Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme]

3 posters

Go down

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme] Empty You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme]

Post by NIVÆL Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 am

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding

Girl gamers do exist. I wrote an editorial some time ago entitled, Is The Girl Gamer A Myth? and after the massive influx of e-mails in my inbox disabusing me of such an absurd motion, I was forced to issue a follow-up article citing many of the responses.

However, at the time, I noticed a recurring theme in those responses and ever since, that theme has become more obvious. Girl gamers are out there and many of them are probably playing online with you...but you might not ever know it. Why? Because the maturity level of too many gamers is below that of an infant. Has anyone been in PlayStation Home if someone is wandering around with a female avatar? How many times did I hear a girl gamer say they play shooters all the time, but never with a microphone, because it would become an unbearable experience? Some of those gals are just plain unapologetic; they're out there, and they're gonna kick your ass if you've got a problem with it.

But most, I've found, aren't like that at all. Whether it's because older gamers can scarcely believe any normal female would play video games, or because the younger crowd hurl insults while hiding behind the veil of anonymity, many females who indulge in the hobby prefer to stay out of sight (and out of ear). Some don't even like the idea of going into GameStop; if the girl is even remotely attractive, they're creeped out in minutes if a certain clientele happens to be in the store. Things aren't any better in online communities; that veil of anonymity once again causes all sorts of problems, and again, I've heard of many a girl gamer hiding their gender when posting in game forums. This is not a good sign. Immaturity and video games have been linked together for a very long time - a common stereotype - and this really isn't helping.

Oh, they're out there, all right. But you'll probably never see one, because she's either disgusted or freaked out whenever that fact becomes public knowledge. So maybe the best indicator of an audience that is finally grown up arrives when girls don't have to tolerate our adolescent bullsh**. Wonder when that will be?

12/3/2010 9:14:13 PM Ben Dutka
NIVÆL
NIVÆL
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme] Empty Re: You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme]

Post by CyberpunkCentral Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:03 pm

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme] Polls_gamer_girls_do_exist_1241_567944_answer_4_xlarge
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme] Empty Re: You Won't Find Girl Gamers Because They're Hiding [PSXExtreme]

Post by Invincible Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:32 pm

LOL my girlfriend has dark hair and glasses too. But she's way hotter then any of those chicks.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down