Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Gran Turismo 5" Reviews!

+15
Ezio Auditore
Timmy
BlackStigma
Zillah
Pizzy3C
Franko
CernaML
TWILIGHTRULEZZZ
Epzaos
MEGAlan
Gutzahn
TRF
Stoney
SlySonji™
CyberpunkCentral
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Gran Turismo 5" Reviews! - Page 2 Empty Re: "Gran Turismo 5" Reviews!

Post by adro Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 am

TRF wrote:
I see anything scoring 5 and under being bad. 6 is meh. 7 is decent/good. 8 is good/great. 9 is great. 10 is a masterpiece.

But yeah, people seem to think that only AAA games are good. AA and A still have the letter "A" in them, you know.

well that's the thing no one is saying the game is bad, but it's expected to be great (9-10).
personnaly I think if it didn't reach the "AAA" (wich i think it will), it mainly because most people expected something... i don't know... something very big, Alot.
for exemple some reviewer criticise how the driving is juste like all the other GT, WTF where they expecting expecting.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:44 pm

adro wrote:
TRF wrote:
I see anything scoring 5 and under being bad. 6 is meh. 7 is decent/good. 8 is good/great. 9 is great. 10 is a masterpiece.

But yeah, people seem to think that only AAA games are good. AA and A still have the letter "A" in them, you know.

well that's the thing no one is saying the game is bad, but it's expected to be great (9-10).
personnaly I think if it didn't reach the "AAA" (wich i think it will), it mainly because most people expected something... i don't know... something very big, Alot.
for exemple some reviewer criticise how the driving is juste like all the other GT, WTF where they expecting expecting.

He was talking about the driving physics.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Invincible Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:52 pm

It's at 87 now. Just wait for some people to actually play the game and it will score in the 90's. A lot of these reviews are obviously rushed. There's no way you can review a game like GT5 after only playing it for 2 days with no access to the online modes. It's kind of like when MAG came out. People were posting reviews before the servers were even live.
Invincible
Invincible
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:14 pm

MEGAlan wrote:
He was talking about the driving physics.
they can criticise whatever they want, but when it comes to the driving in GT5 it's PERFECT.
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Invincible wrote:It's at 87 now. Just wait for some people to actually play the game and it will score in the 90's. A lot of these reviews are obviously rushed. There's no way you can review a game like GT5 after only playing it for 2 days with no access to the online modes. It's kind of like when MAG came out. People were posting reviews before the servers were even live.

It has an 86 now based off of 18 reviews.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Stoney wrote:
CernaML wrote:It still makes me wonder how a piece of shit like Black Ops scores higher than GT5.

I'm guessing, actually I know, you haven't played Black Ops. . . .
I played Black Ops on my friends 360, campaign was good, multiplayer had the same nooby shit as the past two CoDs, and it was a glitchfest (i can only imagine how bad it is on ps3), im done with the franchise.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:41 am

How can anyone even compare GT5 to COD Black Ops? they're two totally different types of games.
Timmy
Timmy
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CernaML Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Stoney wrote:
CernaML wrote:It still makes me wonder how a piece of shit like Black Ops scores higher than GT5.

I'm guessing, actually I know, you will buy every Call of Duty game even if Activision released two of them a year like they did with Guitar Hero.

I was never really into the Call of Duty games for a long time, but I played them all. I bought Black Ops because it was the first one since COD4 PC that I wanted to get into. Sadly, the only thing that makes me want to go back is Gun Game. The maps are poorly designed, the campaign was boring as usual and it has loads of technical issues. World at War is still my favorite but the quality is dangerously going downhill. At this rate, this franchise will go the way of Guitar Hero.

Now enough assuming. It only makes an ass out of you and me.

@Timmy, BECAUSE WE CAN. Smile

CernaML
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by adro Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/24/gran-turismo-5-final-video-impressions
chek out this ign video, at some point they say "This is the best driving simulation available for consoles... " and "After six long years, it's reaffirmed itself as the king of simulation."

now i'm a bit confused confused

Last edited by adro on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
adro
adro
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 pm

They think it's the best but it's not by a huge margin. Duh?
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm

CernaML wrote:
Stoney wrote:

I'm guessing, actually I know, you will buy every Call of Duty game even if Activision released two of them a year like they did with Guitar Hero.

