Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX?

+8
BlackStigma
SlySonji™
Zillah
Teckno
solidstudios
CyberpunkCentral
TRF
EvilMrChicken
12 posters

Go down

Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX? Empty Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX?

Post by EvilMrChicken Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 am

Soooo, Why would there old school gamers on the ps3/360? when the wii has the virtual console.
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX? Empty Re: Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX?

Post by TRF Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:14 am

Because the 360 has Paperboy, and it has ACHIEVEMENTS, oooooooooh. Maybe it's because old-school gamers like new games as well.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 am

Because i like to try out new things. Maybe next-gen i'm going to buy a Nintendo console and play old-school games. I'm still going to buy a PS4 though Smile
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:41 am

because you can also buy some retro games on those consoles as well Facepalm
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 am

solidstudios wrote:because you can also buy some retro games on those consoles as well Facepalm

games like donkey kong and zelda
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 am

I don't really see any hardcore old school gamers on the PS3 and Xbox. Where did you get this from?

Last edited by Teckno on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 am

Actually, I never see old school gamers on the Wii.
Because, look at the Wii:

Sure they like old school games but the Wii is ran-over by kiddy games.
They don't bother to look at the Virtual Console or any kind of Software on the Wii.
No, they see the various party games and get a PS3/360 because of the games they can play on the other 2 cause it's more "hardcore".

You can't get mad at them though.

Btw, the PS3 has some old school hardcore games.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 am

Castlevania Symphony of the Night! =3
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 am

Sonji wrote:Castlevania Symphony of the Night! =3

Hell yeah. that game is gold.

Castlevania Chronicles, MANY of the PS1 games.
Mortal Kombat II also.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am

EvilMrChicken wrote:
solidstudios wrote:because you can also buy some retro games on those consoles as well Facepalm

games like donkey kong and zelda
no i meant they're probably on there because they can play alot of old school games, plus alot more quality games too. not saying the wii doesn't have quality games, but the 360 and ps3 have MORE quality titles IMO
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStigma Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Well the best old schools games get put on XBL and PSN, so it makes perfect sense. I mean there's Castlevania, Gunstar heroes, Frogger, Banjo and Kazooie, Street Fighter, Doom, Mortal Combat, etc. And there are some old school type games like Megaman 9 or 10 put on XBL and PSN as well.
BlackStigma
BlackStigma
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 pm

the virtual console is a godsend for old school gamers on the wii, like street fighter, link to the past, super mario bros.! and in the future, I can't see how there will be old school gamers on the ps3/xbox when kirby epic yarn, donkey kong, golden eye, METROID comes out
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by xxDEATH METALxx Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Most games on the wii are aimed at kids, and there are many old titles on XBL Arcade and PSN with better graphics, Achievements and Trophies. And possibly because of the controllers.
xxDEATH METALxx
xxDEATH METALxx
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:30 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:the virtual console is a godsend for old school gamers on the wii, like street fighter, link to the past, super mario bros.! and in the future, I can't see how there will be old school gamers on the ps3/xbox when kirby epic yarn, donkey kong, golden eye, METROID comes out

so your saying old school gamers only exist because of the nintendo series? what about the ps1, orginal xbox? I have wii and ps3. I dont have many ps1 games but I have a few.....ad I have a few old school games on the wii but no way would that be my decision in what console I have. Downloadable games are just nice bonus's to have in my opinon. Then you bring up well old school gamers will jump to the wii once kirby epic yarn, the new donkey kong country , golden eye, and metroid come out. Doubt it you may see a slight boost with Goldeneye but the other one's not so much, and more importantly most old school gamers still have their old school systems so when they want to play old games they just turn on the old nes/gamecube/n64 etc and have their old school games.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:50 pm

AlliDfense wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:the virtual console is a godsend for old school gamers on the wii, like street fighter, link to the past, super mario bros.! and in the future, I can't see how there will be old school gamers on the ps3/xbox when kirby epic yarn, donkey kong, golden eye, METROID comes out

so your saying old school gamers only exist because of the nintendo series? what about the ps1, orginal xbox? I have wii and ps3. I dont have many ps1 games but I have a few.....ad I have a few old school games on the wii but no way would that be my decision in what console I have. Downloadable games are just nice bonus's to have in my opinon. Then you bring up well old school gamers will jump to the wii once kirby epic yarn, the new donkey kong country , golden eye, and metroid come out. Doubt it you may see a slight boost with Goldeneye but the other one's not so much, and more importantly most old school gamers still have their old school systems so when they want to play old games they just turn on the old nes/gamecube/n64 etc and have their old school games.

OLD SCHOOL, nes, snes, genesis. If I'm correct, Zillah was born during the PS1, 64 era, I bet almost no one will call zillah and old school gamer etc.
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 pm

You are an old school gamer IF you were alive in

JUNE 23, 1991.

SONIC BIZZNITCH.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:06 am

EvilMrChicken wrote:
AlliDfense wrote:

OLD SCHOOL, nes, snes, genesis. If I'm correct, Zillah was born during the PS1, 64 era, I bet almost no one will call zillah and old school gamer etc.

Maybe.
But, you are just saying it as:
"Nintendo has the old school games, why are majority/all old school gamers on PS3 and 360?"
Because they aren't playing a gaming system to play games they had 10 years ago. =/
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 am

ʑɪʃʃȺɧ wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:
AlliDfense wrote:

Maybe.
"Nintendo has the old school games, why are majority/all old school gamers on PS3 and 360?"
Because they aren't playing a gaming system to play games they had 10 years ago. =/

Old School gamers would play games they loved back then, the wii has em all...well, 1/4 of it Silly
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AlliDfense Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:45 pm

ʑɪʃʃȺɧ wrote:
EvilMrChicken wrote:
AlliDfense wrote:

Maybe.

exactly.
AlliDfense
AlliDfense
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeConsoleWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 am

Because us old school gamers grew up. I was raised on NES and I still love the old classics on the virtual console, but I also want to play the new hot games you can only get on PS3/360.

Even if you're a dinosaur stuck in the past, you still need PS3 to play 3D Dot Game Heroes. Nice!
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 am

One of my favourite multi-player games as a kid was....

Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX? Totcarn1

Played it for hours on end in my buddys house.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 am

Never played it, but it looks awesome!

SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:One of my favourite multi-player games as a kid was....

Old School Gamers on PS3/XBOX? Totcarn1

Played it for hours on end in my buddys house.

Never heard of it. Was it SNES?
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:55 am

Yes it was on the SNES. The only two player footage I can find though is a Gamecube one.