Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am not sure I have the right part of the forum

+10
Stoney
Reaper
TRF
Franko
chobo500
Epzaos
Gutzahn
BlazingBlue
CyberpunkCentral
Zenbloke
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am not sure I have the right  part of the forum Empty I am not sure I have the right part of the forum

Post by Zenbloke Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Can anybody think of a mascot for ps3, ps1 had Crash Bandacoot ps2 had Ratchet and Clank as far as ps3 goes all's I can think of is Sack Boy Kratos or Kevin Buttler but nun of them seem right.
Zenbloke
Zenbloke
Fanboy

http://dances-with-trousers.cabanova.com/

Back to top Go down

I am not sure I have the right  part of the forum Empty Re: I am not sure I have the right part of the forum

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:37 am

Nathan Drake?
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

I am not sure I have the right  part of the forum Empty Re: I am not sure I have the right part of the forum

Post by BlazingBlue Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:52 am

Well going by "Naughty Dog" games it would be Nathan Drake from Uncharted. The game already is giving the Ps3 a lot of air time. But as going as far as saying its the most know PS3 game am not sure. See its different with the Ps3 there's so many titles going up and doing well. That it could be a lot of games. You could toss Call of Duty in there and Bioshock I suppose. Not sure about the rest. But I guess Nathan could be it.
BlazingBlue
BlazingBlue
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

http://cultclassics.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 am

The Ps3 has this variety of Mascots instead of the ONE and only mascot.
This can be a good thing thoug, because it shows the variety of games the Ps3 has to offer.
Wii --> Mario
Xbox --> Master Chief (Spartans in general?)
Ps3 --> Sackboy,Nathan Drake, Solid Snake , Kratos ,Cole ......
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Gutzahn wrote:The Ps3 has this variety of Mascots instead of the ONE and only mascot.
This can be a good thing thoug, because it shows the variety of games the Ps3 has to offer.
Wii --> Mario

I don't consider Solid Snake as a Sony mascot since he didn't start out on PlayStation consoles, and the fact that the "Metal Gear" series is basically a multiplatform franchise now.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Gutzahn wrote:The Ps3 has this variety of Mascots instead of the ONE and only mascot.
Wii --> Mario
Xbox --> Master Chief (Wannabe Spartans in general?), Marcus Fenix, Commander John Shepard.
Fixed!
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Epzaos wrote:
Wii --> Mario
Xbox --> Master Chief (Wannabe Spartans in general?), Marcus Fenix, .
Fixed!

Fixed Again!

Mass effect is coming to PS3. Remember?

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:35 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
Wii --> Mario
Fixed!

Fixed Again!

Mass Effect originally started on the 360 and back then he was considered to be a mascot.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Epzaos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
Wii --> Mario
Fixed!

Fixed Again!

Mass Effect originaly started on the 360 and back then he was considered a mascot.

Not anymore he's not. He has sense moved to the PC and now the PS3.

its the same thing with Snake. He was a PS mascot, then he moved to Xbox, Gamecube etc.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Epzaos Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:39 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
Wii --> Mario
Fixed!

Fixed Again!

Mass Effect originaly started on the 360 and back then he was considered a mascot.

its the same thing with Snake. He was a PS mascot, then he moved to Xbox, Gamecube etc.
Oh, my mistake then.
Epzaos
Epzaos
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazingBlue Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm

CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Wii --> Mario

I don't consider Solid Snake as a Sony mascot since he didn't start out on PlayStation consoles, and the fact that the "Metal Gear" series is basically a multiplatform franchise now.