I was never really into the Call of Duty games for a long time, but I played them all. I bought Black Ops because it was the first one since COD4 PC that I wanted to get into. Sadly, the only thing that makes me want to go back is Gun Game. The maps are poorly designed, the campaign was boring as usual and it has loads of technical issues. World at War is still my favorite but the quality is dangerously going downhill. At this rate, this franchise will go the way of Guitar Hero.

Trying to be smart there I see.

This isn't about if Activision release CoD twice a year. The fact is Black Ops is a quality game, and not "a piece of shit". Smile
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmy Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 am

You guys crack me up arguing about what's shitty and what's not. Trolling at it's finest. Here's a thought: Who Gives A Fuck.
Timmy
Timmy
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:02 am

Stoney wrote:
CernaML wrote:
Stoney wrote:

This isn't about if Activision release CoD twice a year. The fact is Black Ops is a quality game, and not "a piece of shit". Smile
It is a piece of shit, unless your a casual.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:04 am

XenoChaos wrote:This isn't about if Activision release CoD twice a year. The fact is Black Ops is a quality game, and not "a piece of shit". Smile

I'm not a casual Sad I don't think :/ I love the game...
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:20 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
XenoChaos wrote:This isn't about if Activision release CoD twice a year. The fact is Black Ops is a quality game, and not "a piece of shit". Smile

Your not a casual, you would probably find the game boring if you didnt quickscope to make it harder for yourself, correct?
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzy3C Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:29 am

XenoChaos wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:

Your not a casual, you would probably find the game boring if you didnt quickscope to make it harder for yourself, correct?

Maybe :/

I just always used the snipers since Goldeneye I think, I know I used em all the time in the PS2 007 games... They were just always funner for me, one shot one kill Smile
Pizzy3C
Pizzy3C
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:35 pm

XenoChaos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
CernaML wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Is that supposed to be an insult? XD

The campaign is quality, the voice acting is unbelievable ; Treyarch got some of the best actors in the world on board, the MP is fun. Yes I know people cry about campers, I do myself at times, but when you don't take the game serious, its plain old fun. And then there is Zombies which, although can get repetitive, is excellent additon, along with Dead Ops, which takes gamers back to the NES days of Smash TV and Total Carnage.

As for bugs? 90% of games released this generation are riddled with bugs/glitches, devs now have the ability to patch them via PSN/XBL so I think it that department alot of them have become slack.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 pm

LOOK AT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo-5-level-40-advanced-damage-modelling-video-will-shock-you

GT5 is the most unfair reviewed game EVER!!!

IGN and the other 20 sites better their change views on GT5's damage and raise the score significantly.
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Stoney wrote:
XenoChaos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
CernaML wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Is that supposed to be an insult? XD

The campaign is quality, the voice acting is unbelievable ; Treyarch got some of the best actors in the world on board, the MP is fun. Yes I know people cry about campers, I do myself at times, but when you don't take the game serious, its plain old fun. And then there is Zombies which, although can get repetitive, is excellent additon, along with Dead Ops, which takes gamers back to the NES days of Smash TV and Total Carnage.

As for bugs? 90% of games released this generation are riddled with bugs/glitches, devs now have the ability to patch them via PSN/XBL so I think it that department alot of them have become slack.
I agree with you about the campaign and zombies is fun too, but the MP is just straight up terrible, unless you don't play to win, playing the game like a casual would (not caring about winning or losing) is fun, but playing COD seriously is a joke. IMO of course.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Why would you play any game seriously? Unless you're getting paid A LOT, you shouldn't play it seriously.

That's why it's a GAME.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 am

Playing competitive FPS seriously is fun for me, hence why CoD is not.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:02 am

You really need to find something else to do if you play a video game seriously.
ROFL
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:06 am

Big talk for a guy who has over 2.5k posts on an internet forum.
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 am

XenoChaos wrote:Big talk for a guy who has over 2.5k posts on an internet forum.

As much as I try to keep things from going off-topic:

- Subtract announcements, rules, other threads like that

- Subtract moderating on threads

and there you go.

Big Talk? Na man, I'm just not serious over a video game that i'm not getting paid for.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by XenoReaver Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:15 am

Zillah wrote:
XenoChaos wrote:Big talk for a guy who has over 2.5k posts on an internet forum.

As much as I try to keep things from going off-topic:

- Subtract announcements, rules, other threads like that

- Subtract moderating on threads

and there you go.

Big Talk? Na man, I'm just not serious over a video game that i'm not getting paid for.
Alright bro but I am, I enjoy playing competitively, for me it's fun, we all clear now? lol
XenoReaver
XenoReaver
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next