Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the PS3 Nation! Please feel free to sign up and make sure you check your inbox as soon as you do! Enjoy your time spent here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3

4 posters

Go down

BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Empty BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm

BioWare boss Ray Muzyka, speaking in Cologne today, has told VG247 that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is to include introductory content to provide a “seamless introduction” to the IP’s universe, as well as confirming the inclusion of DLC and access to the Cerburus Network.

Click here to read the full article...
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Empty Re: BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I called that shit!

Awesome =3

So we get an introductory so we know the full story (I'm guessing we get to make important choices from the first somehow), we get all the DLC, and the Cerberus Network?

Ultra Win.

Also, can you post the full article here? The computer I am currently on, and the one I will be using for the next 3 days, sucks. Please, if you could, post the entire article.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3 Empty Re: BioWare Confirms Introductory Content For "Mass Effect 2" On PS3

Post by CyberpunkCentral Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Sonji wrote:I called that shit!

Awesome =3

So we get an introductory so we know the full story (I'm guessing we get to make important choices from the first somehow), we get all the DLC, and the Cerberus Network?

Ultra Win.

Also, can you post the full article here? The computer I am currently on, and the one I will be using for the next 3 days, sucks. Please, if you could, post the entire article.

The article is pretty long, so i'm just going to post half of it. You can read the other half later when you're on a better computer.

And here it is...

BioWare boss Ray Muzyka, speaking in Cologne today, has told VG247 that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is to include introductory content to provide a “seamless introduction” to the IP’s universe, as well as confirming the inclusion of DLC and access to the Cerburus Network.

Following confirmation of a January 2011 release for a PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 in EA’s gamescom press conference yesterday, Muzyka said it was important to the studio to “bring some new things to bear” for the PS3 version.

“One of the things we’re doing is that we’re bringing a lot of the post-release downloadable content and will integrate it into the experience, so that PS3 fans can check that out and play it,” he said.

While confirming the inclusion of an introductory segment for the PS3 SKU, Muzyka was cagey on specifics, refusing to confirm whether or not new gameplay is to be included over the 360 and PS3 version.

“We’re making sure there’s a really seamless introduction to the world of Mass Effect, for players that haven’t experienced it before,” he said.

“So even though it’s Mass Effect 2 specifically, we’re making sured there’s a nice introduction experience, that provides the back-story and the things that have happened up to that point in the universe, and makes it a really seamless introduction.”

He added: “We haven’t revealed what that is yet. It’ll be something that provides a good introduction and provides a lot of the back-story and introduces you well to the story-arc, and kind of makes you feel like you’re part of it all. And then you can jump right into the action in Mass Effect 2.”

Muzyka said that, while Cerberus Network features are unnannounced for the PS3 version, it will be available in a “full way”.

“I guess in terms of what the Cerberus Network represents, it really represents a lot of content, it represents a lot of post-release support, and we… do want make sure the PS3 fans get that experience in as full away as possible,” he said.

“But we’ll reveal more of that over time.”
CyberpunkCentral
CyberpunkCentral
PS3 Nation Greats

https://www.youtube.com/user/CyberpunkCentral?feature=mhw4

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks!

Seems like PS3 owners are getting the ''better experience'' after all Laughing
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm

lol it's a bit like exclusive dlc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Awesome =3

Ultra Win.

I called it!! You liar! Kratos
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:29 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Awesome =3

Ultra Win.

Actually, we both called it.

So far it seems that the PS3 version is shaping up to be the best version.

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/playstation-3-games-f4/mass-effect-2-is-coming-to-the-ps3-t1552.htm

I said it before you did Laughing
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:32 pm

tahmidk wrote:lol it's a bit like exclusive dlc

Its more like a GOTY edition. All the DLC that has been released so far and in the future will come with the PS3 version. There is noway that it will be exclusive DLC seen as its such a story driven game.

EDIT: There could be some cool armour or weapon DLC for either platform, but it wont be extra missions seen as most things, big or small, main mission or side mission, carry on over from the previous game.

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Full access to Cerburus Network = WIN
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Sonji wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Awesome =3

Ultra Win.

Actually, we both called it.

So far it seems that the PS3 version is shaping up to be the best version.

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/playstation-3-games-f4/mass-effect-2-is-coming-to-the-ps3-t1552.htm

I said it before you did Laughing

I was more specific, so therefore I win. YAAAAY Silly
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Okay, okay, you win.

But still, this article is full of win. So I guess we won't be lost in the story, we get the full experience and more? Awesome.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoney Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Sonji wrote:Okay, okay, you win.

But still, this article is full of win. So I guess we won't be lost in the story, we get the full experience and more? Awesome.

Definitely awesome if you own one console.
Stoney
Stoney
Forum Great

Back to top Go down

Post by SlySonji™ Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

So, we all win =3

I have yet to play Mass Effect 2 so I can't wait.
SlySonji™
SlySonji™
PS3 Nation Greats

Back to top Go down

Post by TheStaticFox Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 pm

i'll lol when the backstory is just the Mass Effect in 5 minutes video by ign =P

seriously tho this is sweet, but why january. give me a lil time to play all the great holiday games before they throw me another great game i have to play =(
TheStaticFox
TheStaticFox
Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down