I disagree Solid Snake is one of the mascots of Sony. Multiplatforms or only remakes and bonus games such as MGS Substance/Twin Snakes. The new game MGS Rising is the only time a Platform other than PlayStation is release the "Original" game. By original I mean its not a remake or bonus game. Besides I don't think anyone confuses Solid Snake to be a Wii Mascot or a Xbox for that matter.
BlazingBlue
BlazingBlue
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Franko Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Wii --> Mario

He is right

Gears of War 1 was on PC you know.................... So was Mass effect 1 and 2
Franko
Franko
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:04 pm

BlazingBlue wrote:
CyberpunkCentral wrote:
Wii --> Mario

I disagree Solid Snake is one of the mascots of Sony. Multiplatforms or only remakes and bonus games such as MGS Substance/Twin Snakes. The new game MGS Rising is the only time a Platform other than PlayStation is release the "Original" game. By original I mean its not a remake or bonus game. Besides I don't think anyone confuses Solid Snake to be a Wii Mascot or a Xbox for that matter.

Ah but see the main "Metal Gear" games weren't always released on PlayStation consoles only. The original "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" were released on MSX and NES. That was way before the first PlayStation was even released. "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" is now headed to the 3DS. Therefor it's no longer a PS2 exclusive. As for "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" it's still the exact same game as Sons of Liberty. The only difference is they added new modes and missions to the game.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Hasn't Kojima only worked on the Playstation Metal Gear games?
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 pm

TRF wrote:Hasn't Kojima only worked on the Playstation Metal Gear games?

No. Hideo Kojima has been working on the "Metal Gear" franchise since the original back on the MSX and NES. He's also working on "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" for the 3DS aswell.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by BlazingBlue Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:59 pm

You're right but I still think he's known more for PS then anything else.
BlazingBlue
BlazingBlue
Newb Gamer
Newb Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 pm

BlazingBlue wrote:You're right but I still think he's known more for PS then anything else.

Oh of course.

Sony doesn't own the "Metal Gear" franchise. Therefor Solid Snake isn't a PlayStation mascot. But if you're a "Metal Gear Solid" fan then you buy yourself a PlayStation console.
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 pm

You should really base a mascot on what console it makes you think of first.

Halo 1 and 2 were on PC but i always consider halo to be an Xbox mascot simply because thats the console i associate it with the most, same goes for Gears.

Battlefield would be PC, MGS would be PlayStation, this is based simply on what platform enters my mind first when i think of those games.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Reaper wrote:You should really base a mascot on what console it makes you think of first.

Halo 1 and 2 were on PC but i always consider halo to be an Xbox mascot simply because thats the console i associate it with the most, same goes for Gears.

Battlefield would be PC, MGS would be PlayStation, this is based simply on what platform enters my mind first when i think of those games.

I agree. When you think MGS you think Playstation. When you think Xbox you think Halo, and then Nintendo with Mario.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by CyberpunkCentral Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:00 pm

And when you think of "Mass Effect" you think of all the weeboles crying that their highest rated game is getting ported to the TR3Y Very Happy
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAlan Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Epzaos wrote:
Wii --> Mario
Fixed!

Fixed Again!

I don't recall him using Mass Effect as a 360 Mascot.
MEGAlan
MEGAlan
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chobo500 Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:36 am

MEGAlan wrote:

I don't recall him using Mass Effect as a 360 Mascot.

Epzaos fixed a statement involving Xbox mascots to say Commander Shepard, the main character in mass effect.

chobo500
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 am

Ok sorry of course the 360 also has marcus fenix, but i dont really see him as a mascot, probably because he isn't really present in my country. Gears of War is banned here, and you cant buy it, and you arent even allowed to evaluate it in the media.
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am

Gutzahn wrote:Ok sorry of course the 360 also has marcus fenix, but i dont really see him as a mascot, probably because he isn't really present in my country. Gears of War is banned here, and you cant buy it, and you arent even allowed to evaluate it in the media.

No way!? O__o

You from Germany?
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Gutzahn Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Stoney wrote:
Gutzahn wrote:Ok sorry of course the 360 also has marcus fenix, but i dont really see him as a mascot, probably because he isn't really present in my country. Gears of War is banned here, and you cant buy it, and you arent even allowed to evaluate it in the media.

No way!? O__o

You from Germany?
exactly. But coregamers play this games here anyways, thanks to austrias export shops^^
Gutzahn
Gutzahn
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next