In ME2 there were like 3 different handguns, in ME1 there were like 100. Rolling Eyes You couldn't customize the guns with upgrades in ME2 either. In ME1 there were dozens to choose from, if you included the higher rankings ones then hundreds. It's still a good game no doubt, but it's not a true RPG, and it's not better than ME1. If you give two donkey shits about story then you shouldn't buy ME2 to begin with. It's story is nowhere near as good as ME1, but it's still worlds beyond other games, and even though 3X more combat oriented than ME1, it still has nowhere near as much combat as other games.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:43 am

Not a true RPG?
A RPG = A RPG. Suspect

It's better than ME1. Why? Cause it's my opinion.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:45 am

Zillah wrote:Not a true RPG?
A RPG = A RPG. Suspect

It's better than ME1. Why? Cause it's my opinion.

Damn you reply way too fast, I just edited my other post. Yes it's like FFXIII, a stripped down RPG. You know what I mean, so don't take it literally.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJubJub5721 Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:52 am

Zillah wrote:It's better than ME1. Why? Cause it's my opinion.

Ohh, it's your opinion? ok, so you don't want us to judge your opinion? Then don't judge mine.

Zillah wrote:Please...J-Just kill yourself.

TheJubJub5721
TheJubJub5721
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Padders Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 am

The game is an Action RPG like Borderlands.
Padders
Padders
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next