Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFXIII Review

5 posters

Go down

FFXIII Review Empty FFXIII Review

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Graphics -
Ok i wont lie FF is tops in most parts of the game in graphics and can be called the best looking game this gen.
However it is noticable that the finger graphics in this game are god awful, custcene and ingame. It is noticable that the cut scenes look a lot better than the ingame graphics but calling the ingame graphics average is quite a stretch.

(9.5/10)

Audio -
Now I'll be honest this game was really pissing me off but some of the games great soundtrack would play and put a smile on my face. FFXIII has many memorable soundtracks that you will probably remember and it will probably put a smile on your face. However i'm afraid in the voice acting part it wasn't so great. All the characters had top notch voice acting apart from vanille...

(9.0/10)

Story -
Sadly SquareEnix went wrong somewhere and ended up giving the job of writing the script to an autistic monkey. The story can be rather confusing many times and you will get a bit pissed off at the constant "Fac'Cie" and "L'Cie" and "C'ieth" in all honesty that is pretty much all they say and the overall dialogue wrapped up. I'm afraid that sometimes when they try to make an emotional cutscene it will be annoyed by some retarded Aussie'British Perky bitch, Or due to the constant poor planning. The ending is also not very satisfying and it doesn't seem to pace it self very well either.

(3.0/10)

Gameplay -
This isn't the FF you grew up with. The game has been streamlines insanely and you have lost towns and the ability to commnunicate with people. you cannot return to any of the places in the game before chapter 11 which is a huge bummer. Some people say it gets better after 10 hours? fuck those fags it sure as hell does not! Gran Pulse will open up around chapter 11 and it is quite large and you can explore and do quest's here. However the only quest's their are, are the ones that are the C'ieth stone missions which get boring very quickly. Although the game has introduced the Paradigm system which seem's to give more of a strategic feeling, right? no not really. it's pretty much buff up, mash x and heal when you need to.

(3.0/10)

In the end FFXIII is not worth the time and money and you will be better off with other JRPG's and the only reason to buy this game is for the soundtrack and pretty graphics, so just watch the cutscenes on youtube or something. This game is not worth your time or money and i recommend you stay away from this pile of shit.
Overall Score- (5.0/10)

Personal Perspective - From a personal perspective i actually really liked this game but i know it is not for everyone, i really enjoyed the streamlines parts because they seemed to incorporate it so well but it is pretty much just a dungeon crawler which i enjoy to death but i know that's not for the FF crowd. My personal score for the game would be a (8.0/10) but then again i realize im as biased as fuck.

Back to top Go down

FFXIII Review Empty Re: FFXIII Review

Post by TRF Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:00 pm

So you give it a 5/10, then you say that your personal opinion is an 8/10? What's the 5/10, then?
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.ign.com/blogs/Z0mb33Sl4y3r/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zillah Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:34 pm

The average i'm guessing
Zillah
Zillah
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/user/KidZiLLah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:34 pm

TRF wrote:So you give it a 5/10, then you say that your personal opinion is an 8/10? What's the 5/10, then?
ubiased score

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckno Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:36 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:So you give it a 5/10, then you say that your personal opinion is an 8/10? What's the 5/10, then?
ubiased score
But, this is you're review.. It's supposed to be biased..
Teckno
Teckno

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 pm

tahmidk wrote:
ubiased score
It's your opinion of the game . . . it's supposed to be biased. I'm taking the 8/10 because that's what you actually thought.
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 am

TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
ubiased score
It's your opinion of the game . . . it's supposed to be biased. I'm taking the 8/10 because that's what you actually thought.
lol dont blame me if u dont like it because im a REALLY biased , wanna know how biased? i thought the last rebellion was better than alan wake...

Back to top Go down

Post by TRF Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:31 pm

tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
ubiased score
lol dont blame me if u dont like it because im a REALLY biased , wanna know how biased? i thought the last rebellion was better than alan wake...
And that's your opinion. I loved FFXIII as well as you did. I'd give it an 8.5/10, an even higher score than you did. Laughing
TRF
TRF
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:33 pm

ŦЯӺ wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
ubiased score
And that's your opinion. I loved FFXIII as well as you did. I'd give it an 8.5/10, an even higher score than you did. Laughing
lol my only problem was that the story was just meh but the gameplay makes it up for that and i actually thought the linear segments were scripted quite well so i didnt really mind the lack of free roam once i was playing

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:01 am

ŦЯӺ wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
TRF wrote:
tahmidk wrote:
ubiased score

And now we are three!

The trinity, it is complete!
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by gow Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm

I played the game at a freinds house and I have to say that the game is god awful. The gameplay is for noobs and come on auto heal at the end of each battle the game is terrible IMO.
gow
gow
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down