Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read

2 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read Empty Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read

Post by sulley Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read Final+Fantasy+X

Final Fantasy X was released in 2001 but Square Soft were developing the “Final Fantasy X project” since 1999. Final Fantasy X was the first Final Fantasy on the PS2 also was the first one to use voice acting in cut scenes and battles.

The narrative of Final Fantasy starts with the main protagonist “Tidus” in his home town of Zanarkand and quickly makes a plot twist and Tidus arrives in a mystical world called Spira. The narrative is filled with twists and turns that will keep Final Fantasy fans playing for hours. The main section of the narrative consists of Tidus becoming a guardian and helping Yuna on her pilgrimage to defeat Sin.

The graphics in the game are amazing for 2001. The environments are fully 3D rendered rather than the CG backgrounds from the PS1 and they are stunning. The game features some CG cutscenes that look beautiful they are such high quality cut scenes. The variety of areas in the game is tremendous they range from raging seas to snowy plains. The graphics on the characters are once again fully 3D rendered and look amazing they blend into the games world very well. The sound is comprised of epic music scores and great battle music.

The characters in the game have some excellent character development such as Tidus trying to adjust to Spiras laws and beliefs. And the romance between Yuna and Tidus is so innocent and is spoilt many times. Every playable character in the game is so interesting and I like them all (that is rare). The characters all play major roles in helping Yuna achieve her goal. The characters all have different personalities such as Rikku who is the playful yet caring guardian whereas Auron (my fave character) is very serious and also a father figure to most of the characters in the game.

This is also an example of the CG cutscenes.

Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read 1_224562287l

There are many themes in the narrative such as betrayal, religion and racism.

Yuna is the party’s summoner and white magic mage, she summons aeons that are used to help the party. The summons differ to those in Final Fantasy VII where they are used to pull off one move but in Final Fantasy X you control the aeon as you would a normal party member.

Tidus has some immense speed but can also be quite powerful if leveled up.
Auron is the parties main source of strength and can also weaken enemy stats.
Lulu is the black mage.
Wakka is very effective against flying enemies.
Rikku is the thief and is very fast.
Kimahri doesnt have as much power as Auron but he is faster and also has some white magic.

The combat system is very cool, it is called the CTB (Conditional Turn-Based Battle) which is basically a turn based system but can be affected by the abilities you or your enemies use, some abilities can make you not have a turn for a while where as if you do a normal attack or the use of an item it can allow you to attack twice or have 2 turns.

The sphere grid is the way you improve your characters attributes and also teach them new abilities. It is an interesting way to level up it also makes the characters level up almost non linear. This gives you a real sense of accomplishment when you get a beastly character.

In conclusion I highly recommend this game, this will appeal to fans of the Final Fantasy series or RPGs in general.

Graphics 9/10
Sound 8/10
Gameplay 10/10
Story 8.5/10
Characters 10/10

please tell me what you think, this is my first review in ages so be forgiving.
sulley
sulley
Fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read Empty Re: Final Fantasy X review RPG fans must read

Post by igame Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Awesome review, i loved the battle system and story of this game, the scene where they kiss is one of my favorite scenes Smile anima was a bad ass aeon.
The music was epic too.
igame
igame
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down