Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask

5 posters

Go down

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask Empty The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask

Post by SlySonji™ Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Story

Right after Link rids Hyrule of evil, he thought it was time to go out and find a brand new journey. On his way to go see one of his friends, Link finds a place called ''Termina.'' Link hears of what is going to happen to Termina unless something is done about it. The moon will crash into the place in 3 days and will destroy it. On his way to 'central' Termina, Link is encountered by two fairies that stun him and knock him out cold. When he wakes up, he is petrified seeing as they are playing around with the Ocarina. This is where SkullKid comes in. SkullKid is the main evil in Majora's Mask. He curses you and takes your horse. He also steals the most important mask from the ''Happy Mask Shop.'' What a prick, I know. Your job is to find SkullKid, retrieve the important mask, and lift your curse all while under the pressure of the fucking moon. No sweat! Overall, the story is quite amazing and it largely revolves around time. Because of this, it's your safest bet to look for shortcuts when you're walking around town/forest. Any measure that can save you time must be taken. It is crucial.

10/10

Gameplay

Much like Ocarina of Time, gameplay mostly revolves around your sword, your shield, and your wits. You can also use your Ocarina to reverse time when you failed to complete a mission on time (i.e THE MOON!). In this game, a new feature is put into play. Masks. What masks do is that they transform you. Literally. One mask turns you into an onion/tree thing which lets you hop across rivers. Another transforms you into this merman type of thing that lets you breathe underwater. Even with this, the gameplay doesn't strafe to far away from OoT. But why fix what isn't broke right? Oh! And the sidequests! I swear there must be millions of them.

9/10

Sound

When you aren't making beautiful music with your Ocarina (and sometimes not so beautiful. I'm looking at mistakes), there is a soundtrack to listen to. The soundtrack does nothing but lure you in. It fits the perfect mood. Hell, I had nightmares over the soundtrack that goes on when you find SkullKid. It's a masterpiece that could hold it's own with the finest pieces of videogame music. Yes, even Mega Man 2.

10/10

Graphics

This game looks like Ocarina of Time with the exception of amazing color and humongous draw distance. The draw distance could probably hold it's own with the very latest games. Despite not being much to look at, it still looks rather impressive seeing as how (back in the day, obviously) much draw distance is involved. It wasn't anything that revolutionized graphics, but it is still a pretty good looking title.

9/10

9.5/10

It's a short review, but then again, I was too busy playing MM while writing this very review.

Last edited by SlySonji™ on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask

Post by Zillah Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Good review, but, this is the ONE Zelda I didn't like.
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask

Post by sulley Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:29 pm

i love the zelda series, this was a pretty good game however it felt like a departure from zelda. still a great game though
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:46 pm

this game always gives me the creeps. but its a great game
solidstudios
solidstudios

https://www.youtube.com/solidstudios98

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 pm

I've only ever played OoT and MM. I'd like to believe they are the best in the series although I'm sure any proper Zelda fans (The ones that have played them all, or majority) would probably disagree.

Anyway very good review.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down